Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I don't yet pull the trigger for Yosemite on my Macs :(

I'm very debated. On my MBP I have a third party SSD and I read some weird stories about Yosemite support.

Planey28

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Birmingham, UK
Really hope this fixes the Wi-Fi bugs, after updating to 10.10.2 my macbook has been having wifi issues sporadically when it comes out of sleep mode. Had no problems up until then :(

Erastopic

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
Norway

I'm very debated. On my MBP I have a third party SSD and I read some weird stories about Yosemite support.

It's the Trim that Apple has sort of "cut" for 3rd party SSD's but Cindori offers a trim enabler which works very very well.

zombiecakes

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2012
Wait, you're only using a Mac for its superior trackpad? :confused:

yes, have you ever used a PC trackpad? They are that bad because of the shoddy drivers made by OEMs that have no idea what they are doing.

If MS finally creates a standard trackpad driver that works properly then Im gone, this wifi crap and Apple's complete failure to fix it is unacceptable, it doesnt even work on MBPs less than 2 years old. An OS hasnt frustrated me this much since Windows 98 and its daily crashes.

Last edited:

aaronhead14

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
WiFi....

This update NEEDS to have a fix for the WiFi issue in Yosemite. If not, I'm reverting back to Mavericks.

It's completely and utterly unacceptable to procrastinate this issue for so long. Shame on you, Apple. We need WiFi. Ignoring problems won't get them resolved.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.

It's the Trim that Apple has sort of "cut" for 3rd party SSD's but Cindori offers a trim enabler which works very very well.

You're wrong Erastopic, since Apple has kext signing he can't do too much about it anymore!

Really hope this fixes the Wi-Fi bugs, after updating to 10.10.2 my macbook has been having wifi issues sporadically when it comes out of sleep mode. Had no problems up until then :(

10.10.3 beta 1 did not fix WIFI issues for me, doubt this will be any better, but, I solved it myself, solution can be found in my first post in this thread.

Erastopic

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
Norway
Just found!

They have added the different race skins to Emoji :eek:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 20.06.23.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 20.06.23.png
    19 KB · Views: 93

HVDynamo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
Ito does work, but if you don't have dev kext mode set to 1 the System won't boot, you'll get the stop sign.
There is a fix for when it won't boot, in one of my posts last month I explained how, will try to find my post and link it here.

Her is the link:

Recovering from stop sign on boot screen

I am using it with Yosemite. Disabling Kext signing has been built into trim enabler so it's still really easy to use. I still recommend disabling it prior to installing OS updates and then re-enabling it after the update to avoid running into the OS not booting issue.
http://www.cindori.org/trim-enabler-and-yosemite/

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I am using it with Yosemite. Disabling Kext signing has been built into trim enabler so it's still really easy to use. I still recommend disabling it prior to installing OS updates and then re-enabling it after the update to avoid running into the OS not booting issue.

I didn't use TrimEnabler since I had issues with it last time, it also seems it isn't that important anymore.

There is still a huge thread on Cindori:

Trim Enabler in Yosemite

Still has issues, resetting PRAM will leave you with a system you can't boot into.

Important issues

The kext-signing setting is stored in your Mac’s NVRAM/PRAM, a sort of flash memory inside your Mac. This memory can be reset either by accident or by intention (usually by troubleshooting issues with your hardware), causing kext-signing setting to re-activate.

If you try to boot a Trim-enabled system with the kext-signing setting re-activated, you will be met by a gray screen with a stop sign:

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I enabled iCloud photo library on my Mac using Photos (had to pay for the 200 gig plan). I like Photos and it easily imported my iPhoto events and I manually moved them out into Photo albums. However when I enable iCloud photo, I don't like how it removes camera roll. It's a pain to have to scroll through thousands of photos to find the most recent pics I took.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007

If MS finally creates a standard trackpad driver that works properly then Im gone, this wifi crap and Apple's complete failure to fix it is unacceptable, it doesnt even work on MBPs less than 2 years old. An OS hasnt frustrated me this much since Windows 98 and its daily crashes.

I find it strange that some seem to have wifi issues and some don't. I haven't seen wifi issues at all in Yosemite. :-| What is different for me compared to you? I have a MacBook Pro 13" (Mid 2012) and it's been working fine with wifi. Also have a MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2011 I think) and that also works fine with wifi.

decimortis

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Toronto
I find it strange that some seem to have wifi issues and some don't. I haven't seen wifi issues at all in Yosemite. :-| What is different for me compared to you? I have a MacBook Pro 13" (Mid 2012) and it's been working fine with wifi. Also have a MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2011 I think) and that also works fine with wifi.

I'm not sure either.

While I definitely believe they're telling the truth, I haven't had so much as a glitch with my wifi. Using a 2013 rMPB 15 on 10.10.2.

Hope it gets resolved for them though; I'd be ripping my hair out if I had any.

D.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.

Lots of different hardware, for instance, different modems/routers, different Macs, different WIFI/Network settings.
We don't know the solution, heck, even Apple can't figure it out.

But, it seems like Discoveryd is the problem, just today I got mDNSResponder from 10.9.1 installed instead of buggy Discoveryd, seems to have solved it for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.