YouTube Improvement

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Blorzoga, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Blorzoga, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010

Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that YouTube runs much better on 4.2?
    I had watched a few videos right before updating to 4.2 and there was the usual stopping/starting/buffering crap. After the update, the same videos ran without interruption. Apple must have fixed something.

2. elmo151 Guest

+1

3. jrboddie macrumors newbie

It seems much better to me. I watched a lot of YouTube videos yesterday and today and none of them stopped like they did with 3.2.1.

4. BarelakedNadies macrumors newbie

Yep. Seems a million times better for me.

Glad you put this up. I've given up using it because it was so bad for me and I wouldn't have thought to check. Thanks!

5. big samm macrumors 65816

yes YouTube works a lot better than 3.2 no doubt about it.... but still no option to view high quality over 3G... and I just hate the mobile site. I always have to sign in to see my sub videos...

6. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

I haven't noticed any improvement - but then again as i have mentioned in another YouTube thread, overseas data tends to trickle in to New Zealand (even at my university which as one of the fastest internet connections in the country) which has such a massive impact on my ability to view videos that I probably don't even get the chance to experience any iPad related issues.

7. Kauai macrumors 6502a

Hmm. That is interesting, I never really thought how the internet could really be limited to a modern country like New Zealand by remoteness. Are there no fiber optics cables linked to NZ? If not is it even possible, then, to achieve the speed levels of Continental Countries?

8. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

It's not just the remoteness, but also the low population density which results in a very expensive infrastructure.

9. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

YouTube is much better for me as well. I was a victim of constant stalling. Not anymore.

10. sers macrumors regular

YouTube is much better for me as well. No stuttering, stopping or hesitation. Just great, seamless video. Funny, there was no mention of YouTube improvements from Apple. Oh well, I'll take it. :)

11. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

12. walkie macrumors 6502

The same happened to me, youtube is doing it very well after updating...;)

13. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost