Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Indeed. The TV tagging does not utilize the moviedb API so it continues to work fine. I have done some more testing and so far, continues to work fine.

katzen33

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2013
4) Let me know any feedback and I am happy to try and fix. Right now, what I cannot get working well is if you try and run the action to just add movie tags (filename), it does not capture a bunch of data. It may have been like this before. If you do it by search, it works fine.

Thank You! Fine work on your side!

It seems that posters won't be added to the files when using "Add Movie Tags". Also "Tag & Rename" will display a Backslash instead of a colon. (The old script replaced colons with a dash.) But thats nothing too dramatic.

Nonetheless fine work! thank you for posting your result!

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008

It seems that posters won't be added to the files when using "Add Movie Tags".

Did it work that way on the old one? I never used it so am not aware if that was the default behavior.

Also "Tag & Rename" will display a Backslash instead of a colon. (The old script replaced colons with a dash.) But thats nothing too dramatic.

I think i understand but can you give me a specific movie example to test with?

katzen33

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2013
Yes, I never used Add Movie Poster and all the artwork was just there. Examples for movies with backslashes I tried were Batman: The Movie and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (2013). All other movies like LotR: should behave alike.

Thanks again!

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Yes, I never used Add Movie Poster and all the artwork was just there. Examples for movies with backslashes I tried were Batman: The Movie and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (2013). All other movies like LotR: should behave alike.

Thanks again!

Ok. I forgot to add a small SED command. New .action file attached that fixes the ":" issue. Still looking into the movie poster. I have also updated the original post with the updated ZIP.

Confirm for me its working when you can.

Attachments

• Add Movie Tags.action.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 200

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Further to my post above...

Attached, are the .action files for Add Movie Tags and Add Movie Poster. You need to replace the ones in your Batch Rip Actions.app (show package contents; Contents/Library/Automator/

I am posting these unless MacJedi has an objection in which case I will take them down. Please note the following:

1) THIS IS FOR BETA TESTING ONLY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CONTENT OR YOUR DATA.

2) Install Instructions:
a) Install jq from here: http://stedolan.github.io/jq/
b) The default install path is /usr/local/bin. If you install somewhere else, this can be changed in each of the main.command files within the .action files. The path is specified at the top.
c) Replace the .action files as I described above

3) This uses my API key for thethemoviedb.org. Its a personal key and I will update it in a few weeks. Please apply for your own, its free. You will have to replace the API key within the two main.command files everywhere you see it.

4) Let me know any feedback and I am happy to try and fix. Right now, what I cannot get working well is if you try and run the action to just add movie tags (filename), it does not capture a bunch of data. It may have been like this before. If you do it by search, it works fine.

5) Once I get these working, ill try for the TV tags.

Not an expert with Mac;s. I only use this to do all my movies. It downloads, but never installs. Click on it from the downloads, ask premission. then nothing.. jq that is

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008

It seems that posters won't be added to the files when using "Add Movie Tags". Also "Tag & Rename" will display a Backslash instead of a colon. (The old script replaced colons with a dash.) But thats nothing too dramatic.

Nonetheless fine work! thank you for posting your result!

I have modified the Add Movie tags action to automatically add the main movie poster. It will not pop-up a dialog, it will just add it since its adding the main one from tmdb. I have also left in the original main.command file within the .action file in case you do not want the movie poster feature. Just delete the main.command and replace with the other one.

Please test and let me know. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Add Movie Tags.action.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 191

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Not an expert with Mac;s. I only use this to do all my movies. It downloads, but never installs. Click on it from the downloads, ask premission. then nothing.. jq that is

You have to install yourself. Its easy.
1) In the finder, go up to Go > Go to Folder. Type in /usr/local/bin.
2) Copy and paste the downloaded jq into that folder.
3) open up a terminal and type: chmod +x /usr/local/bin/jq

When your done it should turn from a doc file to a unix file.

Thats it. Let me know if you have any issues.

Last edited:

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Further to my post above...

Attached, are the .action files for Add Movie Tags and Add Movie Poster. You need to replace the ones in your Batch Rip Actions.app (show package contents; Contents/Library/Automator/

I am posting these unless MacJedi has an objection in which case I will take them down. Please note the following:

1) THIS IS FOR BETA TESTING ONLY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CONTENT OR YOUR DATA.

2) Install Instructions:
a) Install jq from here: http://stedolan.github.io/jq/
b) The default install path is /usr/local/bin. If you install somewhere else, this can be changed in each of the main.command files within the .action files. The path is specified at the top.
c) Replace the .action files as I described above

3) This uses my API key for thethemoviedb.org. Its a personal key and I will update it in a few weeks. Please apply for your own, its free. You will have to replace the API key within the two main.command files everywhere you see it.

