Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
e
How do I type the tailed "E" on my mac. Æ æ, or the slavic version "ę"? I had to cut and paste these letters in case you are wondering. :)
You can get the Slavic version by pressing and holding the letter "e", then selecting the punctuation from the popup. Unfortunately the "tailed e" is not one of those selections.

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Swapped the Q12 in and it does not work, no lights, battery dead. Is there a way of turning it off for long term storage? I know is goes to sleep but that is not powered down.

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Is there an. Æ æ, on the Mac? On my iPhone I switch to the Greek keyboard but that would be a pain on the Mac. I rarely have the use the AE letter so it isn't a big deal.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Gave my Q5 Pro a new set of keycaps...
Q5P.jpeg

Drop biip 2048 keycaps in MT3 profile. They're comfortable to type on and have a pretty cool retro feel to them. Hard to see from my terrible picture, but they're on the taller side.
Beneath them are Gateron Oil King switches which feel and sound so nice.
Q5P_2.jpeg

Last edited:

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Felt like building a full-size keyboard. I have the 96% Q5 Pro, but actually don't have any true 100% full-sized keyboards.
So... I present to you...
IMG_2504.jpeg
IMG_2503.jpeg

| Keychron Q6 Max
| Gateron Jupiter Banana switches
| NovelKeys Superuser keycaps (KAM profile, similar to XDA profile)

I'm still awaiting a matching green & black keyboard cable and black wrist rest, but felt like posting anyway before it was completed. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out, and the Gateron Jupiter Banana switches are nearly indistinguishable from my preferred tactile switches (Gateron Baby Kangaroo), which is why I bought the keyboard with the switches instead of barebones. Sounds pretty good. Not too muted but not overly obnoxious. I actually prefer louder keyboards but at least at work I try to keep the "volume" under control as I often work with my office door open. At home, there's no one to bother (my wife doesn't really mind), so I let it be as loud as it pleases.

He's a big boy, alright, but I'd like to think it's a keyboard Neo himself would use. I'll post another picture when the cable and wrist rest come in later this week.

Reactions: fp99 and Lyoha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.