Anytime you want your $50 back, I'll take the gouged one!My Zaggsparq's arrived today. One of them has some gouges on the top of the unit. I'm kind of bummed out but have emailed them about it. Also, I'm not to pleased with the gloss black surface as it shows defects, fingerprints and scratches very easily. When will companies stop designing hand held products with glossy surfaces? Another thing that kind of bugs me about this product is the LED's are amber, I would think they would be green like the box picture shows them.
I guess none of this matters as long as this device works as advertised, plus they only cost me $50 each, so I shouldn't complain to much.
As soon as mine is fully charged I will test it out and report back.
No charging indication, no indication when it's fully charged, and the lights being off telling you how much is left... This is major failure. I'm actually glad I didn't pick this up now knowing this. Thanks for the update!So I have been using the sparq for a few days, and for something that is suppose to have won an innovation award, I found some issues:
1. When plugged in there is no way to know its actually charging.
2. There is no indication when the charge is complete.
3. The Zagg instructions say charge for 9 hours every time, which seems more like a stop gap. Some times you dont need 9 hours... expecially with Lithium Ion batteries.
4. The case is shiny and slick, and not something for the pocket or built for durability (scratches).
5. Seems to drop off of 4 lights (full charge) pretty quick. In fact, I played online poker with my phone attached (on wifi) for 1 hour and it was down to 2 lights...so there really is not good way to know what you have left. 2 Lights means 50% to me. My phone was not at zero...it was at about 50% when I plugged it in.
6. The case looks like it would shatter if dropped.
I do like the USB approach because most every device today comes with a USB cable.
Anyway, at $49 its probably a keeper. At $69 not sure...not worth 99 or 129 when there are other choices.