Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
Have you beaten the secret worlds? What I loved most about 3D World is how difficult those final worlds were. Near impossible in co-op!

No, I read that they were really hard. I'm merely competent at platformers so those levels are probably more than I want to attempt.

Things have been crazy here this week, haven't played anything lately. I did order and download The Last Of Us for PS3 today (yay for $5 Amazon cards from Bing Rewards!) but it'll probably be this weekend before I can get started on it.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Bloodborne: I actually missed the damn game, so I started doing NG+ and the chalice dungeons. Third dungeon (lower pthumeran?) is actually starting to become challenging! :D

c8rlo

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2015
FL
since buying an XB1 this past Dec.

CoD 3
Killer Instinct
SW: BattleFront
Destiny

thinking of picking up a copy of Division, not sure yet...

Last edited:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Gone back to Toad's Treasure Tracker. I didn't want to rush it, then Episode 2 opened up!

Reactions: MRU

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Started Trackmania Turbo last night. So much fun, and the sense of speed is incredible! Can't wait to get started on the track editor.

It takes me back to a 90's era pc game called "4D Sports Driving" (aka "Stunts") that also had a track editor and insane stunt elements. My friend and I would always build maps to challenge each other, full of multiple branching paths and death traps. I fondly remember finishing new maps, copying them on a floppy disk and riding my bike over to his place to watch him play it! :)

stunts1.gif

Why do I suddenly feel so old? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: itsOver9000 and MRU

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Picked up Salt and Sanctuary for PS4 over the weekend to hold me over until Dark Souls 3 comes out in two weeks. It's a metroidvania style 2d platformer action RPG inspired by Dark Souls. So far, it's really fun! Highly recommended if you like these styles of games, and it's only $18 on the PSN store.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
Started on the division last night , so far I'm liking it but do agree with a few of the comments above .

Overall good game .

I'm really enjoying it.

The Division - I really thought I was going to regret buying this game before release but I'm really liking it. I'm not liking the game's A.I as it seems to be very aggressive and will advance on you even under heavy fire...they just keep coming and they have this thing about showing up behind you when you're fighting them from the front but hopefully that gets fixed.

Overall a good start for these MMO/Rpg/Action type.

Bless

I like the aggressive AI. It keeps even street skirmishes interesting and challenging. My issue with the AI is sometimes enemies get stuck in a pattern and are easy to pick off. Also, changing your elevation can sometimes screw up the AI and they can't see you. That might have been fixed in the update. I haven't seen it since but it was never consistent.

Same here. Wasn't that excited after the beta but still got it because.. NYC! lol

Pleasant surprise so far, of course it's on the repetitive side but I got somewhat used to the very restricted movement and the shooting is fun all in all. I'm not going to waste endless hours into it but it's quite enjoyable as is.

Some "nitpicks":

-normal mode is too easy, hard mode is way too "hard". No that I mind hard but when it means everything is the same but you need 10mins per enemy longer to play whack a mole it's just boring and results in the least attractive playstyles imo.

- Enemies look all the same. There should have been biker gangs, rabid dogs and whatnot.

- I would have preferred more and bigger mobs. Not a fan of the "wave" system. At least not all the friggin time.

- Can I go back to brooklyn?

- A hud without any clutter would be awesome and the most immersive.

- bit afraid of cheaters (playing on PC) so fear I can't really enjoy the DZ at all - would be a big bummer since it would basically mean I can't enjoy 1/3 of NYC. Would have loved an optional, complety PvE dark zone with just more badass enemies and the same mechanics as now (need to extract - lose all progress when dying etc.)

I'm on PS4 and there is quite a variety in enemies.

-Gangbangers
-Riker's island escapees
-Cleaners
-LMB troops

A few more would have been nice. Rabid dogs would be great. Wait till you get further in the game and come into an intersection and you have 10 guys on you.

I wouldn't call Normal too easy - maybe I just suck lol. At equal level to your enemies and if they are higher, I find normal challenging. Hard can be ridiculous. Challenging mode is nuts.

I have one level 30/15 DZ character and another at level 26. Darkzone is ridiculously hard. Yes you lose SOME XP and DZ bucks why you die in DZ but that is part of the challenge. You just have to kill enough to stay on the positive net progress. One key is if you can stumble on Rikers/Cleaners/Gangbangers fighting each other and pick off the wounded.

Extraction is interesting. That helicopter starts coming and enemies swarm the LZ. Rather than going rogue most players I see work together.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I'm on PS4 and there is quite a variety in enemies.

