Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

When will the "2012" iMac be released?

• Total voters

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
When do you think the "2012" iMac will be released? These are all Dates I've seen in MacRumours iMac threads.

1. Tuesday 9
2. Friday 12
3. Tuesday 16
4. Tuesday 23
5. Tuesday 30
6. Early November
7. Decemeber
8. Feb 2013
9. Spring 2013
10. Never! 2011 EOL.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It'll happen when it happens. Speculation on a new iMac release has been literally beaten to death in a ridiculous number of threads, including polls for projected release dates. I doubt anything more can be said that hasn't been already said hundreds of times. Here's a small sample:
2012 iMac - next big date ?!?
Without any real rumors and 11th hour how likely updates will be dissappointing
Another sign iMacs are coming?
What to expect from iMac 2012 - Discussion
2012 iMac! Excited!
is there imac 2012? cuz i just bought one and it is mid 2011 model
We Want 2012 iMac FB page
Still waiting for iMac 2012 or Hackintosh?
New iMAC update with some more information and speculations (pls read)
How many people in the world sits on info about the next iMac realese?
New shipping dates poll for 2012 iMac
iMac sept 12 release?
Any new official line from Apple on iMac/Mac Pro ?
sick of waiting!!!
[Resolved] Will the iMac's be released tommorow?
October 2nd, iMac Release
500 Days with the same iMac - Lets celebrate!
No update is really sad
iMac 2013
Can't wait for the new iMac? There is HP for that!
There will NOT be a 2012 iMac release
New 2012 iMac specifications leaked
New iMacs to reportedly be unveiled during next week's iPhone 5 event
Why new iMacs are going to be released soon.
Waiting for iMac 2012 makes this look more tempting...
WTF WHERE ARE THE iMACS
Why the anticipation?
Hold on tight because the next iMac upgrade will be godly
When do you think the new iMac will be released? - Please Vote!
What 2012 iMac specs do we expect ?
U.S. Retailers See 27-Inch iMac Shortage Ahead Of September Apple Event
No iMac in 2012, what would that mean for Apple?
How we'll know an iMac release is imminent
I think we should all meet here back in September
iMac to be released in September-ish together with...
no imac july 24th
Thoughts about the October release date some people are speculating..
Confirmed September Release Date (rumored)
Will Apple disappoint again?
Imac in september
Possible iMac refresh tomorrow: who believe in that?
imac coming on 24th with earnings announcement
What will you do if there's no iMac refresh before the end of July?
Apple: fall release for iMac
New iMac imminent! Semi-proof!
ML and new iMac released on 10th July ?
Conclusion on the iMac release?
No iMac - Here's my new PC specs
Hold on, an iMac is comming!
Will you wait longer than july release of Mountain Lion to purchase new iMac?
I think Apple is saying the new iMac is coming with ML
iMac almost certainly coming very soon

TRAV9614

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2012
I think that if there is no release this month then there won't be a new imac until haswell comes out in 2013.

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
It'll happen when it happens. Speculation on a new iMac release has been literally beaten to death in a ridiculous number of threads, including polls for projected release dates. I doubt anything more can be said that hasn't been already said hundreds of times. Here's a small sample:

Oh no, speculation on new or unreleased macs on a site literally called macRUMORS? How dare he.

"It'll happen when it happens". You got that everybody? That is the official word. Everyone stop posting this second.

Give it up, man.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012

To be fair you are making it out to be like Guess once only whether you fail or not. This is a guessing site in a sense, imo keep guessing until it comes. That is the fun of it otherwise people wouldn't do it right?

No need to flaunt the obvious with the links. Those links are in dust now no one clicks so why talk to a wall when you can keep it fresh with new dates?

----------

I think that if there is no release this month then there won't be a new imac until haswell comes out in 2013.

seems to be like that yep. Apple did say 2012 was going to be a big year though.

