Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
So when u defeat Gannon, the game doesn't show that when u continue playing or did I do something wrong?

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
3 save files on the Switch version! If you need more you could always use another profile.
ooo awesome

I just remembered I have a 2nd profile for eshop Japan, If I get the urge I'll be ready to go!
Luckily I didn't need to as played most of in the WiiU anyway, so second play through was all on the switch.
If you use your japanese eShop account though for the second save file, will you still have access to the game though without having to purchase it again through that eShop?
(if it's on cartridge, you might be able to get around that though, but if it was an eShop download, I'm just wondering how this works in terms of which accounts can access what)

Say, will anyone on here be testing out the new Mario Tennis Aces demo?

I downloaded the demo the other day, and it's still not entirely clear when the dang online tournaments will actually start!
There's some scarce info on the net about maybe being able to play some of it on June 2nd, but I don't think they did a good job of how they went about this one. The Splatoon and Arms demos they announced the dates and times alot better, For Mario Tennis Aces though, it has not been announced in a way that is easy to find in any clear way.

jeremyisweary

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2010
Dallas, TX
Say, will anyone on here be testing out the new Mario Tennis Aces demo?

I downloaded the demo the other day, and it's still not entirely clear when the dang online tournaments will actually start!
There's some scarce info on the net about maybe being able to play some of it on June 2nd, but I don't think they did a good job of how they went about this one. The Splatoon and Arms demos they announced the dates and times alot better, For Mario Tennis Aces though, it has not been announced in a way that is easy to find in any clear way.

I'll be participating. I'm quite excited about this game.

Via the official site (mariotennis.nintendo.com/aces/):
To join, you can download the free Pre-launch Online Tournament demo from Nintendo eShop, then launch the demo anytime between Friday, June 1 at 6:00 pm PDT and Sunday, June 3 at 11:59 pm PDT.

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
I'll be participating. I'm quite excited about this game.

Via the official site (mariotennis.nintendo.com/aces/):
To join, you can download the free Pre-launch Online Tournament demo from Nintendo eShop, then launch the demo anytime between Friday, June 1 at 6:00 pm PDT and Sunday, June 3 at 11:59 pm PDT.

Thanks dude! Ok, so from this it looks like it's not gonna be the old method of the tournaments only happening between a span of a couple of hours on specific days (the way they did for splatoon and arms), and instead they seem to have made it be constantly available between those dates and times.
At least that widens the scope a bit for when to catch it.

I do still wish they'd do the demos in a way where they'd let you play some of the offline modes though. (I definitely prefer that to having to catch it at specific times).

Anyways, just 3 days to go, so not long now to wait I guess.,
Thanks for the info buddy. and I'll see y'all on the other side!

Anyone else gonna be trying this one out?

Reactions: jeremyisweary

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
Thanks dude! Ok, so from this it looks like it's not gonna be the old method of the tournaments only happening between a span of a couple of hours on specific days (the way they did for splatoon and arms), and instead they seem to have made it be constantly available between those dates and times.
At least that widens the scope a bit for when to catch it.

I do still wish they'd do the demos in a way where they'd let you play some of the offline modes though. (I definitely prefer that to having to catch it at specific times).

Anyways, just 3 days to go, so not long now to wait I guess.,
Thanks for the info buddy. and I'll see y'all on the other side!

Anyone else gonna be trying this one out?
I'm looking forward to trying out the demo, although it comes at a busy time where I will be hosting a "Ranking the Top 10 NES Games" panel at a local Comicon!

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
I'm looking forward to trying out the demo, although it comes at a busy time where I will be hosting a "Ranking the Top 10 NES Games" panel at a local Comicon!
Interesting! I didn't know you got involved in these things! (Sounds alot of fun though!)
Which 10 NES games get your vote as the best 10?

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
Interesting! I didn't know you got involved in these things! (Sounds alot of fun though!)
Which 10 NES games get your vote as the best 10?
Thankfully, after being a Nintendo YouTuber for 3 years, I'm starting to get involved in these things. =)

1. Super Mario Bros.
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Balloon Fight
4. Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels
5. Dr. Mario
6. Kirby's Adventure
7. Super Spike V'Ball
8. Batman
9. Lode Runner
10. Metal Storm

But, that's not what we came up with at the panel. We involved the audience, and it was crazy. So the list that was decided by committee:
1. Kirby
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Legend of Zelda
4. Battletoads
5. Mega Man 3
6. Contra
7. Super Mario Bros.
8. Dr. Mario
9. Metroid
10. Final Fantasy

Lastly, getting back to Mario Tennis impressions: I didn't find the competitive online mode very fun. I think I'd rather buy 4 indie games. Maybe I'll still rent Aces and play through the story mode though.

