ZAGG shipping iPhone 3G invisibleSHIELD...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slate1, Jun 27, 2008.

1. slate1 macrumors regular

2. animenick65 macrumors 6502

My only concern with the invisible shield is the new curved back of the iPhone 3g. I actually apply film all day as my job and as I very well know, films don't like to conform to complex curves without wrinkling. This wasn't so much of a problem with the flat back of the original iPhone.

3. slate1 thread starter macrumors regular

It looks to me as though they've done a pretty good job of die-cutting the film to accomodate the curves and edges... we'll see.

There's no way I'm going to put it in a bulky case though, the only option as far as I'm concerned is a film product and I've had outstanding results from ZAGG.

[​IMG]

4. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

i really really really really hope mine arrives before june 11th.

wow, i'm excited.

the only problem though is that their shipping takes FOREVER. i ordered expedited shipping once and instead of 2-3 days it took 2-3 weeks.

5. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Does ZAGG ship to UK? If not, anyone know where the best place is to buy invisibleSHIELD.

6. badgerman macrumors 6502a

7. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

that's awesome. I ordered two of them about 3 weeks ago. I too hope they arrive before the 11th. I was fearing they would come in about 2 weeks after I bought the new phone.

8. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

yes

i paid for the insurance though as it could easily get lost/damaged

9. twynne macrumors 6502a

You can get 20% off using the code 'pcworld20' for as long as it lasts, which pays for the upgraded shipping. :)

10. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Eh... Here's the thing I've never liked about their iPhone shield...

On the front it doesn't go below the button, which is kind of an eyesore. Now on the first gen this was someone easier to deal with, although BestSkinsEver's shield connected below the button. But on the 3G since there's more space between the button and the bezel it's even worse...

11. Spongey817 macrumors regular

Hmm...I've never owned an InvisibleShield, but I have seen them on a friend's iPod.

I'm wondering...does putting an InvisibleShield on the iPhone affect the touchscreen in any way? Is it harder to do things like slide your finger across the screen? Type on the QWERTY?

Thanks...

12. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

This is excellent news as we now have every chance of our orders arriiving before our iPhones. :)

They originally said that they would not ship until mid-July and I was worried about having to really baby the iPhone for a week or two before the Invisible Shield arrived to avoid scratches.

Although I hesitated because of the delay, I placed an order anyway a couple of weeks ago. Glad I did.

13. brisweeney macrumors regular

brisweeney

Your order #EUxxxxx was received on Thu Jun 19 12:11:38 2008 and will be shipped within one week of the completion of the Apple iPhone 3G (Full Body) design. Be advised that we are unable to create the design until the launch of the device, as Apple does not provide us with a phone prior to the public distribution.

just got that email from zagg regarding my order. so are they shipping already or no? i just recieved an order from them for a nixon watch shield, it came within 5 days with free shipping! so im already sold on them!:D

14. cody.knownflame macrumors newbie

Well I ordered one about a week back and if mine doesnt get here before the iPhone comes out I've made the horrible decision to hold off on getting the iPhone until it arrives...:(

15. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

There could be some sense in that because once it's scratched, it's scratched.

If their website is correct though, you should get it in the next fortnight. :)

I'm just a bit baffled by the email received by brisweeney today sayng that they won't have an iPhone (and therefore can't design the skin) until after the 11th of July.

16. cody.knownflame macrumors newbie

yes, I want to keep it in mint condition for as long as posible. I just know that waiting is going to be agony.

17. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Worth it in the long run though.

18. cody.knownflame macrumors newbie

Definetly. And then it has great resale value.

19. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

It looks exactly as when you cover your sofa with plastic. ARGH!

20. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Absolutely, not to mention that you can be more relaxed when using it.

I recently sold my 1st generation iPhone (which had been protected by a similar skin) for more than I paid for it 7 months ago.

21. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I currently have the BSE skin on my phone and personally I can't tell there is a cover on it until you pick it up. I like the fact it has a better grip to the phone, less likely to slip out of your hands.

22. twynne macrumors 6502a

Can't comment on the front as I've only applied to the back of my Touch. I don't think the front needs it as it's glass. I just have the IS on the back and use a basic slip case (the black one from an iPod 5th gen). My Touch is like the day I brought it home.

23. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Same kinda, got the invisible shield put on the front as well. Does affect the slickness of the front, because its not as smooth and slick. The power support ones are quick sturdy plastic so that would help because that plastic is flat and smooth. I'd recommend a power support screen protector and some sort of graphical one like, www.skinizi.com for the back :D

24. syclonefx macrumors regular

syclonefx

Discount Code

I just bought my invisibleSHIELD and they emailed me a 2 new discount code.

59wprl
    wmpqm5

The discounts will expire in 30 days from today (6/27/08)

25. xbigman15x macrumors member