zagg invisibleshield questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hvgotcodes, Oct 18, 2011.

1. hvgotcodes macrumors member

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Does it protect against dropping the device?

Is it difficult to get on the device?

Thanx

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

For the screen, they s*ck IMHO. Poor feel and too much "orange peel" effect. Better to go with one of the static cling type like Steinheil or SGP or similar.

For sides/back, they'll give a little bit of protection against scuffs/scratches and may help keep the phone from slipping out of your hands. May also provide a degree of protection if it lands on something sharp, but not as much as would a case.

3. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

Apparently, they're horribly adhesive and can ruin your phone. On these facts and a few others, I went with Best Skins Ever - for $11.50, I got a full body skin with Int. shipping from America to UK.

4. Mr D macrumors 6502

BestSkinsEver and zagg are pretty much the same product.

I would not recommend this for the SCREEN of the phone unless you have some real OCD. It's fine for the rest, but it really kills the quality of a touch screen... it's not smooth at all.

It's great for protection tho.

5. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

Quite.

A review I just saw comparing the two, however, pointed out that Zagg had protection between the volume buttons, but not over the sim card holster or along the bottom.

Also, I've personally seen a phone with a Zagg screen protector on and it makes the phone feel... Wrong. It also produces a big wave effect.

Overall, I would personally purchase (and I did) a BSE full-body skin rather than a Zagg.

6. pocky macrumors regular

Personally, any 'wet' application film you lose tactical feel to it, and they all have degrees of orange peel. I just got a Ghost Armor as a temp solution. Makes it hard to type.

7. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

powersupportusa makes the best skins, hands down. i've had em all (bestskinever, invisishield, etc)

8. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

I'm using it for my front shield and like it very much. Been using it since my iPhone 3GS. I've never had problems with it.

9. MrJay23 macrumors member

Zagg is the only screen cover i use.
    It takes a while to learn how to put it on, but once you do its a breeze.
    After a while the screen becomes REALLY smooth.
    Only thing i don't like is that it seems to move around sometimes.
    But I would recommend zagg.

10. Eric889 macrumors newbie

ZAGG shields are a absolute nightmare. Why are they still in business? Probably because best buy and other retailers sell them for a huge markup. I remember when my gf bought the iphone 3g, I purchased a zagg shield came with a spray bottle to douche your phone to apply it, don't forgot to squeeze all the H2o into your microphone and home button with the supplied squeegee...

11. nutrifa macrumors newbie

had zag, replaced it with power support crystal, much much better zagg had a ton of airbubbles. Crystal 0 airbubbles it put it on in about 40 seconds very very very easy. Zagg after taking it off it stuck it to side of my desk for a second like a piece of tape when i took it off 2 minutes later ripped all the paint off my desk rofl. would not recommend

12. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

ZAGG = POS. Good thing I never waste money on them and I feel bad for all my friends that did - makes their devices looks cheap and ugly with the orange feel and bubbles. I'd rather have a scratch on my screen then have ZAGG. Try ACASE or Power Support.

13. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Zagg is Klingon for "Crap".

You'll soon be seeing Zagg employees posing as members spamming this forum with numerous "secret" coupon codes ... don't fall for it.

50% off a POS is still a pile of poo.

14. takeshi74, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

takeshi74 macrumors 601

No. It does not provide impact protection. It protects against scratches.

Depends on who you ask. I've never had problems installing them. Some do. Some do not. You can pay for installation if desired.

Incorrect. I've used the IS on countless devices and none of them have been ruined. Adhesive has always cleanly removed as well.

It's not the application process. It's the film itself. Also, "tactile" is the word you're looking for. "Tactical" is something else entirely.

Best is always subjective. You prefer what you prefer but that doesn't mean it's universally best. Plenty of people prefer options that you don't prefer including BSE and IS. Stop assuming that your preferences are universal. I like Power Support's screen protectors (though I prefer SGP) but, again, that doesn't mean that they're universally best.

15. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

There are far more horror stories about Zagg than any other full-body kit I've seen on the market. BSE has a few because it's wet-app, but it's becoming increasingly popular within the UK and I'll post here when I get around to applying mine.

16. Rusdude macrumors member

In all fairness to Zagg, if there are really a lot more horror stories about them, it's because of the volume. AFAIK, BSE uses same/similar stuff for wet-applications.

Personally, I'd been perfectly happy with Zagg on my DS Lite and my Centro, but haven't used them in awhile (switched to PowerSupport's antiglare).

17. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

You're better off with SGP or Power Support, IMO.

18. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I had the Zagg professionally put on my iPad and took it off within the first week. It felt almost gummy, sticky to the touch - awful for swiping and typing. Then it distorted the look of the screen and showed very faint fluorescent type red lines when viewing on a white or light colored screen. There really was nothing good I could say about it. Just totally a waste of money - awful.

19. fc1956 macrumors newbie

Personally, I've used the Zagg protector for a number of years, and been very pleased with it. I've used them on 2 iPhones, 2 LG Encores, and 1 iPod Touch. Yes, they are a bit unpleasant to install [I had to try 3 times with my son's Encore before I got it right], but that is the only downside that I've found. As for the feel, I found that once I got used to the "rubbery" quality, I found it hard to adjust to a plain screen protector. I'm a person who likes to fiddle with things, and find the rubbery feeling very enjoyable to toy with, as opposed to the smooth hardness of your typical screen protector. Also, the texture didn't create any issues with viewing the screen, it was always nice and clear, and I never experienced any trouble using the screen, it was always very responsive to finger movements.

I'm not saying the Zagg is the best protector out there, but I've been happy with it since I first discovered them. Since getting my iPhone 4s, I thought to perhaps try the Bodyguardz protectors, they seem comparable, and cost less, too. However, I'm using a LifeProof case at the moment, which has a built-in screen protector, so I don't need anything else at the moment.

YMMV :D,
    Frank

20. Bossyman macrumors member

Received my iPhone 4S on Friday morning of the 14th. Had Zagg put on front and back professionally by a zagg booth in the mall on the afternoon of the 14th. Orange peel effect, sticky to the touch, you lose swiping/scrolling sensitivity, it is put on with tons of spray - how good can that be for any phone?

Took it off on the 19th and I am thrilled. My phone feels Awesome again.

My son has anti-glare power support on his iPhone 4. Smoooooooth as a baby's bottom. Touch screen features work great.

Just MHO.

21. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I don't like Zagg. I prefer BSE more for "wet installation type" skins. Although it still has the orange peel effect, on BSE it is much less noticable.

22. Ali. macrumors member

I've used both the BSE and ZAGG skins for my iP4. They are both basically the same although I did notice that BSE did leave some residue on removal where as the ZAGG didn't. Pretty easy to remove with some iKlear though.

The BSE full body did have better and more intricate cutouts for the sides which left less area's of the phones surface exposed as opposed to the ZAGG full body kit.

I would not recommend to use either ZAGG or BSE for the front. Touch sensitivity is horrible and the orange peel effect reduces the quality of what your looking at.

I'm currently using Power Support Anti-Glare HD for the front, BSE for the sides and ZAGG for the backplate.

I still believe that the ZAGG and BSE skins offer the best protection from scratches and scuffs but really degrades experience of using the iPhone. Hence why I'm still using those skins for back and side protection but gone for Power Support for the front so I can still enjoy using my phone.

23. couzo macrumors newbie

I really dislike the invisible shield material. However the clear-coat version is incredible so might be worth a try

24. buddybd macrumors 6502

There's nothing wrong with the wet application. I did it last night on my 4S and my friends Droid and both are running fine.

Just keep the phone off during the installation and for an hour or so after. Installation freaked me out when I first did installed it on my friend's iPad cause I never did a wet application. Now I have it on my Air and my 4S :)

25. andyx3x macrumors 65816

The Zagg shields look and feel like crap and at some point, they always start coming off the phone.

Buy an SGP screen protector. You won't be sorry.