Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2002
New Zealand
Where did you get that ? RIM and Google are both ahead of Apple in smartphone market share world wide. I'd say that's some pretty darn good competition right there.
That sounds about right, but I'd rather have Apple's profits.

Anyway, that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about TFA -- Microsoft offering media player syncing on OS X. The other phone manufacturers are not offering much competition.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Anyway, that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about TFA -- Microsoft offering media player syncing on OS X. The other phone manufacturers are not offering much competition.

Uh ? Both Google and RIM sync up just fine with Macs. Seriously, again, what are you talking about ?

Please read up on both companies before continuing to say obvious lies/spreading misinformation.

I won't even talk about profits, what a ridiculous argument. Unless you're a shareholder, who cares about a company's profits ?

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
intelligent people? quite the opposite, the Mac users i have to support at work are dumb as a rock, good thing their machines only are setup to do 1 or 2 things or i would have to visit them hourly.

i personally find Mac users the most computer ignorant people on the face of the planet, they have no clue about modern technology or how anything computer related works at all.

Not my fault that your co-workers are stupid. Funny that you should say Mac users are dumb, if I had a nickel for every time a PC user switched to a Mac and couldn't even figure out how to use it, I'd be on the cover of Forbes magazine with Jobs himself. :D. I can tell you first hand most of the PC switchers right on this forum complain daily that they can't figure out how to do the simplest tasks on a Mac. In my experience it's usually the PC switchers who are the dumb ones.

Mike225

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
SF BAY
Not my fault that your co-workers are stupid. Funny that you should say Mac users are dumb, if I had a nickel for every time a PC user switched to a Mac and couldn't even figure out how to use it, I'd be on the cover of Forbes magazine with Jobs himself. :D. I can tell you first hand most of the PC switchers right on this forum complain daily that they can't figure out how to do the simplest tasks on a Mac. In my experience it's usually the PC switchers who are the dumb ones.

None of our statements make any sense. I would've not even just let it go if I were you. Ill try to sum up your post:

Mac users who have been using Macs since the 80's are the smart ones and switchers from "PC's" are the dumb ones.

And we have had 120billion mac converts and non of them know how to use a Mac at all.

Macs are non-intuitive apparently contrary to what you guys all love to brag about.

And finally the people who choose Macs over PCs are dumb.

ibjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2002
New Zealand
Uh ? Both Google and RIM sync up just fine with Macs. Seriously, again, what are you talking about ?
Well, I was under the impression that they did not. My mistake.

Please read up on both companies before continuing to say obvious lies/spreading misinformation.
I've read, in more than one place that Androids and Blackberrys are quite tricky to sync. I don't own either so I can't confirm it but I'm happy to admit that I'm wrong. In fact that's great to hear. Thanks.

I won't even talk about profits, what a ridiculous argument. Unless you're a shareholder, who cares about a company's profits ?
Okay. I'm sorry, I don't know why this is relevant. I've already said I was on topic and not talking about market competition. Nonetheless, why is market share a better metric of success than profit? I'll say it again. I'd rather have Apple's profits than Google or RIM's market share -- or Nokia's for that matter.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
None of our statements make any sense. I would've not even just let it go if I were you. Ill try to sum up your post:

Mac users who have been using Macs since the 80's are the smart ones and switchers from "PC's" are the dumb ones.

And we have had 120billion mac converts and non of them know how to use a Mac at all.

Macs are non-intuitive apparently contrary to what you guys all love to brag about.

And finally the people who choose Macs over PCs are dumb.

Talk about not making sense. Read your second line, you've got double negatives and other parts of your post are either misspelled or have grammatical errors. Before you critique my post you should check your own first, I would've let it go if I were you, thank goodness I'm not. :rolleyes: You're calling other posters around you dumb, well everybody keeps company that reflects themselves.

batchtaster

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
It's like buying a Ferrari or some car you've always loved, then putting some thrift station gas in it.

How is it anything like that? 5h!tty fuel will screw your expensive new car. 256kbps will not bork your computer or stereo system. Nor will it kill your ears, contrary to the pseudo-audiophile snobbery pretensions that are often emoted on the subject ("oh, my ears, my ears are bleeding, damn you 256kbps, I just got my hearing back!"). You can't honestly tell me you can tell the difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.