Zagg full body invisibleshield question for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by krypt17, Jun 23, 2010.

1. krypt17 macrumors member

For Those who got a chance to install the zagg shield on the iPhone 4, does the back shield screw with the rear camera/flash? Or do you get perfect clarity?

2. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

My wife ordered the Zagg for me. It does not block the camera but honestly, I don't like how it goes on. I think I'll be replacing it soon.

3. MasterofPuppets macrumors newbie

I would advice against the Zagg. It sucks. The cut outs are half assed and the install was an absolute mess and hardly worth the protection when you finally get it right.

4. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

I disagree with the cut outs (Back is superb), front could be better with a hole instead of a bit long line.

But the texture and quality of it puts me off it, I don't like it and i'll be returning it. Might be the fact that it's been on a couple of hours but the reviews I saw (after I purchased it) weren't very nice.

5. Khryz macrumors 6502a

How can the install on the iPhone 4 be difficult now? Both sides are flat. No more rounding corners.

As long as the camera holes are fine what's the difference?

6. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

It fits the holes and such just fine, that is not he issue. It is difficult to apply, much more so than the dry films I've used before. In the end, it is tacky with bubbles I doubt will go away. I only installed my ZAGG about 12 hours ago and will be ordering a new film cover today. It takes a marvelous piece of engineering and makes it look and feel cheap.

7. megsalias macrumors regular

I only have the front protector, but I'm loving it so far. The people at Best Buy put mine on, and I wouldn't even know it was on there if I hadn't watched them put it on.

8. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Well if you have bubbles it usually means you didn't push them out while you were applying. I've applied about 7 skins on wet installs with no problems from BestSkinsEver, which is supposebly the same as Zagg.

Orange peel effect though I agree. I'm just looking at Zagg for a temporary skin. Get Wrapsol soon and eventually a Power Support crystal screen film.

9. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Is anyone going to put the zagg home button on the iphone 4 ? i just put mine one but im debating if i should put the home button cover on... Thanks

10. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

I bought 3 of these things and I HATE them.

I installed mine perfectly and set it down with the light shining across it, and it looked horrible. Orange peel is obnoxious. I ripped it right off. Ill buy something else. The cutouts were barely perforated and the overall experience was turd. The other 2 are going straight to ebay.

11. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

Zagg skins come in different types. I just got the invisible shield personalized which is no spray! You just peel and press. The keyhole cutout fits around the camera hole. I love that it is personalized and i used the coupon. Yeah, the orange peel is the least desirable part and I don't know how long this will look good. I did love using cases as I feel I have more drop protection (bumper isn't here yet).

12. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

I second this. Hopefully mine will arrive today and I'm wondering what to do about the button.

13. Skoal macrumors 65816

Crap gear extraordinaire! I got the back on it it looks milky taking away from the beauty of the glass. I then put the front on and they didn't even include the protector! I smoothed away and when I went to use the puill tab there was nothing there! Getting my money back!

14. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Same here! I got an amazing BB worker, considering how swamped I'm sure they were today. He did a great job, I would never know it was on there. Feels and looks very smooth.

15. av. macrumors newbie

1st time zagg

I installed the full body zagg on my iPhone 4 last night. It was a tedious process putting all the side pieces on, especially since my fingers are much bigger than the tiny pieces that go between the volume buttons and mute switch. But now that I see the results I'm quite happy as the few strange lines I was concerned about have faded away overnight. As mentioned, the camera isn't blocked by the plastic.

The rubberized feel is noticeably different, and rather than just picking it up like normal, I can feel it sticking to the glass of my desk a little before it gives. I'm worried the new texture might attract dirt or dust after some time, but it seems to clean off easily enough for now. So if you don't mind the tedious installation and a new texture on your phone it's nice to know I've now got some scratch protection. G'luck!

16. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

Just curious, did the BB guys charge you for such service?

17. Aredouble macrumors newbie

Front scratches on Iphone4 w Invisbleshield dry

Ive always used the shield for my Iphones and it has held up to everything- no scratches. I just installed the new full body dry version for Iphone 4, looked great BUT after i wiped the screen with a fabric sunglass cloth it left tiny hair like scratches all over- VERY disappointing, find an alternative. Im sending this back.
    The back is a different texture than the front so grip is improved, but the screen now looks scratched and beat up due to the shield.

18. itoddm macrumors regular

itoddm

I have a Wrapsol ordered (Ultra) and am waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime, I can't stop shopping for accessories. I decided to go to Best Buy and look at the Zagg Invisible Shields. I found them (the wet application version) and the BB employee approached saying they could install it for regularly $12.99 but he could do it for $7.99. I don't know why the difference but I thought $8 would save me the headache of worrying with getting it straight and he said he had applied many of the shields and they always turned out good.

I will tell you that once it is on it gets better looking over a course of a few hours. It starts to dry and imperfections disappear. I kept reading about the orange peel effect and didnt know what that meant. I do now. It is a gentle ripple effect on the covered areas.

19. thewizzy macrumors member

is it really necessarily to get the full body if you will be getting a case/skin?

thinking about just getting a front screen protector..unless the iphone 4 comes with a screen protector already (i remember my 3G came with one)

20. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

the invisibleshield for the iPhone 4 was much easier to install than the 3gs and 2g iphone. it does it's job well, protects from scratches.

my only drawback would be that if you set your phone on a flat surface for long periods of time, it'll get stuck. but my solution for that would be getting a bumper, whenever they become available.

21. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

Have a professional install the Zagg. I got it done at my local mall. It fits great, no air bubbles, no interference, nothing. It took all of 10 minutes for him to put it on. It fits so thin that it offers EXTRA protection in addition to your case. When the new iPhone 5 comes out, you're going to want to have that flawless scratchless front and back so you can get every penny out of this iphone 4 ;)

22. akgolf macrumors newbie

I had a full body install and he applied the button. Didn't take long for him to do it and it looks great.

23. thewizzy macrumors member

who are these "professionals" exactly?

24. jonnykanzen macrumors member

Hi guys,

I have always been a big fan of zagg and in terms of protections it does a fab job.

However, I have been noticing that with my iPhone, whenever i took pictures with the flash I was getting a blue tint and horrible picture quality. I just accepteded it thinking that was how it was.

Yesterday I was at a concert and was trying to take pictures and the flash was ruining everything. I kept examining the back of my phone and the shield was perfect around the lens and flash. I decided anyway to peel it off....and I am glad I did. The pictures then became amazing and I cannot believe I put up with it for so long!

Basically, even though the shield wasnt touching the flash, the edge of the shield by the flash must have been reflecting the light back into the lense. I not sure if this is a common problem, or if i just applied it too close. Tbh there is much room for leeway.

Anyone else notice this?

25. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

I am using the IS front and back.

It was a wet install and was very easy - easy to work out bubbles and the tiny ones disappeared very quickly as it dried.

Yes there is orange peel but only when there is a reflection on the screen, yes it does feel more grippy but I think the naked phone is a little too slippery - both these things are down to personal preference if you can live with them.

I think it is a good product - it is an improvement on previous IS products so if you liked them you will like this and since the phone is flat the install is much easier.

I didnt put the sides on because I didnt like the concept - lots of little pieces - bad design - I think it is clear to me that the best side protection will come from those who intelligently use the black lines as markers and send the sticker in 3 pieces with cutouts for the buttons.

Will I use this longterm? - probably not - I will give wrapsol a go when it arrives but I am really waiting on the Powersupport. However I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and effective this Invisible Shield is.