Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msizzle64

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
oh no!

9:33 PM Sidney has to leave as his iPhone has die; the liveblog is over. The servers are being pounded from traffic from all over; including AppleInsider and MacRumors. Thanks to all who have visited!!

boxgamex

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2008
I think you've got it. Well, at least it is the best idea yet. 5+4 corresponds with the price of the phone it contains (and thus the flash drive size). $500 and $400.

doesn't seem like it..

8:33 PM More black cases marked “Anonymous 4+3″ entering store.

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
I think it might mean june 9th, that is my best guess...there is nine letters though in the word anonymous, but I am trying to do all these calculations, and nothing really is coming to mind. June 9th might be the best bet. the $400 + $500 pricing doesn't seem to fit in with the 4+5 really, but that is just me. As for the WWDC thing, with the landmarks. That could be anything, Apple stores are Landmarks whereever you put them, why would the 5th ave. store be any different...I know, I know, it's a pretty unique store. But who knows.

Maybe they are releasing the 4G and 5G (4 and 5) phones all at once. Of course, you can;t use them for a few years, but at least you'll have them when you can. :D

mtfield

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2008
i've shot a fair few commercials myself and the typically take 6-10 hours to shoot and then probably a week or two of editing depending on your deadline and post crew... could be sooner if really rushed, which if the money is there than anything is possible. Also "Anonymous 5+4" 5+4=9 as in june 9th? launch date??? :D

LVdustin

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe they are releasing the 4G and 5G (4 and 5) phones all at once. Of course, you can;t use them for a few years, but at least you'll have them when you can. :D

Apple has always been an adopter of the future for products. Mouse, GUI, Full functional touch-screen phone...I can't even picture 4 & 5g though, that would equal like...3mbps...maybe even more, that would be like compared to DSL or a Cable connection.

RidleyGriff

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Though the numerology of it all is fun, I think the mysterious black cases may be a bit of an overreach, folks.

Anonymous Content is a commercial/music video production company. One of the directors Anonymous Content works with is David Fincher -- who Apple Insider reports, perhaps not that coincidentally, may be working on an Apple spot.

I think the cases likely just contain some of Anonymous Content's production gear, not any Apple products with coded wording...

Indy21

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
Yea, people are looking into this way too much. 5+4 = 9. 9 is the day in june.

That's just retarded though, whoopdeedoo, 5+4....:eek:Ooooh SO mysterious!!!

Not bashing your reply by any means but I understand that it could mean the 9th but why not just put uhhh, "9th" or simply "9"?

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
Apple has always been an adopter of the future for products. Mouse, GUI, Full functional touch-screen phone...I can't even picture 4 & 5g though, that would equal like...3mbps...maybe even more, that would be like compared to DSL or a Cable connection.

With 5G you order your Starbucks coffee through the phone, then stick your straw into the phone and drink. ;)

LVdustin

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
Las Vegas, NV

Not bashing your reply by any means but I understand that it could mean the 9th but why not just put uhhh, "9th" or simply "9"?

Because, that's what Apple does, they make things so rediculously retarded, that it's just to the point where it's mysteriously amazing.

Chrisrokc

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008

Because your Apple and maybe you only want people that have passed the 1st grade to know when the phone is going to be released. :p

Last update from the blog so everyone can see.

6:31 PM Sidney is off from work and en-route (via Subway) to the 5th Ave store.
7:30 PM Sidney is on the scene confirming that it is indeed commercial- there are booms and a Genie outside the store. He says that lighting is being setup to highlight the Cube and elevator.
7:37 PM Sidney has confirmed that there is filming going on in the store. Director chairs and people mingling around the tables. All computers have the Leopard aurora desktop background showing with no menubar or icons.
7:39 PM He can see into the Apple Store, and there are iPhone tables with cardboard around them. Most of the people are congregating around the iPhone tables. The cardboard is very eerie, very Apple, he notes.
7:52 PM The crew outside is discussing ways to get into the store, appears to be looking at a floorplan.
7:56 PM “I recognize the 5th Ave HR Manager standing outside the store. She is dressed well and clearly happy about this event.”
7:58 PM More lights are being setup around the outside of the Cube.
8:08 PM “Crews are all talking through radios. I wish I had a frequency scanner right now!”
8:11 PM The crews are hooking into the Fire Hydrant now. What the heck!?
8:33 PM BLACK CASES MARKED “Anonymous 5+4″ entering store.
8:33 PM More black cases marked “Anonymous 4+3″ entering store.
9:33 PM Sidney has to leave as his iPhone has died; the liveblog is over. The servers are being pounded from traffic from all over; including AppleInsider and MacRumors. Thanks to all who have visited!!
9:47 PM Almost the entire sidewalk is blocked off on 5th Ave, with the Apple employees pushing the line back as much as possible. Sidney has left for home.

matperk

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Though the numerology of it all is fun, I think the mysterious black cases may be a bit of an overreach, folks.

Anonymous Content is a commercial/music video production company. One of the directors Anonymous Content works with is David Fincher -- who Apple Insider reports, perhaps not that coincidentally, may be working on an Apple spot.

I think the cases likely just contain some of Anonymous Content's production gear, not any Apple products with coded wording...

That's some good detective work.

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
One of the comments here interested me. Given the CONFIRMATION that at least in Australia the iPhone will support 46 mbit per second, what does that constitute? 4G? 5G? Mobile broadband?

Rocketman

I believe the article you are referring to said that in Australia, their network had 42MB capabilities, not that the iPhone could handle it.

shrtmkr

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
the apple
These are the photos I took around 9.30pm it is obviously a commercial shoot going on however no signs of the actual product.

Attachments

• DSC03618.JPG
    DSC03618.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,634
  • DSC03616.JPG
    DSC03616.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 3,124

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002

There's goes our bubbles of speculation!!! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.