Brian Mage

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2012
End of October. Although this is based equally on hope as it is logic

Originally Posted by GGJstudios

I'm a little surprised you've not also attached your battery FAQ text.

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
2012 iMac - next big date ?!?
Without any real rumors and 11th hour how likely updates will be dissappointing
Another sign iMacs are coming?
What to expect from iMac 2012 - Discussion
2012 iMac! Excited!
is there imac 2012? cuz i just bought one and it is mid 2011 model
We Want 2012 iMac FB page
Still waiting for iMac 2012 or Hackintosh?
New iMAC update with some more information and speculations (pls read)
How many people in the world sits on info about the next iMac realese?
New shipping dates poll for 2012 iMac
iMac sept 12 release?
Any new official line from Apple on iMac/Mac Pro ?
sick of waiting!!!
[Resolved] Will the iMac's be released tommorow?
October 2nd, iMac Release
500 Days with the same iMac - Lets celebrate!
No update is really sad
iMac 2013
Can't wait for the new iMac? There is HP for that!
There will NOT be a 2012 iMac release
New 2012 iMac specifications leaked
New iMacs to reportedly be unveiled during next week's iPhone 5 event
Why new iMacs are going to be released soon.
Waiting for iMac 2012 makes this look more tempting...
WTF WHERE ARE THE iMACS
Why the anticipation?
Hold on tight because the next iMac upgrade will be godly
When do you think the new iMac will be released? - Please Vote!
What 2012 iMac specs do we expect ?
U.S. Retailers See 27-Inch iMac Shortage Ahead Of September Apple Event
No iMac in 2012, what would that mean for Apple?
How we'll know an iMac release is imminent
I think we should all meet here back in September
iMac to be released in September-ish together with...
no imac july 24th
Thoughts about the October release date some people are speculating..
Confirmed September Release Date (rumored)
Will Apple disappoint again?
Imac in september
Possible iMac refresh tomorrow: who believe in that?
imac coming on 24th with earnings announcement
What will you do if there's no iMac refresh before the end of July?
Apple: fall release for iMac
New iMac imminent! Semi-proof!
ML and new iMac released on 10th July ?
Conclusion on the iMac release?
No iMac - Here's my new PC specs
Hold on, an iMac is comming!
Will you wait longer than july release of Mountain Lion to purchase new iMac?
I think Apple is saying the new iMac is coming with ML
iMac almost certainly coming very soon

Surely it takes you more effort to make these posts than to ignore them.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007

I've noticed that you make the effort to make these annoying posts telling people to look at old threads when dates have been updated. This site is called Macrumors, which is all about speculation. Just stop, it's irritating.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I've noticed that you make the effort to make these annoying posts telling people to look at old threads when dates have been updated.
All of those threads have posts in the past year, and half of them have posts in the past month, and several have posts as recent as yesterday, so they're not "old threads". The fact remains that there are many existing threads where this topic is being currently discussed ad nauseam.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
All of those threads have posts in the past year, and half of them have posts in the past month, and several have posts as recent as yesterday, so they're not "old threads". The fact remains that there are many existing threads where this topic is being currently discussed ad nauseam.

It seems you're spending a lot of time finding other similar threads instead of just participating in the current one. Apparently you still don't get that you're just being annoying by giving people links to other similar threads. Again, if you don't believe me, just look at the number of "up votes" that my previous post in this thread got (in addition to many other posts in this thread about your ridiculous behavior) in regards to how annoying you're being. Just stop. Participate in the thread and contribute in a meaningful manner, but don't act all whiny and irritating.

At any rate, getting back on topic, I'm estimating that we'll see a new iMac in late October sometime. If not, I'll lose even more hope for Apple.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Participate in the thread and contribute in a meaningful manner, but don't act all whiny and irritating.
I'm not being whiney. I stated an observation. My post is just as legitimate as any others. Just because you don't like my post doesn't make it irrelevant. As for irritating, some may feel that all the redundant threads are irritating, yet I didn't say they shouldn't post. As for the time to find the other threads, it took a matter of seconds with a simple forum search.