5) Once I get these working, ill try for the TV tags.

Actually I am completely lost. I find no file call Add Movie Poster.action anywhere on my computer except for the one i just downloaded. And all my stuff is working.. I find workflows.. but no actions?

What am I missing?

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Actually I am completely lost. I find no file call Add Movie Poster.action anywhere on my computer except for the one i just downloaded. And all my stuff is working.. I find workflows.. but no actions?

What am I missing?

It was mentioned earlier in thread. I didnt provide full intrusctions.

Go into your Apps folder and right click on Batch Rip actions. Click on show folder contents. Go to the following: /Applications/Batch Rip Actions for Automator.app/Contents/Library/Automator

In the automator folder you will see the actions. Replace there.

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
It was mentioned earlier in thread. I didnt provide full intrusctions.

Go into your Apps folder and right click on Batch Rip actions. Click on show folder contents. Go to the following: /Applications/Batch Rip Actions for Automator.app/Contents/Library/Automator

In the automator folder you will see the actions. Replace there.

Okay I get it now. Sorry. This mac mini does nothing but Rip the 1900 Movies and 2000 TV Shows. I can click, but don't know in and outs of it.

The jq file is still listed as a Document after chmod'ing it.

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Try chmod +x and instead of typing out the path drag the jq file onto the terminal window. Then hit enter.

If still no try chmod 0777 instead.

ffichman

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2013
It's not dead but there is only one guy (Mac.Jedi) doing all the code in his spare time, so don't be surprised if you don't get an answer for a few days.

As for your problem, the first thing that jumps out at the me are the following lines in the console log you linked to in your post:

First thing I'd do is fix that and then try again. I have no idea what all this "Adobe Unit Types" malarkey is and I've never had that problem. Do you only see that when running the batch rip/encode scripts? Do you see that in the Terminal for any other applications? Finally, you've set it to Growl on complete but you don't have GrowlNotify installed (get it from here).

----------

At the moment, I don't think so. I believe Mac.Jedi has been considering adding extra options for providing input for the encode (e.g. alternative ripping sources to FairMount) but I got that info from earlier in this thread so no idea what is happening with that.

Anybody know how to resolve this issue?
I have the same problem on My Mini Mac Server OSX 10.8.5

Best Regards,

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Rename Movies now works..

But when you put into DVD drive and Batch Rip Dispatcher and it has the Movie name. it comes back that the API doesn't work.

Again If i select the Move RIP afterwards and Select Batch Rip Rename Movie Items that part does work now..

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008

But when you put into DVD drive and Batch Rip Dispatcher and it has the Movie name. it comes back that the API doesn't work.

Again If i select the Move RIP afterwards and Select Batch Rip Rename Movie Items that part does work now..

The batch rip dispatcher is likely another script. I only fixed the movie tags and poster scripts since those seem to be the ones people wanted. Let me look at the others to see how much work it is.

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008

Ok. Here are modified batch rip and batch encode actions. See if this fixes and works. I cant test since dont really use them. Please back up your old ones first. Put them in same place as others.

Attachments

• Batch Actions.zip
    97.2 KB · Views: 138

theLastBanana

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Thank you for your work on this.

A minor suggestion, should you make any additional changes -- Perhaps put the api key into a variable at the top of the script, making a clear spot that the change should be made.

ohh epic fail

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
You have to install yourself. Its easy.
1) In the finder, go up to Go > Go to Folder. Type in usr/local/bin.
2) Copy and paste the downloaded jq into that folder.
3) open up a terminal and type: chmod +x /usr/local/bin/jq

When your done it should turn from a doc file to a unix file.

Thats it. Let me know if you have any issues.

i'm completely lost on installing this. i'm pretty good with my mac overall but using scripts and automator i am clueless. when i go to Go > go to folder and type in usr/local/bin it says "the folder can't be found"

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
i'm completely lost on installing this. i'm pretty good with my mac overall but using scripts and automator i am clueless. when i go to Go > go to folder and type in usr/local/bin it says "the folder can't be found"

sorry try: /usr/local/bin

----------

[/COLOR]
Thank you for your work on this.

A minor suggestion, should you make any additional changes -- Perhaps put the api key into a variable at the top of the script, making a clear spot that the change should be made.

Yah. That was the plan but then i read that the API, so long as not for commercial use, is fine to share to the masses. Thanks though, agree

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
it still says the same thing. is there an alternate way to get to that folder? i can't find it at all. i can get to /usr/local but all that is in the folder is lib and Qt

Ok. It doesnt necessarily have to go there i believe but thats where binaries go so they can be accessed via terminal. Just make it yourself.

go into terminal and type: sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/bin

Then do as i say, put it in there, and change the permissions on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.