Your favourite Mac AppStore Apps!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ifti, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Ifti macrumors 68000

I know some of you guys are having problems accessing the Mac AppStore at the moment, but for those of us who are working fine - what are your favourite MAC apps downloaded so far?!

2. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

At the moment, my favorite apps are "Clarity", a facebook app and of course the Twitter app. Swackett is a pretty cool app, it tells you what's best to wear for the current weather in your city/state. :)

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Angry Birds, Chopper 2, Alfred, Mashable..for now..

4. Ifti thread starter macrumors 68000

I have Angry Birds on my iPhone and that's enough for me. I don't know why it's so damn popular that it's also now available on not just the mac and the iPad, but the PS3 and soon the xbox and the PC!!! Once you've played it on one platform you've played them all!

I have all the applications i need on my MBP already TBH. However I do like the odd utility app to keep my system clean. I have Onyx at the mo, but may look for an additional similar app to get the bits Onyx may miss.....

5. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Bought iPhoto, Pages and Keynote which I previously had pirated. Started the download at 4pm. It's now just past 11pm and iPhoto, the first download, still isn't done.

No offence the the app store, I'm sure it will be great sometime in the future... but for the moment, even for a initial launch, it's slow and full of ****.

6. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Combo Update - Slow Connection

Slow App Store HAAAA

I can't even finish downloading the 10.6.6 Combo Updater (0.98GB) yet...

It's been 3+ hours and it's only 80% finished. Left the computer alone for all that time.

Funny though, it's stuck dl'ing at 64KB/sec while I just updated 30+ MB of iTunes Apps in under a minute on the same computer.

App Store slow, I can't even get the App Store yet :(

7. gsmumbo macrumors regular

gsmumbo

What do you think of Clarity? Might buy it.

8. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

Bought iphoto which I do like using, thinking of buying new GarageBand for the how did I play feature since I'm learning keyboard. Also found minesweeper on there which haven't seen in years.

9. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Why buy a facebook app when the facebook website is free? Do you guys just love to throw your money at pointless apps and Apple?

10. gsmumbo macrumors regular

gsmumbo

Organization. That's like asking why there are so many twitter apps. The website is free but the apps organize the info into a better presented application.

11. StopSign24 macrumors regular

The only app that I bought thus far is Sketchbook Pro. Great drawing app if anyone is looking for one, and it's on sale for $30 instead of $80.

12. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Sketchbook Express is also available for free in case you want to try out how the Sketchbook software works.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Considering I've bought Angry Birds for the iPhone and iPad, I refuse to spend any more cash on the damn game. I think people who own it for both platforms should get it for OS X for free.

14. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

15. Isair macrumors member

Isair

I bought Angry Birds, Chopper 2, Guns of Icarus and the Precipice of Darkness Episode 1 & 2 and I must say my favorite so far is Precipice of Darkness followed closely by Guns of Icarus (its multiplayer is fun, fun and fun!).

16. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Text Wrangler! There are so many things that I'm finding that I didn't know existed -- I think that is the whole point. :D So far so good. Sure it's slow now, everyone who has a Mac is downloading the client (except those who already finished). :D

We'll see how it goes in the coming weeks.

17. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I like it. Only thing is if you want to view photos you have to go to the actual FB site.

18. Kehaan macrumors member

Have brought Angry Birds and Chopper 2.

And i am planning to buy Guns of Icarus and the Precipice of Darkness Episode 1 and Majesty 2 soon.

19. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Twitter & Rapidweaver are my top ones at this time

20. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

Twitter and Angry Birds, still on the fence about clarity

21. Squadleader macrumors regular

22. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

I haven't bought anything. I'm not a sheep, I will not panic buy stuff like a lot of people are doing just because it's there. I already have all the software I need & I don't install junk I don't need or require.

I dislike how this has been implemented & how Apple thinks I needed an icon on my Dock and so on...

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You realize you could have just downloaded TextWrangler from barebones directly.

24. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

The only good thing about the app store is I can watch it drive the value of my Apple stock higher.

Beyond that it's just another display of Apple's control over the masses.