Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

155156-iphone_3gs_video.jpg

Google today announced that daily YouTube uploads directly from mobile devices have increased 400% since the release of the iPhone 3GS last Friday. The iPhone 3GS includes the ability to record video and provides for easy uploading directly to YouTube from within the Camera Roll section of the Photos application.

YouTube also notes, however, that the spike generated by the release of the iPhone 3GS is also the acceleration of a trend that has seen the upload rate grow by 1700% over the past six months.
This growth represents three things coming together: new video-enabled phones on the market, improvements to the upload flow when you post a video to YouTube from your phone, and a new feature on YouTube that allows your videos to be quickly and effortlessly shared through your social networks. It takes just a minute to connect your YouTube account to your Facebook, Twitter and Google Reader accounts. Complete a simple, one-time connection on our upload page to allow all your friends and followers to get a real-time stream of your uploads to YouTube, which can be essential in this age of citizen reporting and ubiquitous sharing.

Article Link: YouTube Daily Mobile Uploads Have Increased 400% Since Launch of iPhone 3GS

Doodledoo

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
It's really incredible what adding a feature people have been asking for will do, haha.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
It's really incredible what adding a feature people have been asking for will do, haha.
One can only imagine the extensive lobbying engaged for the purpose of delaying such features - the front facing camera being one of them.

auburnfan24

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
i wonder if it will ever be possible to video your screen (much like a screenshot) but able to video playing a game (for demos or tutorials). this may not be of use to many, but it would be cool to have!

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
Great, as if YouTube wasn't bad enough. Now it's the hub of s****y 30 second iPhone videos of absolutely nothing important or impressive.

samac92

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
the announcement actually states that since the 3GS release uploads have increased 400% each day

"just since last Friday, when the iPhone 3GS came out, uploads increased by 400% a day."

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Great, as if YouTube wasn't bad enough. Now it's the hub of s****y 30 second iPhone videos of absolutely nothing important or impressive.
Let's just hope they remain at an average of 30 seconds duration.

Jeremy08

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
How long before the AT&T network falls to its' knees and AT&T bans uploading of video to youtube?

If that happened i would likely call and complain until they let me out of my contract, sell my iPhone, and go to verizon. I have had it up to here with AT&T.:mad:

OneShotos

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
:mad: Don't worry all those people posting ain't on AT&T network :eek: we can even get MMS or tethering. :rolleyes: Let alone not having to waiting 3 day to get phone service.

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
Did anyone read the article on Google (who owns Youtube) this morning?
They are having a financing hurdle with Youtube. The uploads and new server equipment costs are growing so fast that future projections show that Google may have to cut back on Youtube in the future. (the rate of costs of operation are growing faster than advertising income revenue)
Let me find the link...
http://mediamemo.allthingsd.com/200...rt-bulking-up-again/?reflink=ATD_yahoo_ticker

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.