Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juicy D. Links

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Which one should i get? It looks like on there site they are backlogged and the case friendly is fine with me...

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Glass gets my vote !

Been using it on my iPhone 5 - 5S, and now the 6+

Also have it on my Note 3 and love the feel!

Biggs91276

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas
Been wondering the same thing. What's the difference between the two? I'm on the fence as to which one I wanna get as well.

tkwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2012
Do you really need this?

I still use screen protectors for 1 reason: if my phone falls, and it survives, at least it won't get scratched. My previous 4s, when I took off the protector, it fell a couple of days later and there was a scratch on the screen. Point is, iPhone 6 may not be that easy to scratch, but if it falls, a high quality screen protector definitely can save the screen. You just never know when such circumstance will occur.

silver25u

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
I went with the HDX for my return to screen protectors. I last used one when I got my iPhone 4. I like the feel of the HDX and it seems like it does provide decent protection. The one thing that is driving me crazy is the "case friendly" sizing... it just is not big enough and distracting (to me).

GrimmsGirl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
I prefer the glass to the HDX. I've used both on my 5 and 5s, and now I have the glass on my 6 plus. I don't think there is any comparison in tactile feel. The glass feels like you're not using a protector, and while the HDX feels better than many other protectors out there it still doesn't feel like glass. That's just my opinion.

The only thing is the glass won't cover edge to edge on the 6 because of the curved glass, and it will likely need to be replaced more than once. The HDX still looked as good on day 365 as it did on day 1. I'm willing to replace more often though to have the glass and Zagg has one of the best warranties out there for replacements.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I totally agree with your comments, but I think feeling the edge and the lack of coverage would drive me crazy.

Do you find your fingers hitting the edge of the glass?

I prefer the glass to the HDX. I've used both on my 5 and 5s, and now I have the glass on my 6 plus. I don't think there is any comparison in tactile feel. The glass feels like you're not using a protector, and while the HDX feels better than many other protectors out there it still doesn't feel like glass. That's just my opinion.

The only thing is the glass won't cover edge to edge on the 6 because of the curved glass, and it will likely need to be replaced more than once. The HDX still looked as good on day 365 as it did on day 1. I'm willing to replace more often though to have the glass and Zagg has one of the best warranties out there for replacements.

GrimmsGirl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
I totally agree with your comments, but I think feeling the edge and the lack of coverage would drive me crazy.

Do you find your fingers hitting the edge of the glass?

Not at all, but it may be because I'm using an Apple leather case and the lip of the case is higher than the screen protector so my finger or thumb will hit the case before I feel the drop off at the edge of the glass. For the most part, I think I've modified my swipe habits in the 2 short days I've had the phone and I'm not even hitting the edge of the case when I swipe most times.

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
I've been considering the glass for my 6 plus. I know zagg at the retail stores at least as of launch weekend was offering to do custom cut backs for the iPhone 6 Plus as well.

I have no worries about bending, but getting the back to be a bit grippier would be a huge nice to have.

awtryau89

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I posted this in another thread as well:

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=20087679#post20087679

Ultimately, I kinda stumbled on the HDX. I wanted a matte back and was too impatient to wait on delivery from BSE. The HDX is like the glass and Invisishield had a baby. I have used the Zagg glass on my last 2 phones and always loved it. After trying the HDX, I do not feel the need for the glass. Plus I got a perfect install without any dust or specks even looking in bright sunlight. That fact alone is worth a bunch to me since that is very hard to do.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
No problem fitting with the case. The HDX and the glass version only cover the flat section of the screen leaving plenty of room.

kevin Smyth

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2017
Arleta,California

What's the difference between the the zag glass luxe. And the sapphire I was wondering which one to replace on my iPhone 7+
[doublepost=1493520713][/doublepost]Does anybody know what the difference is between the zagg glass luxe or the sapphire
I was wondering which one to to replace my old one on my iPhone 7+

Zerog46

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2015
New Jersey
From what I've seen the luxe doesn't have the adhesive on the entire screen just the edges. Makes for a bad seal. I think it was on YouTube. Mobile reviews dot eh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.