Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slurpy2k8

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
No. I see your point, but its wrong. Apple will let Microsoft release Windows 7, then when its out, and people start reporting the thousands of bugs, and some Windows bashing reviews get their teeth into it and give it terrible reviews Apple will slam out Snow Leopard as the saviour alternative, like the second coming of Christ, and eveyone will be like, hey Windows is so bad lets stick with something solid like Apple and Snow Leopard.

This will also give Apple more time to perfect Snow Leopard than Microsoft and Windows.

Except that.. Windows 7 RC has been rock solid for me, and everyone else I know who's running it. Its stable, smooth, and fast. So I somehow doubt the RTM will be the horrendous product you just described.

And yes, I do think that OSX is still leaps and bounds above Windows (7 included). But Windows 7 is a significant improvement over Vista, and will get positive reviews.

MacGit

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, England
Shed some light?

Yeah yeah, we've heard that story already... :rolleyes:

Sorry - OT - but I just checked out your iWebsite and think it's brilliant!
How easy is it to do the background and theme of the website like that? I didn't think you could edit the iWeb templates as much as that.
Really grateful for any help etc.
Cheers
Chris

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Magic 8-ball says..... rats,"ask again later" =)

Maybe we should come up with a MacRumors, aka Sarcastic, 8-ball for occasions like this :p

"Stop asking me the same damn question for 10 weeks in a row now!"
"I told you I don't know! I'm just a silly ball for godsake!" :D

ps. Why is it a "Magic" 8-ball if we just ask it again if we don't like the answer? Where exactly is the magic? :confused: :eek: :p

pss. I'm still rooting for Thursday 5/7 for 5.7 ;) If it does happen...I called it!

83leeds

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2009
Leeds, UK
Can't wait for 5.7, if you have a MacBook Air, you know USB Ethernet/Internet sharing only works once then need to delete adapter and reboot to get it working again! Not great!

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
well. time for blu-ray soon. at least it should be by 10.6
apple ought to be shamed by the microsoft commercials.

Morky

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2002
NYC
Really hope this solves the freezing issues on unibody Macbook Pros.

Mine usually freezes once or twice a day during WoW, but I've had it freeze while using Photoshop, Netflix Streaming and VMWare Fusion a couple of times.

I'm positive it's a driver issue, as it's never happened to me in Vista/Bootcamp mode.

I haven't had the issue, but I'm always running the 9400M integrated graphics, not the 9600M GT.

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I've been "champing at the bit." With all the baby step updated one has to believe it's ready.

gleepskip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
I've noticed a humorous political correlation to the Vista disaster and the introduction of Windows 7.

Vista = The Bush administration
Win7 = Obama

I agree. Since Vista and Win7 are essentially the same thing, except Win7 has had better marketing. Very insightful. +1.

vvebsta

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2006
I have a feeling this will mean snow leopard will come with a "coming late 2010" tag on it= MASSIVE FAIL

DELLsFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
...I've noticed a humorous political correlation to the Vista disaster and the introduction of Windows 7.

Vista = The Bush administration
Win7 = Obama

Need I say more? :p...

:eek:

Oh, I wish you hadn't said even that much, friend. I am having difficulty resisting the urge to extend your quaint analogy further...

...something along the lines of how much I'll enjoy Windows machines in the short term - an OS bought and paid for not by me ... but by my children and grandchildren that will ultimately blue screen and crash / fail with no warranty to repair them in the long term.

:apple:

wavelayer

macrumors member
May 17, 2005
Tiger tiger burning bright

At the production house I work at we're still using 10.4.11. They have the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy, and our blackmagic interfaces are picky picky picky. Anyone still on Tiger? Other than all the window dressing, are there significant performance increases in Leopard running FCS2 and C4D?

odedia

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
for the life of me, i can never understand how many bluetooth-related issues you can possibly have. It either works, or it doesn't. With every update, you have your bluetooth fixes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.