Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Ok, so I'm no alcoholic, but I do feel qualified to ask this question, because I go to the #1 party school in the U.S., WVU.

What is your preferred alcoholic beverage and why?

I'll start. I like Bacardi Superior and Diet Coke. Why? Well, I'm diabetic and anything with sugar (think Soco and Lime) messes with my blood sugar something terrible, as does beer.

This drink also allows me to drink a good amount and feel *OK* about my calorie intake. I used to be a hardcore Bud Light supporter, but I can drink a few Rum and D. Cokes and be good to go and not wake up with a hangover and/or an ugly girl besides me.

Yes, I am a few Rum and Cokes deep, so what say you?

Jay

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
I haven't been able to drink rum for a few years. Somehow it kills my stomach. But give me Jack or give me death. Or something like that.

Also a good Gallo or Mondavi cabernet. And some 15 year old Macallan single malt. Yummy yummy.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Ok, so I'm no alcoholic, but I do feel qualified to ask this question, because I go to the #1 party school in the U.S., WVU.

I can't bash WVU too badly, you do have Noel Devine on your football team, but c'mon, you know as well as I do it's not near the #1 party school in the nation.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Tequila - Don Julio 1942
don_julionew1942.jpg

Rum - Zacapa 23 Year
ProductImage.aspx

Female drink recommendations:
a) Malibu - Pineapple (splash grenadine optional)
b) Shot called Alabama Slammer

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
For those of us not blessed with the intimate knowledge of the US college party scene :rolleyes: what and where is "WVU"? :confused:
probably west virginia university. (though what US college is not a ridiculous 'party'? :p)

To answer the original question, probably my fav drink is a cosmopolitan - I am indeed girly in that regard. I also love Mojitos, especially in summer. Bloody Mary is another lasting fav of mine.
I'm honestly not much of a drinker though.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Yes, West Virginia University. In all the lists I've seen, it's not even top 20 in partying, although depending on who you are your mileage might vary. The top of the lists are usually either Arizona State University, U of Wisconsin at Madison, Penn St., and a few others.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Yes, West Virginia University. In all the lists I've seen, it's not even top 20 in partying, although depending on who you are your mileage might vary. The top of the lists are usually either Arizona State University, U of Wisconsin at Madison, Penn St., and a few others.

I can confirm ASU with all certainty!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Cappuccino, and therefore, I'd probably enjoy some sort of alcoholic coffee drink (whatever they're called).

Smoothies. Add vodka to one, I guess.

Tequila shots. Don't put other stuff in it (ie: tequila sunrise). You can't cover up the taste and make it taste better, so don't bother.

I'm a big beer fan. Or I was. Now I'll drink any crappy beer and be happy with it. However, when I have the opportunity, I take great joy in having a good beer, or trying out new beers recommended by someone (who I trust, beer-wise).

In Australia, I'll have a Coopers or Little Creatures Pilsner. There isn't much else in this barren land. Others include Guinness, Caffreys, Kostritzer, Leffe Brun (and Radieuse, I guess), and numerous others, I'm sure.

For those of us not blessed with the intimate knowledge of the US college party scene :rolleyes: what and where is "WVU"? :confused:

probably west virginia university. (though what US college is not a ridiculous 'party'? :p)

These posts came 2 minutes apart.

Why didn't you just verbally ask the question and answer? :p Are you sitting beside each other, posting away?

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Dalat Red Wine and Gin & Tonic - the source of some extremely enjoyable nights out in MuiNe and Hanoi. ( ;) )

Now that I'm home again it's the ever dependable Guinness.

Non-alcoholic beverage - Tazo zen green tea.

nikopolidis

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
Well, I love beer. I drink it much and often. Every weekend and one day on the workdays. :) But now I should reduce drinking beer as I think that if I will continue to drink it much I will become fat... Actually I'm becoming fat a little bit that is why I've decided to reduce drinking my favourate drink...
Another drinks. Whiskey pure, whiskey-cola, whiskey-soda. Tequila. :)
I hate Vodka in spite of I'm Russian! ;)

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I gave up drinking soda after I read how bad it is for your health. I'm into the high-end Single Malt Scotch (as I've posted before) but on my budget I can only afford one every six months.

ahem, my choice:
balv-portwood21yo.jpg_original_1.jpg

...or, tap water, depending on my paycheck. ;)

teleromeo

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2006
kidnapped by aliens
Champagne, and with extension everything that has the same dry taste and a fair amount of bubbles. A good méthode champenoise can taste as good as the real thing. I only like the dry ones, these are the real champagnes. The ones with the sweet taste (Brut/Demi Sec/Medium Dry) are made with less superior wine and with added sugar.

Of coarse I don't drink this on a daily basis but only on special occasions.
As a daily beverage I like a common belgian lager (Maes/Stella Artois/Jupiler).

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
I can't bash WVU too badly, you do have Noel Devine on your football team, but c'mon, you know as well as I do it's not near the #1 party school in the nation.

I'm just going off the Princton Review's ranking this year. Yes, I have heard that ASU is amazing as well and actually turned down a golf scholarship there. Also, in the past few years when Playboy has ranked they didn't rank WVU, saying something to the effect of "we don't rank pro's with amateurs." Every night is one big party up here and I have been to my fair share of colleges. I'm not trying to get an argument going, just saying that I go to West Virginia University, so it's not like I'm going to some small school in the middle of nowhere.

Keep the replies comin'....

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
At the moment I am back into cider again after having a small change to Real Ales. I have to say I'm not a big fan of the mainstream brands like Blackthorn and Strongbow but love the Thatchers :)

Although I am from Somerset I have recently found myself enjoying some of the French Cider from my Supermarket!

Having the Coronation Tap in Bristol, UK helps.

On the spirits from I have become partial to Irish Whiskey since I visited Dublin, so at the moment am drinking Jameson Whiskey as it's easily available.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I'm not much of an alcohol drinker, and I'm not sure I have a "favorite" beverage in that regard. It depends on what I'm drinking it with - as I seldom just drink alcohol without a food chaser anymore.

So with a nice dinner I prefer wine - generally a Pinot Noir, but I also like Shiraz. I'm not a wine expert, and simply like what I like.

Same with beer, which I'll generally have with pizza, burgers, that type of thing. I'll go with a Belgian style ale like Blue Moon on average, but my favorite is a true Belgian brew - La Chouffe.

I very seldom drink "hard" liquor. When I do, it's generally an after-dinner drink like Bailey's. I do enjoy the occasional margarita with Mexican, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.