Youtube - Macbook Pro Matte Screen 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by YOKOJP, Aug 18, 2009.

1. YOKOJP macrumors member

2. puma1552 macrumors 601

3. Jobsian macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

lol "smell that child asian labour"..."smells like me actually!" :D

4. L0s7man macrumors 6502

The hinge should be grey not black! Apple, seriously, you've finally given the matte back and you can't change the colour of the stupid hinge?

Just do what old good pre-unibody MBP had -> GREY HINGE!

Thanks for matte video!

5. Nickm4N macrumors member

Nice video, but I still like the glossy screen more.

:)

6. zedsdead macrumors 68040

In Photobooth, you should check the "Auto Flip New Photos" command so your video is the correct orientation.

Cool video nonetheless. I also prefer the Glassy, but I do not use it where I get much direct light.

7. ChaosAngel macrumors member

Cool video, cheers for the preview. I would have liked a matte screen on my MBP, however I am not a fan of the silver edge. Not sure why Apple decided to change the design.

8. helloimD4NNY macrumors regular

I don't need the matte screen. Actually i haven't experienced any glare at all(besides the keyboard's light on the black strip around the "MacBook Pro" logo". Probably because I keep my screens brightness on 4.

How's the battery life on the new Macbook?

9. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

is it just me or did the colors on the glossy seem more "washed out" compared to the matte?

i think this video helped make my decision to go with a 17" mbp w/ matte screen

10. trondah macrumors 6502

Let me guess, your Mac often get new bumps and scratches. If someone treated my Mac like that I'd soon be looking at a life sentence :)

11. J DILLA macrumors member

does this happen on the non matte screens too????
    [​IMG]

12. Branskins macrumors 65816

I really do not like the silver around the screen. It makes a look like a cheap plastic laptop (the screen portion that is).

13. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Agreed.

14. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Same here.:D

15. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

How come the arrow keys are on the left?!?!

16. jpma macrumors 6502

17. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

What are you talking about. Apple DIDN'T change the design. They only added the OPTION to get a matte screen because there were so many people requesting it. The silver edge is just like the previous edition matte screen Macbook Pros. They had to make some compromises to make it work with the new design. And for the record, you can still buy the glossy version because it is standard.

18. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

You're making a purchase decision based on what you think you saw on a youtube video? You realize that you are looking at a heavily compressed video of a screen on your screen? If you want an accurate view, you would need to go to an Apple store. Otherwise be prepared for a surprise.

19. kis macrumors 65816

I've always thought the glossy version's black frame around the screen makes the MBP look like a cheapo HP consumer notebook. I greatly prefer the new look of the matte version - looks more professional, like the previous MBPs, when they still deserved the "Pro" in their name.

20. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I'm glad this guy showed this video to prove that matte isn't all that it's made out to be. I hate the matte screen for 2 major reasons. 1), instead of a reflection, you get a white glare from light shining on it, whether it's room lighting or outdoor lighting. 2), they always look more washed out. I've had Mac Powerbooks and the one thing that annoyed me the most was the glare given from a matte screen and the unfortunate wash out in colors.

The glossy screens may have reflections but their color richness and clarity is better on the eyes.

21. inknoise macrumors newbie

Yes, you can totally tell how it looks in real-life from a low-resolution YouTube flash video...

22. wankey macrumors 6502a

So much misinformation and subjectivity in this post that there is no point arguing.

Have you had a LED Macbook Pro matte? Well they pwn the PowerBooks in terms of color and screen quality.

Your argument is your 4 year old Powerbook's matte display is worse than modern day LED screens. Yes you are right.

Also color richness and clarity is the same on Matte, clearly don't understand the difference. It's the same display, except you get slightly less brightness and a lot of reflections using gloss. There has been numerous tests to show that Gloss at 100% brightness is the same brightness as Matte at 90% brightness.

23. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Why are you so aggressive? I can only assume the first person meant why did Apple choose to go with the silver bezel as opposed to the black one as seen on the glassy displays.

You can calm down, seriously, there is no need to be so hostile.

24. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Yes! Another Matte vs. Glossy argument thread!

25. Incision macrumors newbie

seriously though lets get back to the topic at hand...

How this kid throws around all his apple stuff!!!!:eek:

Like someone else said it anyone treated my comps like this i would have lost it.