Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bronnko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2022
I have this weird bug on my iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16.3.

On a 60 FPS video in the Youtube app or a Twitch 60 FPS live stream, the framerate will drop to 30 for a few seconds then return to normal. It does this every 15-20 seconds. So watching anything in 60 FPS is unstable. This isn't happening on my older iPhone nor my iPad. Weird thing is, with the "stats for nerd" setting enabled in Youtube, it doesn't register the frame drops. This happens on Wifi and Mobile network.

Does anyone know what's causing this?

Moue666

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2023
The issue doesn't happen on iOS 15, wondering if the issue will be fixed in iOS 17.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Doesn’t happen on my up to date iPhone 13 and I use the YT app every day. Sorry I can’t help ya.

Lckphs

Cancelled
Nov 2, 2021
I have this weird bug on my iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16.3.

On a 60 FPS video in the Youtube app or a Twitch 60 FPS live stream, the framerate will drop to 30 for a few seconds then return to normal. It does this every 15-20 seconds. So watching anything in 60 FPS is unstable. This isn't happening on my older iPhone nor my iPad. Weird thing is, with the "stats for nerd" setting enabled in Youtube, it doesn't register the frame drops. This happens on Wifi and Mobile network.

Does anyone know what's causing this?
Same thing happening to me on my 13PM. I’ve returned my M1 iPad Pro because I initially thought this was an issue with the display. Now I have the M2 iPad Pro since a week and 60fps videos are the same stuttery mess. I really believe most people aren’t sensitive enough to notice those stutters, hence why there are not that many reports out there. I can assure that the issue is still present in iOS/ipad os 17.0.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.