What did you guys think? (Or are we in the wrong thread? Maybe continue the discussion in the Nintendo Switch topic?)

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
Thankfully, after being a Nintendo YouTuber for 3 years, I'm starting to get involved in these things. =)

1. Super Mario Bros.
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Balloon Fight
4. Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels
5. Dr. Mario
6. Kirby's Adventure
7. Super Spike V'Ball
8. Batman
9. Lode Runner
10. Metal Storm

But, that's not what we came up with at the panel. We involved the audience, and it was crazy. So the list that was decided by committee:
1. Kirby
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Legend of Zelda
4. Battletoads
5. Mega Man 3
6. Contra
7. Super Mario Bros.
8. Dr. Mario
9. Metroid
10. Final Fantasy

Lastly, getting back to Mario Tennis impressions: I didn't find the competitive online mode very fun. I think I'd rather buy 4 indie games. Maybe I'll still rent Aces and play through the story mode though.

What did you guys think? (Or are we in the wrong thread? Maybe continue the discussion in the Nintendo Switch topic?)
Cool man! What is the name of your YouTube channel?

Surprising that Kirby won the fan vote! (I do love the Kirby games though, so can't blame them!) I would have thought the Marios and the the first Zelda would have come up higher though. Thinking about it though, I can understand why Zelda didn't get such a high hit though. You have to be a pretty seasoned Zelda fan to fully appreciate the ones for the NES. The later ones were better)

As for Mario Aces. I totally know what you mean by that. I totally thought I was going to enjoy it more than I did, but I was pretty underwhelmed by what I played on the demo. Don't get me wrong, it was still okay, I just kind of expected more. (would have proffered the demo would let you play in offline mode, etc.) I was more interested really in playing the story mode, rather than just random back and forth tennis. To me that's what was its appeal). However, I guess when the full version comes out, that will be the real test to see if the story mode is as good as the first trailer made it seem). The demo alone didn't really leave me all that excited.

As for whether it's okay to talk about it in this thread, it's totally okay (as this is a more general Switch thread rather than being for a specific game). So whenever we've got new stuff to say about Switch, this is like the main thread that most of us use to chat about it on. (There are a few other threads on here for switch stuff, but they're more for used for more specific topics, for example, there's a breath of the wild thread for things just related to that game, etc.) But for most things, i just come here. It's where alot of us Switch fans in the MacRumors community hang out.

Reactions: scottcampbell

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
Cool man! What is the name of your YouTube channel?

Surprising that Kirby won the fan vote! (I do love the Kirby games though, so can't blame them!) I would have thought the Marios and the the first Zelda would have come up higher though. Thinking about it though, I can understand why Zelda didn't get such a high hit though. You have to be a pretty seasoned Zelda fan to fully appreciate the ones for the NES. The later ones were better)

As for Mario Aces. I totally know what you mean by that. I totally thought I was going to enjoy it more than I did, but I was pretty underwhelmed by what I played on the demo. Don't get me wrong, it was still okay, I just kind of expected more. (would have proffered the demo would let you play in offline mode, etc.) I was more interested really in playing the story mode, rather than just random back and forth tennis. To me that's what was its appeal). However, I guess when the full version comes out, that will be the real test to see if the story mode is as good as the first trailer made it seem). The demo alone didn't really leave me all that excited.

As for whether it's okay to talk about it in this thread, it's totally okay (as this is a more general Switch thread rather than being for a specific game). So whenever we've got new stuff to say about Switch, this is like the main thread that most of us use to chat about it on. (There are a few other threads on here for switch stuff, but they're more for used for more specific topics, for example, there's a breath of the wild thread for things just related to that game, etc.) But for most things, i just come here. It's where alot of us Switch fans in the MacRumors community hang out.
Thanks for the thoughtful response =) Sorry I thought this WAS the Breath of the Wild thread.

My YouTube channel is Two Button Crew!

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
Thanks for the thoughtful response =) Sorry I thought this WAS the Breath of the Wild thread.

My YouTube channel is Two Button Crew!
Actually, mate, you're 100% right (and I'm wrong!) -The thread we're no now IS the Breath of the Wild Thread! (apologies for that!).

(...I post alot on both of them, so I forgot which one I was on!) lol.

Anyways, the main switch thread if you need it is this one...
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/the-nintendo-switch-console-thread.1857702/page-72

hope this helps. (and sorry for the confusion)

Reactions: scottcampbell
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.