Zune All Over MySpace

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Football1maniac, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

It's amazing how Microsoft has more money to pay for all of these ads on MySpace then creating a decent Music Player.:rolleyes: I can't wait until that's all gone, because its annoying going onto MySpace on my iPod touch and having to work my way through Zune Ads.:apple:

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I don't know - I've heard from a number of people and sites that the new Zune is actually pretty decent. I mean, I would never buy one (no Mac support?! Whatever ...) but they're not as bad as they once were. Still no Touch, but then again it's not made by Apple. :D

3. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

Dude, its unbelievable how they do it! Your so right, if they spent that money on a good product they wouldn't need crappy advertising.:apple:

4. Football1maniac thread starter macrumors regular

Football1maniac

Or you could be like Apple:D and have amazing products, and catchy ads. Look at the "Music Is My Hot, Hot Sex" Ad, talk about having an artist go from barely anything to everything.:apple:

5. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Microsoft owns Myspace...of course there is going to be Zune ads. I've only heard good things about it, so don't be bashing.

6. asmallchild macrumors regular

I've only heard good things about it as well.

But I've never even considered purchasing an MP3 player that doesn't have Apple written on it.

Such a device would need to:

1) be outrageously priced (on the low side, of course)

2) offer an outstanding array of features (some that don't appear on the iPod too)

So far, nothing has even come close.

7. Football1maniac thread starter macrumors regular

Football1maniac

Microsoft own MySpace? I never knew that. I'm not necessarily bashing the Zune, I just see Microsoft wasting time on these complex Zune ads and should be doing something of more use, such as the infamous Zune Phone, or better yet, Windows Vista Service Pack 1!:D:apple:

8. nordesmic macrumors member

Myspace is owned by News Corporation not Microsoft.

9. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Perhaps you should add "3) has Mac support" ? :D

Anyway, when I saw the title of this thread all I could think was "Zune Squirts All Over MySpace" which is just...... yeeeah. ;)

10. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Get Firefox. With Firefox, I use an addon called "AdBlock Plus." It stops all advertisements from being loaded (including Google text ads)-- you don't even know they were there.

11. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I believe that Microsoft did purchase a minority stake in Myspace.

12. mrg6290 macrumors newbie

Yep, Zune ads are lame. But I don't particularly enjoy the Apple ads either. Especially when Apple steals other artists' works :(. And although I greatly prefer my Touch, or would even take a Classic over the Zune, it is a vast improvement from v.1 and has some compelling features. Wifi-sync, 3in glass screen, etc. But again would not purchase because I cannot stand the Zune Software. 'Tis terrible.

13. nordesmic macrumors member

I wasn't aware of this and from a quick google search I think you may be referring to microsoft's investment in Facebook.

14. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Ahh yes, that's the one. I knew they had invested in one or the other. :eek:

I don't bother with either, so it's all the same to me. :p

15. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

the zune may not yet be the the truly devestating spear in the side for apple but microsoft have created a great pmp. it has an overall cleaner output stage than any apple ipod and has less noise because of it. if you use nice earphones then you will be rewarded with one of the least hissy outputs in the portable audio world.

it is also purported to employ dual stage out so that bass performance can remain detailed and yet full bodied. naturally as it does not support mac, that makes some trouble but it is a nice player.

i am glad to finally have something that may someday be considered a threat - i hope that it will help shape apple into thinking of developing more shuffle-esque audio quality centrific players.

16. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I am considering a 4G flash Zune2 since I now own a vista desktop, I need a digital Fm radio FAST, and Zune 2 is a very good choice since all decent FM radio costs $40+, I might just put out little bit more to get a Zune.

Circuitcity had it for $134 yesterday, but I MISSED it!, sigh, I will wait a little bit more see if i can get it for ~$120.

17. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

If by not supporting Apple you mean it doesn't support AAC... well, it does. :p

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I disagree with the OP. The Zune is actually quite nice and if it were mac compatible I probably would have one.

19. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

Whatever you feel about the Zune, the point is that even if their sales are crap, they're going to buy all the adspace they can in hopes to knock the iPod out of the market (as impossible as it seems). "We all use Windows, and you're saying there's an iPod-killer made by the company that makes my OS? That must be better because of that integration thing that Apple fanboys are always raving about."

Anywho, if I were to ever visit a MySpace page, the Zune ads would be the last thing that would bug me. The first thing would be the autostarting video and music players, and the next would be the theme/background image, and next to last all the text and pictures :p

20. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

sorry, i meant osx. i know that Advanced Audio Codec is supported, another reason that for a smaller player, I am thinking of sony or zune - it is nice to finally see other companies get on the mp4 based audio car. it has been too long with just mp3 and the worst of them all: wma.

21. yyaayy macrumors newbie

I've only heard good things about it, so don't be bashing.

22. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

at least the new zunes stayed away from that hideous brown color. What moron at microsoft thought that was a good idea?

23. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

They only own 2% or so, but what they own is the rights to display any ads.
    Edit: oops that's the deal with facebook.

24. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

But the Zune now have baby poop green instead of poop brown. Someone mentioned on MR that with each iteration of Zune, the colors will be color of a slightly less digested vegetable.

25. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Haven't you noticed? Brown is the new black in the PC world.

The Zune is actually pretty decent, when pitted against the 2nd gen iPod ;)