Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Here's how the game works. During the day, the villagers (specials and non-specials) vote for who they think the wolves are via vote. The person who receives the most votes is then lynched. During the night, the wolves can choose someone to kill, and the specials can perform their selected duty. Specials cannot divulge the night’s actions until the morning narration. Then, in the morning, the cycle starts over, until either all of the wolves are dead (village win) or the wolves account for half of the village (wolf win).

To make things more interesting, players can NOT PM (have Conversations) with each other, with the exception of conversations between the Neighborhood watch members (explained below), and conversations between the wolves.

The Good
  • Bartender
    • Bartender chooses a player on two separate nights of their choosing to “get drunk”. That player will get either an advantage or disadvantage, which is up to the Bartender, that will extend through the following day (a hangover). The Bartender will not know the exact outcome of their actions.
    • PM’s the GG (during the night) a player, choice of advantage/disadvantage, and if they feel so inclined, a name for that drink.
    • Targets given a disadvantage: Specials will not get their special action. (The Alpha wouldn’t be able to infect during that time period, the Kami wouldn’t kill if they’re lynched, the seer wouldn’t get to scan, or the undertaker wouldn’t get to scan). If either wolf is given a disadvantage, there will be no kill. Regular villagers are viable targets, however there would be no outward effect. I’d like to say that they can only post once to vote, but we need more participation.
    • Targets given an advantage: Will be allowed to scan any player, dead or alive.
    • Bartender can not choose themselves.
  • Guard
    • The guard chooses one person to protect from the wolves.
    • The same person can not be protected twice in a row.
    • The guard can protect themselves.
    • The protection extends into the following day, but will die with the guard (in the case that the guard is killed that night).
    • Protection is from the wolves only, meaning the person under protection can still be scanned by the seer.
  • Hunter
    • The hunter can choose one person to “insta-kill”, at any time (I will post that action as soon as I can, but I can’t make any guarantees).
  • Seer
    • The seer chooses one alive player to scan during the night. They will learn the true identity of the player they scan.
  • Undertaker
    • The undertaker chooses one dead player to scan during the night. They will learn the true identity of the player they scan.
  • Neighborhood Watch (2 Players + 1 Inductee)
    • The only good villagers who can PM (have private Conversations) about game topics.
    • At any point, the two will collectively decide one person to invite into The Watch. The new person will (obviously) be able to PM the rest of The Watch.
    • Anyone (Good, Bad, Indifferent) can be inducted, however it’s up to them whether they share any other role(s) they might have.
The Bad
  • Alpha Wolf
    • They can choose one player to infect. The infected person will switch sides and become a wolf.
    • Anyone (except the one person under protection at the time) can be infected, regardless of their prior roles.
    • Infected wolves become normal wolves, meaning they will be able to PM
  • Kamikaze Wolf
    • They will choose a player to kill in the event that they are lynched. They can (and are encouraged) to choose a person before hand, but they are welcome to change their target at any point, for any reason.
    • Normal Wolf
    • They are able to PM other wolves, and continue the game in the event of the death of the Alpha and or Kamikaze.
Voting/Timelines
  • Days will always be a minimum of 24 hours, unless otherwise stated.
  • Nights will be a maximum of 24 hours, unless otherwise stated at the beginning of the night. If every action that happens during the night is complete, it may end early, but I will try to be mindful of players in other time zones, so the deadline isn’t too ridiculous.
  • NO MAJORITY LOCK. Just imagine if the US was stuck with whatever President hit majority first, regardless of the rest of the nation.
  • Voting is required! A “No Vote” is acceptable. Failure to vote (or communicate with the GG by the next morning), you will be considered lost in the woods.
    • With that said, life happens. If there’s some extraneous circumstance, at least PMme and (unless you’re killed) you can stay in the game. Maybe you find your way back to the village…
  • All votes must be bold. Only the latest vote in the post counts.
  • You can only vote during the day.
  • The village can collectively decide to not lynch anyone, if the decision is unanimous.

Other Stuff

• It is recommended that you uncheck “Show online status” (Hover over your name in the upper right corner, then uncheck the box at the bottom of that popup).
  • Specials can send in night actions at any point during the day leading up to the night (but only up to one night at a time). You can also send in “conditional” orders (if x, do y).
  • DO NOT edit posts. These threads get trashed at the end of the game, so an extra post doesn’t hurt anything. Not to mention many of us subscribe and get email notifications, so it gets pretty obvious.
  • Dead players should post in a non-black color, and refrain from interfering in any way.

I’m looking for 14-15 players.

1) WoodNUFC Dead, Villager
2) Sythas Dead, Villager
3) rick snagwell
4) twietee Killed, Villager
5) Moyank24, Killed, Villager
6) Ravenvii Dead, Villager
7) Scepticalscribe Killed, Wolf
8) Plutonius Killed, Villager
9) Philbeeney Killed, Villager
10) Tomorrow Killed Villager
11) mscriv Killed, Villager
12) Dsching
13) curmudgeonette Killed, Wolf
14) mrkramer
15) Queen of Spades
16) Don't Panic Killed, Villager

Day 1
WoodNUFC lynched, a villager.

Night 1
Twietee killed by wolves.

Day 2
ravenvii lynched, a villager.

Night 2
mscriv killed by wolves.

Day 3
Sythas lynched, a villager

Night 3
Plutonius killed by wolves

Day 4

Philbeeney lynched, a villager

Night 4
Moyank24 killed by wolves

Day 5

Scepticalscribe lynched, a wolf

Night 5
Don't Panic killed by wolves

Day 6
curmudgeonette lynched, a wolf
Tomorrow killed by wolves

Night 6
Dsching killed by wolves

Day 7
rick snagwell lynched, a wolf

Final Update

Last edited:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Okay, my time is limited, but I haven't played in one of these for a long time and it should be fun. I'm IN.

Plus, how could I turn down @twietee :p.

I waited for that edit, homie :)

Still 2 to go.

@Don't panic @Queen of Spades ? Chicken or what?
511028583_b34f93ea43_o.gif
:p

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I'd been holding off since I was worried about not having enough time to participate, but it looks like I'll be able to so I'm in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.