-Gangbangers
-Riker's island escapees
-Cleaners
-LMB troops

Still, they're all far too samey ("They got Alex!" :D) for my liking. The mechanisms are mostly the same too. As for the difficulty, you're defo right that facing opponents 3-4 level above yours can be quite challenging (although I have to say that I play rather reckless and that doesn't work out then anymore). I never use any skills or talents too, not even grenades.. but hard mode feel slike a waste of time so there is that.*

But like I said, I like the game, although there is no "magic" to it which will keep me playing it for a long time. If I'd play co-op with a friend that may be different.

For the DZ, I play on PC and am always worried about cheaters. Sad but true. The last online shooters I experience were infested with them. Otherwise I'm looking forward to it. I wish there were an option that would turn on / crank up the number of encounters way up in the regular areas. I love defending the streets of NY! But not if I have to walk five miles to do so :D Wish they'd add that via DLC (which I will only buy if it's increasing the single player content by a good chunk.)

I'm lvl 23 or so now.

* I also hope that they ramp up the overall difficulties when roaming the streets once I'm finished. I did roam without a map or plan at the start and that was interesting, but left some of the beginner areas unfinished - now I go back to finish them and the encounters aren't exactly exciting anymore.

Reactions: cmichaelb

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
Still, they're all far too samey ("They got Alex!" :D) for my liking. The mechanisms are mostly the same too. As for the difficulty, you're defo right that facing opponents 3-4 level above yours can be quite challenging (although I have to say that I play rather reckless and that doesn't work out then anymore). I never use any skills or talents too, not even grenades.. but hard mode feel slike a waste of time so there is that.*

But like I said, I like the game, although there is no "magic" to it which will keep me playing it for a long time. If I'd play co-op with a friend that may be different.

For the DZ, I play on PC and am always worried about cheaters. Sad but true. The last online shooters I experience were infested with them. Otherwise I'm looking forward to it. I wish there were an option that would turn on / crank up the number of encounters way up in the regular areas. I love defending the streets of NY! But not if I have to walk five miles to do so :D Wish they'd add that via DLC (which I will only buy if it's increasing the single player content by a good chunk.)

I'm lvl 23 or so now.

* I also hope that they ramp up the overall difficulties when roaming the streets once I'm finished. I did roam without a map or plan at the start and that was interesting, but left some of the beginner areas unfinished - now I go back to finish them and the encounters aren't exactly exciting anymore.

For me, it's almost perfect style of game for my preferences. No sills or talents? No grenades? lol I imagine it's easier to use on a controller then on a keyboard. Ah reckless, yeah this game rewards planning and careful cover use.

You're never going to get lvl 30 enemies in the early neighborhood streets, but the enemies do scale when rerunning missions.

Ah PC and cheaters. That's one reason I prefer consoles. Co-op is great. That would be interesting DLC.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Lol, I hate to play shooters with a controller! Kbm ftw! :D

No talents and skills because I'm too lazy! :D Wish I could completely disable the hud too.

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
Batman Arkham Knight and Assassin's Creed Unity, love the first but hating the latter even though I finish all AC games to date. AC Unity is by far the worst worth of glitches and lack of a good story...

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Played a few hours of Trackmania last night. It's sooo addictive! Each run on a given track takes no more than 30-40 seconds, and to restart a race you just push one button - instant restart, no loading times! This is the most evil "just one more try!" game I have ever played! :D

The buggys in the lagoon levels are slightly frustrating to control though. It's like they are built of helium balloons and feathers...the tiniest bump will send them flying! :eek:

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
The buggys in the lagoon levels are slightly frustrating to control though. It's like they are built of helium balloons and feathers...the tiniest bump will send them flying! :eek:

Seen others comment on this, hopefully they patch the game to tweak this. Especially on such a twitchy game where the smallest deviation of handling will cost you gold or force a restart ...

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Seen others comment on this, hopefully they patch the game to tweak this. Especially on such a twitchy game where the smallest deviation of handling will cost you gold or force a restart ...

A slight modification to the handling would be nice, but it's really far from being a game breaker. :)

Has your copy arrived yet? I need someone to build evil tracks for! :D

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Cool :)

I am still working through 'Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel' on the PS Vita, also grabbed 'Civilization Revolution 2 Plus' on Vita and got started ... Sadly it is better suited for touchscreen, but will come back to it after finishing 'Cold Steel', which is truly excellent!

[Edit: thanks to the mods for cleaning things up and apologies for any addition I might have made to the hostile tone of the recent discussions]

Last edited:
Reactions: Weaselboy

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I temporarily lost my left thumb so had to retreat to less shooteresque games and got me the Day of The Tentacle (most favorite point n click ever) and Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition. Both being totally awesome time-sinks. :D

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Day of the Tentacle is probably my favorite LucasArts adventure of all time.

Problem is, I know it too well. I would race through the game within a few hours, as I remember most/all the riddles. That's why I haven't bought it yet. It will probably be a Plus title at some point, then I'll have another go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.