Your old Watch

MacLawyer

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
U.S.A.
I’m thinking of getting Series 4, but I have a nice Series 3 that wasn’t cheap. What are you all doing with your prior Apple Watches?

Last edited:
Reactions: dotzero123

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
I’m thinking of getting Series 4, but I have a nice Series 3 that wasn’t cheap. What are you all doing with you prior Apple Watches?
I passed my S2 watch down to my son-in-law... still works great, and he was excited to get it. From what I've seen, the Watches are not fetching a very high price for resale.

dotzero123

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
I traded mine in too... couldn’t resist the new sceen and improvements in connectivity. Glad that Apple has the buy back program.. always uncomfortable for me to sell to strangers and cross fingers that they deal with you honestly

Reactions: AppleChic76

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
Applied to Turn it in before the announcement for a credit
Sent it back after preorder day

Jason Honer

Suspended
Aug 13, 2018
Boston MA
I’m thinking of getting Series 4, but I have a nice Series 3 that wasn’t cheap. What are you all doing with your prior Apple Watches?
I traded my S2 into Apple today when I bought the S4. They gave me $115 for it which isn’t great, but I got to keep the band that came with the S2 and the charger, so that’s like an extra $80 right there. Now I have 2 chargers which is nice and extra bands.

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have a space black SS series 3 I’m hoping to sell since it still has some good value

I also have a regular SS series 0 that I’m gonna keep... It’s not worth much and I have the stainless steel link bracelet to go with it, so I’ll still wear it on occasions. It’s a bit more dressy than my new gold aluminum s4

big samm

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2008
For now i kept my series S0 and S3 Lte and got my S4 lte yesterday... Like others i might just bring them to Apple for a credit or gift card!

Br3wnor

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2018
Gonna be at least a month before the new watch arrives but when it does I’m just going to keep my old one for posterity. Verizon offered $25 for it (Series 0) but I’d rather just keep it in my collection of old electronic stuff that I’ll look at fondly when I’m old.

jayenes

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
CA
I’m going to keep my S2 in rotation. I could see swapping it out when we go hiking or something rough like that. If I could convince hubs to wear it that would be ideal. He just doesn’t want to be my Dick Tracy buddy haha!

tacomahunter

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
Idaho
Walked into the Boise store today, thought I was not going to be able to buy the new 4, asked and they had one of the space gray 44 al in stock still. Well "what will you give me for the 3?" $225 credit and a new toy for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.