YUCK!

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Link

This was scary sounding!
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - A Swedish woman who photographed a swan in the river outside the royal palace in Stockholm made a grim discovery when the film was developed: a hand sticking out of the ice.

Newspaper Aftonbladet said on its Web Site that Marita Larsson was walking around Stockholm's Old Town in early March and took a photo of a swan on the river as a spring thaw melted the ice.

"It was only when I came home and developed the film that I saw there was something particular about the picture. When I had it blown up I saw there was a hand sticking out of the ice," she told the newspaper.

A spokesman for Stockholm police said the hand might be that of a man who committed suicide in late January and whose body has not yet been found.

Police last week also fished various body parts of a woman, including the head and hands, out of the river, and are still trying to identify her.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
I suddenly became a unsure if I should look at the pics I took outside, yesterday. Who knows what might show up! :eek:
I think it's best if I just delete them right away.

...suicide, hand through the ice, fished up various body parts. What's up with that river?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I would also like to see here pictures. That river sounds like ones here in the Boston area. A place where many try to hide their cruel deeds. :(

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
Nice park they have there. Wasnt this the concept of a movie a while back? Someone takes a picture and unknowingly gets important info regarding a murder and has to run from the mob, or something...?

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Lord Blackadder said:
I would love to see that picture...that would be freeeeaky.
I tried to look it up on Aftonbladet's website (http://www.aftonbladet.se) to see if they show the picture, but there is no English version of the site (that I could see) and I don't speak Swedish. Any Swedish speaking person willing to go to the site and see if there is a link? I, too, would like to see that picture. Morbid curiousity...

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Mr. Durden said:
Nice park they have there. Wasnt this the concept of a movie a while back? Someone takes a picture and unknowingly gets important info regarding a murder and has to run from the mob, or something...?
Don't think this is what you are looking for but is kind of like "Enemy of the State" with Will Smith and Gene Hackman.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
weird, i would hate for something like this to ever happen to me, not so much disgusting as it is unnerving

SFVCyclone

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Pasadena, Ca
Mr. Durden said:
it does sound familiar

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
SFVCyclone said:
it does sound familiar
GETTING FRUSTRATED! I just cant think of the movie... Not Enemy of The State, although kinda similar... Was there a John Grisham book that happened like this? Must... remember... movie...

Brize

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
Europe
Mr. Durden said:
I don't think it's the film you're thinking of, but this scenario isn't dissimilar to Antonioni's Blowup.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
stubeeef, definitely YUCK!!!

I would not want to see this picture. Too gross...

Remind me of bridge at Cornell University where a lot of engineering students commit suicide by jumping off it. Anyone from Cornel?

YUCK...

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
The title "Här sticker handen upp"...I don't speak Swedish but seeing that picture with that title doesn't require further explanation, does it? :eek:

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Lord Blackadder said:
The title "Här sticker handen upp"...I don't speak Swedish but seeing that picture with that title doesn't require further explanation, does it? :eek:
I know. When I saw the title I wondered if maybe i did speak Swedish after all? :p

SFVCyclone

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Pasadena, Ca
if some one is kind enough, can you post a straight link to the pic? my safari is acting up on that page, taking for ever to load and not even loading the pictures.

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Pic did nothing for me either, strange because I'm extremely sensitive to graphic images, and stuff in general. <shrugs>