Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Since the 2015 launch of the Apple Watch, Apple has had a growing focus on health and fitness, and has been aiming to make significant improvements in these areas with apps like the Health app and services like Apple Fitness+.

MacRumors videographer Dan this week put together a great fitness video that outlines his favorite fitness-related products that he's been using to stay in shape over the past year, plus he surveyed several other popular YouTubers to see what they like.

iJustine, Jon Rettinger, Kevin the Tech Ninja, and Andru Edwards are featured in the video telling us all about the products that they use to stay healthy.

Many of the YouTubers have high-end gear like the Peloton, Tempo Studio, and Tonal devices, all of which cost thousands and may be out of range for many people, but there are many other more affordable solutions like the Apple Watch for tracking all kinds of exercises and Apple Fitness+, which is $9.99 per month.

Make sure to watch the video up above to see the devices popular tech YouTubers prefer, and then let us know in the comments what you use at home to keep fit.

Article Link: YouTubers Demo the Apple-Related Tech They Use to Get Fit

• Haha
Reactions: decypher44

definitive

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2008
If you need any kind of “tech” to be fit, you’re doing it wrong.
This video looks like an ad for some "smart" or "smart-like" products. Traditional gym equipment is still king if you're looking to stay fit and healthy. The bowflex and gazelle type devices are all just a bunch of gimmicks meant to capture a certain niche in the fitness market (new year resolution types, who give up a month or two after spending tons of money on fitness products and gym memberships) and charge premium prices.

Comment

AirunJae

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Was using Kettlebells and my iPad (to follow-along with the workouts), but we recently got a Peloton so I've been using that a ton.

Comment

Blowback

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2018
VA

Since the 2015 launch of the Apple Watch, Apple has had a growing focus on health and fitness, and has been aiming to make significant improvements in these areas with apps like the Health app and services like Apple Fitness+.

MacRumors videographer Dan this week put together a great fitness video that outlines his favorite fitness-related products that he's been using to stay in shape over the past year, plus he surveyed several other popular YouTubers to see what they like.

iJustine, Jon Rettinger, Kevin the Tech Ninja, and Andru Edwards are featured in the video telling us all about the products that they use to stay healthy.

Many of the YouTubers have high-end gear like the Peloton, Tempo Studio, and Tonal devices, all of which cost thousands and may be out of range for many people, but there are many other more affordable solutions like the Apple Watch for tracking all kinds of exercises and Apple Fitness+, which is $9.99 per month.

Make sure to watch the video up above to see the devices popular tech YouTubers prefer, and then let us know in the comments what you use at home to keep fit.

Article Link: YouTubers Demo the Apple-Related Tech They Use to Get Fit
I use Apple Fitness and like it but really: Eat well....sleep well...WALK whenever possible ....you were probably fit as a kid / teen and , age aside, bet you didn't have any 'tech/ or equipment' (though pretty sure the diet at those ages was nothing to brag about). MOVE every hour or so! Pay as much attention to what you eat and drink as you do to video games/ tv/ or commenting on this forum. You know what I mean.....

Comment

Biu_miu

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2016
Maybe you should watch the video first instead of cracking jokes about how someone looks.
As I guy, who frequented gyms, while they were still open, I can’t wrap my head around all these gimmicks people allegedly use. Like, come one, it is such a beginner trap. Do People believe, they will get better/faster results, for some reason, with some electronic gadgets, rather then spending 5x less money and buying the real thing they are trying to replicate? Never seen fit person using these gimmicks.

Comment

tonie walker

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2020
worldwide
thought it was about “tech diet”, yeah i was on tech diet Tim, still enjoying xs and first gen 12.9 ipad pro 😊, no upgrading last year.

Comment

Royksöpp

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2013
I’ve seen people on Instagram that use barbells and weights made out of wood and stones or whatever materials they have laying around. They seem to be doing just fine without technology. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Many of the YouTubers have high-end gear like the Peloton, Tempo Studio, and Tonal devices, all of which cost thousands and may be out of range for many people, but there are many other more affordable solutions like the Apple Watch for tracking all kinds of exercises and Apple Fitness+, which is $9.99 per month
So rich people demoing how they stay fit with expensive equipment with fancy features, but ooh Fitness+ = godsend for the peasants?

Comment

IllinoisCorn

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2021
Lol. The on demand stuff is just the aerobics videos of the 80's with modern technology.

Apple Watches and Fitbits don't stop you from pushing the donuts down your gullet.

I promise the tech industry is so happy they can wallow in the same obscene profits as the fitness industry.

I don't know the statistics, but I am sure that the majority of people who buy these things don't use them, like gym memberships.

Personally, I've used Apple Fitness + and the service is fine for what it is, but it is certainly not needed and not even ideal.

And to edit this in because it just occurred to me, Fitness + is slightly creepy. You have the instructors with the plastered on smiles and makeup, complete with robotic and mindless slogans like "because we are all in this together!"

It's like a trippy world where all the fitness models are stuffed to the gills on Prozac with bright, colorfully lit, antiseptic rooms.

I'm happily wedded to my treadmill.

Last edited:
Comment

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
I just use resistance bands. For me, everything else will just take up too much room in my home. I used to have a set of weights, but got rid of them

Push-ups, crunches, the bands, a bit of cardio. I don’t use Fitness+, and likely never will.

My dad got a treadmill from a neighbour’s garage sale. He paid $50 for it. He’s the only person, out of about a dozen or so I’ve known over the years, that actually uses their treadmill daily. The rest of them ended up using it as a laundry hanger a month or two after they got one.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.