Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolRayz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
Vista = The Bush administration
Win7 = Obama

Need I say more? :p
Ummm no...Comparing Vista to Bush is an insult to Vista. Similarly comparing Obama to Win7 is and insult to Obama.;)

I really hope this update fixes the battery toolbar functionality back to its earlier state circa. 10.5.4 and before. If not then more whining.

ifirth

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2007
Mobileme iCal sync fix?

Anyone know if the problems of syncing with Mobileme calendar and iCal for some have been fixed? as this has been driving me mad for months and I'm still not about to let iCal overide everything on mobileme - when I have 2 iphones that sync perfectly (rant over - thanks for listening)

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

How often does Apple release an update to their OS on Friday? I know that they really don't have a set schedule for this sort of thing. I'm just curious.

W1LLk

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
San Antonio
Ummm no...Comparing Vista to Bush is an insult to Vista. Similarly comparing Obama to Win7 is and insult to Obama.;)

I really hope this update fixes the battery toolbar functionality back to its earlier state circa. 10.5.4 and before. If not then more whining.

Actually, it's not an insult, it would be a compliment, but your absolutely right, it doesn't apply. Windows 7 is an upgrade that HAS ACTUALLY FIXED PROBLEMS.

pwn247

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
West Virginia, USA
I highly doubt OS X Snow Leopard will hit shelves during WWDC. :rolleyes: Apple will likely demo 10.6 for the developers attending WWDC, and then release it later in the year.

The strategy Apple used with Leopard is going to work here as well.

The Leopard Strategy:
-Vista releases, lots of problems.
-Leopard releases, lots of praise (compared to Vista).

The Snow Leopard Strategy:
-Vista SP2 er... "Windows 7" releases, lots of problems.
-Snow Leopard releases, lots of praise (compared to Vista SP2 Windows 7).

;)

W1LLk

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
San Antonio
Anyone know if the problems of syncing with Mobileme calendar and iCal for some have been fixed? as this has been driving me mad for months and I'm still not about to let iCal overide everything on mobileme - when I have 2 iphones that sync perfectly (rant over - thanks for listening)

I'm not sure I'm familiar with the issue your experiencing, or at least I haven't noticed it with my iCal yet. What exactly isn't syncing?

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
yeah, only cupertino has that much kool aid. it's gotta be a lot to quench the thirst of all you fanboiz in here :)

windows 7 is pretty slick.

Windows 7 is nice - But it's more like VISTA SP2 then anything revolutionary.

What are you seeing in it that makes it leaps and bounds better?

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Two dvds actually.

It's time for Blu-ray Disc distributions! One BD is all Apple would need.

Windows 7 is nice - But it's more like VISTA SP2 then anything revolutionary.

What are you seeing in it that makes it leaps and bounds better?

The task bar and general enhancements in navigation among windows - you know, it's a "user experience" thing. ;)

Jump lists are very handy.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC

No I'd think Vista to Bush works out—had potential, but didn't really work out that way.

Windows 7 to Obama—we are expecting a lot of improvements, so far looks good, but can also be a flop.

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
It's time for Blu-ray Disc distributions! One BD is all Apple would need.

Tough to distribute an update on BluRay when none of your systems support it.
:p

Seriously, though. If Snow Leopard doesn't support BluRay, then something is seriously wrong. I would expect the next round of systems to finally have it.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

Actually comparing the Obama Admin to any OS is factually inaccurate. It's more like a root kit that stealthily backdoors its way into every aspect of the country and reconfigures for its own opportunistic use.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
"Blu-ray", or "BD"

Something is already seriously wrong, the current systems should be supporting Blu-ray.

Something was wrong... Apple was too cheap to pay the licensing fee. :D Hopefully now that licensing has been unified Apple will see the light. DVDSP sorely needs BD-R support.

Wingsy

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2007
Followed Links Not Marked?

I know it's not likely, since the problem probably lies within Webkit, but I can hope that 10.5.7 will fix Safari not showing followed links in a Google list. My memory isn't good enough to go without that.

k2spitfire88

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2008
in your mind
But will it have copy & paste?
:D
Except everyone is already praising Windows 7 as the second coming, so unless Snow Leopard improve like Vista -> Win 7, it will seem less extraordinary.

Actually, unless Apple comes out with something amazing, I predict a lot of switchers back to Windows.
Disagree. Many people are dissatisfied with Vista, and are growing sour on Windows. Plus, no one but the tech nerds knows that Windows 7 is on its way. People still think XP is the best they have to offer.
Me too - my TM drive is nearly full though, so the occasional failures may be down to that.
I think it automatically deletes the oldest ones once your TM is full. I think it may be due to something else.
Actually, it's not an insult, it would be a compliment, but your absolutely right, it doesn't apply. Windows 7 is an upgrade that HAS ACTUALLY FIXED PROBLEMS.
I was gonna say best analogy, but...
Actually comparing the Obama Admin to any OS is factually inaccurate. It's more like a root kit that stealthily backdoors its way into every aspect of the country and reconfigures for its own opportunistic use.
+1000. Best way to explain it. :D

Daschund

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2003
New York Citeeeeeeyyyy!
Just curious... what is your router? Because my MBP stopped that when I switched to Apple routers ... due to the untimely death of my netgear router. Also helped the iMac in the kitchen. So I was just wondering...

Happens with any router, I had a NetGear, an Airport station and a generic CompUSA one. Same thing with all of them. As other people had reported, the airport disconnect every now and then and can't find the base network for a couple of minutes (even thou the base is 15 ft from the computer).

electronboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2005
I'm cool with 10.5.7 being the last version of Leopard--as long as its a stable release and significant new bugs are not discovered. Let's hope that Snow Leopard is as lean, mean and bug free as Apple has been touting it to be. With any luck we will also see install image back to 4GB or less. :D

Sehnsucht

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2008
Actually comparing the Obama Admin to any OS is factually inaccurate. It's more like a rootkit that stealthily backdoors its way into every aspect of the country and reconfigures for its own opportunistic use.

I'll spare you all my own political views here, but I have to say that was clever. Again, I don't necessarily agree, but yes...clever. :D :D

*pushes derailed train back onto the tracks*

On the topic of Leopard updates, my Mac came with 10.5.4 installed and has been getting better with every update since. 10.5.6 finally corrected the annoying "squeal" or "whine" that would emit from my speakers/headphone jack when no audio was playing. As soon as a sound effect, iTunes track, etc. stopped, "sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....." Very annoying, but it's gone now. I don't see 10.5.7 being an issue for me at all. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.