Pie Chips Salad

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
i'm not being whiney. I stated an observation. My post is just as legitimate as any others. Just because you don't like my post doesn't make it irrelevant. As for irritating, some may feel that all the redundant threads are irritating, yet i didn't say they shouldn't post. As for the time to find the other threads, it took a matter of seconds with a simple forum search.

how very dare you

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
This site is called Macrumors, which is all about speculation. Just stop, it's irritating.

You take the name of the site extremely too literally.

There is so much more to this site than just the speculative bandwidth wasting rumor threads that people create over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!

Have a nice day! :D

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
I think It's really odd that all the rumours surrounding the iPhone 5, iPod Touch & Nano's ended up pretty much all being true.. But there has been little to no rumours surrounding the next iMac..

Which kinda leads me to believe there may not be an update at this time, but I hope I'm wrong, because I'm also waiting to buy the new iMac..

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
You take the name of the site extremely too literally.

There is so much more to this site than just the speculative bandwidth wasting rumor threads that people create over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!

Have a nice day! :D

But at its core, it is exactly that. The majority of the news that drives this site is speculation. Which in turn happens to be the majority of the posts during possible release periods.

Right now it is "when". After, it will be filled with shipping issues, new hardware issues, how to do this, how to do that, etc, etc. That is the nature of the board. When and if they are released, the speculation will die out for a long while.

Have a nice day :D

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
GGJStudios, I come to macrumors for leaks and gathered info on specific stuff. I don't really make my speculations but I enjoy reading others who are more keen on that topic. People who constantly say there are so many threads on this topic already, give me the impression they are sucking up to the admin here acting as if they know best. Kind of like imitating what a moderator would say to make themselves feel higher or mightier than the average user here. :rolleyes:

If your only way to feel good about yourself is to annoy others than you really need to adjust your lifestyle. Also, seconds to find all those links? I think it took you more than seconds just to paste them all in excluding the search.

You come across as very sarcastic as well. Calling it a short list when it is clearly very long. Stating the obvious in an attempt to make the OP look like an idiot. Not a very nice way to come across even if this is the internet.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
Oh no, speculation on new or unreleased macs on a site literally called macRUMORS? How dare he.

"It'll happen when it happens". You got that everybody? That is the official word. Everyone stop posting this second.

Give it up, man.

Probably not a bad idea. I got quite a bit of flack when I created a thread speculating about a particular time frame for new iMacs. Interestingly, what I was posting about then is currently ranked number 2 in the voting here now and it is a close second.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Probably not a bad idea. I got quite a bit of flack when I created a thread speculating about a particular time frame for new iMacs. Interestingly, what I was posting about then is currently ranked number 2 in the voting here now and it is a close second.

don't milk it :p

Sep 10, 2012
I don't know if this has any bearing ...

I was just toying with the idea of buying a Mini instead of an iMac and once in the basket (Apple Store) there was a 1-2 week dispatch date for the 27" Cinema Display.

Could this lack of stock signify an imminent refresh of the 27" Cinema Display (USB 3 etc) as well as an iMac refresh? Would they be refreshed alongside of each other?

My 08 iMac's screen died a few weeks back so I need a new machine, but there is no way I'm going to buy until the refresh.

I swore I'd never buy an iMac again as I don't like the idea of it being all in one, thus something as simple as a hard drive failure requires the whole machine to be sent away for repair.

The HD failed in my iMac during the first year ... was collected by Apple Care and fixed, but it had to go back 4 times in total as the first HD replacement was dodgy, and the other times it kept coming back with dust under the screen!

However, you really do get a lot of bang for your buck with the iMac ...

So, I am HOPING that they refresh the iMac this month as I am currently having to make do with an iPad and iPhone only and they can only do so much.

Swordylove

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2012
What points to Friday 12th?

p/s: Now I know why GGJstudios was all for removing the downvoting function. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.