*Your iPhone 4 Experience*

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hydrocity, Jun 23, 2010.

?

What Problems Does Your iPhone 4 Have?

1. Yellow spots on the screen

7 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Dropped signals when held in hand

74 vote(s)
    28.7%
  3. Bad battery life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nothing, the iPhone is great!

164 vote(s)
    63.6%
  5. Other (Please post your problem)

13 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

So, as the iPhone 4's start rolling out, I have noticed some complaints. Some including a Yellow tint, dropped signals, and even battery problems.

So I see some people having second thoughts when it comes to the decision regarding whether or not to buy the new iPhone 4. Now you need to realize that this site will have more "Oh my iPhone has this problem" threads than "OMGz This Phone iZ AMAZING!" threads.

So the point of this thread is to see how much of the general MacRumours iPhone 4 population actually has these problems, and maybe it will help others decide if the iPhone 4 would be worth it to them.

Please, if you own an iPhone 4, take part in the poll, it will provide much better and acurate results. Thanks

Also, if you experience multiple problems, just pick your most annoying one and post all of your problems.

2. wake6830 macrumors regular

Activated mine about an hour ago. No yellow screen, no reception issues. It's pretty great so far, especially compared to the 2G that I'm upgrading from. I haven't tested out battery life yet, that will have to wait until tomorrow.

3. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

No problems so far. The experience has been awesome!!

4. cbruce76 macrumors member

The only problem I have is that I can't keep my greasy little fingers off of it. :)

5. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    No problems so far, everything is working great.

6. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

I dont have mine yet, but I would like to know if fingerprints are a problem

I hate fingerprints....

7. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Mine is in 100% working order as far as I can tell. I haven't put it down for 3 hours and I am noticing absolutely no reception or screen issues. It is FAST as hell and iOS 4 runs like a dream on it.

The only thing (I think) that I haven't tried out is Facetime, but at the moment I don't have anyone to try that out with. In a few days my buddy is getting his I4 so I'll try it out then.

8. drewby macrumors member

drewby

Greeat poll. FedEx didn't look at the taped pre sign form so I won't know for sur about mine until tomorrow, but the forum has had me worried. This makes me feel better, at least for now. ;)

9. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! That was my primary reason for creating this. I got the idea from the MacBook Pro forum, where the forum was filled about complaints regarding dead pixels, and battery life. But the poll showed like 85% of the people had a perfect machine.

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Mine came in at about 70% charged and once I activated, restored and synced it it went up to 80%. I've been using it with normal use from 4p (when I received it) on and it's only down to 59%. So far it kills the 3G(S) phones and even the original iPhone in battery life. Loving it!

11. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

you guys gotta start linking all the people ready to ditch their reservations to the poll results.

12. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

bump, put this on the main page, lets see how many actually iphone 4 owners put in there data for this poll!

13. eTip macrumors 6502

Bump. Most helpful iPhone 4 thread / poll yet.

14. allonym macrumors regular

Agreed. I'm still a bit worried but reassured enough to go get my reserved phone now.

15. eTip macrumors 6502

Ditto. Checking my screen before I leave the store tho!

16. drewby macrumors member

drewby

Wow 70% so far are good. Interesting to see what this poll looks like by the end of the day today... :cool:

17. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I have no issues with my i4 at all. Just need to pick up a case after work 2day and maybe a Zagg Invisible shield if Best Buy has time to install it today.

18. diabolic macrumors 68000

No problems. No yellow spots. No reception problems and no dropped calls so far.

19. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

My experience is so-so. Overall the iPhone is awesome. Camera awesome. Screen awesome. Response awesome. Call quality... uh... well... yeah about that.

So I know the iPhone 4 connects to towers differently. I get that. Its only that in my apartment, my 3G had no problem. My iPhone 4? Searching for a signal.

Of course I can get 2 bars when I'm not actually holding it.

I'm confident Apple will have some sort of response to this... it might just need a change to the way they filter out interference, and can just be a patch. But they REALLY should have tested the phone outside of its fake 3GS shell some more...

EDIT: Should be noted, no dropped calls yet but my wife noted that the quality from her end was far far worse when I was in my apartment.

20. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

Got mine today, showed up at mall at 4am, got in at 6am, store opened at 7am, was out of store by 9am. The rep even asked me to take it out of box and check for any tint on the screen that would be unusual, due to the rumored complaints so far. We both checked it out and seemed okay with it. He was extremely helpful, and made the whole experience better. Everything is working fine, just trying to get a hold of friends to see if they got it yet so I can try FaceTime.

21. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

:)Glad to see that the majority of the population has no issues:)

22. hazeydavey macrumors regular

Love it. After reading all the initial complaints online all day, got home and was expecting to unpack my phone, find yellow spots, poor service, etc etc.

Upgraded from 3G to this, and so much faster!

The screen is unreal. Updating took maybe 1 hour to restore my old phone and fill up about 20 GB of music.

Live in NYC and calls have been so far so good. People say calls from the street and I sound much better when traffic rushes past.

So overall, I'm dubbing it "the greatest smartphone ever."

:)

Dave

23. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

24. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

25. Digglez macrumors newbie

• Proximity sensor does not work properly
    • Signal loss when held in left hand
    • "No Sim" error after 15 minutes of use