Zen's project is finally up!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Starfighter, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starfighter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

http://powerpcliberation.blogspot.ca/

This got me thinking, what other blogs about PPC do people visit? I'm always in the hunt for new ones (looking through the link section of every blog and so on) and the ones I frequent now is PPC Luddite, My Mac Collection and Mac PowerPC.

2. ihuman:D macrumors 6502a

3. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

4. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

It did, didn't it?

5. VanneDC macrumors 6502a

VanneDC

Must be a kid, as if he/she isn't, he/she needs to learn some manners. I can see why he/she got banned. Extremely rude, aggressive and unpleasant individual.

6. adcx64, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012

adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

I truly hate this man. He persuaded me to send him my PowerBook G3 for testing purposes when we both owned a website together. I never received the machine back. He is a thief and only puts people down. He only insults innocent people trying to learn. I'm taking action against him, I'm not having my name trashed on the Internet.

I've emailed him. Will update with new info.

7. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Don't miss that dude at all. He was a broken record of "blah blah 7448 is the greatest chip of all time blah blah blah" and re-wording the same "facts" based on the 2 G4 systems he owned. He also thought that since he was an ACMT he knew everything there is to know about PowerPC hardware. Hey, I'm an ACMT too, and when I was working for a service provider maybe 1 in 50 Macs was a PPC since about 2010. There is no substitute for owning and using many different systems personally.

To put it simply, he was a condescending, big-headed, unexperienced, insulting, know-it-all. His "contributions" to this board won't be missed by me anyways.

8. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

He just emailed back saying "go play with poo you ape" this man must feel big insulting a kid in high school still learning.

9. Starfighter thread starter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

I think I might be a bit to unexperienced with him personally to have a opinion about his behavior, but I don't see how talking about him when he can't answer is going anywhere. It would be a rather one sided thread. :) But that's easy for me to say, I'm not on his list of people he thinks are apes. I bet I would end up there if I just got here a little earlier since I'm relatively new with macs and add to that; he never answered me at all. Always plain ignoring which was unfortunate but his descision.

So, about his blog, it seems to be information he already shared with us here on MR so far, right? I recognize most of the subjects.

10. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

My take on this is congratulations to him and he finally get it up and running.

I am always objective in my life and I fully understand and I know my self, my limitations and such.

We might never knew it but most people benefited from the knowledge that he had shared.

11. VanneDC macrumors 6502a

VanneDC

Agreed, I never said he/she wasn't technically correct, I just stated he/she is rude and am of the opinion he/she should learn some manners.

Anyways, slander on the Internet is not nice.

12. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

Yes, it is, but our handles are fictitious, though we are real persons behind our handles.

13. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Not sure how to respond to his blog. I just wish he was able to stay around just another month or so to help against with the current problem user.

14. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

15. tayloralmond macrumors 6502

I checked it out. After reading his "How To Get Help" post in regards to MacRumors, I'm done. I have no problem with him giving recommendations on which users are most helpful, but specifically pointing people out you don't like is unacceptable and unprofessional. It's a shame. I'd have gladly added this site to my favorites list on my browser if not for this childishness.

16. thorns macrumors member

It's tasteless that he's "recommending" users on his blog. I have added him to my ignore list a long time ago and never felt like I was missing out on something. Most of the discussions deteriorated in ad hominem attacks very rapidly.
    I feel that it's important to share the knowledge about PPC Macs without having the need to talk down to others as if this knowledge was some kind of proprietary and exclusive only to some, with anyone else being oblivious and idiotic because of it.

17. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

Grats to zen for PowerPC focused blog.
    He will certainly post many useful info there.

I won't comment on his manners because everyone has their own conscience and is responsible for their own words.

But I'll be missing his comments, esp. those about people asking the same questions over and over, people who prefer spoon feeding over their own research (which tooks minutes if not seconds usually) etc. It was good to have here someone who cares.
    Recently PowerPC subforum starts to look like a mess, thanks to few people that are typing faster than thinking, but this is another story...

Back to the OP: I am not a big fan of blogs, but I read PPC Luddite from time to time. And I find OP's blog very nice designed (that Classic era feeling :cool:).

18. Starfighter thread starter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

I don't visit many blogs either but such a interesting subject as PowerPC is luring me everywhere! "An old app that does very little and barely no one will need it - has PPC support? I'm intrigued, tell me more!"

Thank you! :)

19. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

IMHO manners are greatly overrated. Manners can at times hinder communication therefore the free exchange of ideas. Defend your point to the end but if your wrong, your wrong and don't be offended when told.

20. Ariii macrumors 6502a

Ariii

I'm surprised zen.state got banned... he was pretty helpful and I've definitely benefitted from his advice (Though I might be one of those 'bad' users). I've been on this forum for less than a year, and it's already becoming a series of basically posts that are duplicates of other ones... I wonder why so many of these threads haven't been merged together, or just moved to the 'Mac Basics And Help' section. And this is probably the most popular forum for PowerPC Macs, I've seen PPCMLA, but nearly nobody uses it, it would be nice if more people joined it.

21. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

Most of the questions here could be answered in by the sticky, but like signs people don't read sticky's.

22. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

Damn zen.state was a very smart user, sure he insulted me at every chance he got. And ripped off a lot of people, but that is no excuse to slander someone who has helped far more than he insulted.

I haven't been this depressed since I was banned from the apple store in the Roseville galleria mall for looking inside of a mac pro on display.

23. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

I hope you are joking about the Roseville banning.

24. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

boy do I wish, you just pop off the side of a mac pro to look at the internals

and suddenly people think your a bad person

25. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

He isnt, I popped open the side of a Mac Pro at the Shady side store, and a guy ran over and said " don't touch anything, you might break it! "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.