Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Looks like it is proof there is only 3 pieces and NOT 2 complete straps. There is 2 hole straps but only 1 pin side strap shown in the package. So forget the band exchanging.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-08%20at%209.51.12%20AM_zpsaicyhwyr.jpg

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
That's what was shown in the video. Even the screenshot above details that :D

I know, that's why I started a thread about it. What I was saying that there is two whole bands, I was wrong, so know I have changed my post, and am confirming that there is only 1 and a ½

----------

Looks like it is proof there is only 3 pieces and NOT 2 complete straps. There is 2 hole straps but only 1 pin side strap shown in the package. So forget the band exchanging.

Yup you're right. Changed the post

applegeek01

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2014
Knoxville, TN
Ah don't worry. All this has done is made me more excited for the 24!

I wake up to watch them showing it off on the Today Show this morning and then come on MacRumors to see all the articles written while I was asleep. I just want the peace of mind to have mine ordered and I'll impatiently wait until the 24th.

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
I wake up to watch them showing it off on the Today Show this morning and then come on MacRumors to see all the articles written while I was asleep. I just want the peace of mind to have mine ordered and I'll impatiently wait until the 24th.

I know, as long as mine is ordered, it will help a lot. But ultimately the 24th is going to be the BEST. I was trying the keep the unboxing a surprise, but having them come out as early as this, I just couldn't resist.

applegeek01

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2014
Knoxville, TN
I know, as long as mine is ordered, it will help a lot. But ultimately the 24th is going to be the BEST. I was trying the keep the unboxing a surprise, but having them come out as early as this, I just couldn't resist.

I'm ready for the preorder. The watch I want is favorited, ready to be added to the cart and paid for. I'm ordering two extra bands the night of preorders though. I just wish you could favorite those to make a quick trip in and out of the online Apple Store. The band accessory page can get a little cluttered if you don't filter it out with what you want.

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
I was more worried about the ones that would have been posted in the Watch forum.

Yeah thought of that too. It would take ages to shift them all over to the marketplace, and the ones that can't access the marketplace would never stop :(

Pooshka

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2008
CONFUSION: one band or two bands sold in the box?

According to the description for the 42mm model, when you buy:

Al + rubber = you get 2 bands, fits 140-210mm wrists
SS + rubber = you get 1 band, fits 140-210mm wrists <- the confusing part

How can a single band fit 140-210mm wrists?? The rubber band comes in either S/M (fits 140-185mm wrists) or M/L (fits 160-210mm wrists). A single band can't fit both sizes.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Any watch model that you order with the sport band, you'll get three band pieces:

1. One piece that goes on one end of the watch.
  2. One piece that goes on the other end of the watch sized S/M to fit smaller sized wrists.
  3. Another just like the previous, but it fits the M/L size wrists.

Pooshka

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2008
Any watch model that you order with the sport band, you'll get three band pieces:

1. One piece that goes on one end of the watch.
  2. One piece that goes on the other end of the watch sized S/M to fit smaller sized wrists.
  3. Another just like the previous, but it fits the M/L size wrists.
Like I said, when you buy SS, you get only one rubber band, not two. But how can it fit both sizes?

----------

Most bands that come with the SS are more adjustable than the band that comes with the sport. Hence why they only come with one band (one with links, etc).
Rubber bands only come in two sizes: S/M and M/L. They're the same bands for both Al and SS.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
The rubber band comes as three straps. One strap that has the clasp on it is a standard size. The other two straps, the ones with the holes, are two different lengths, a S/M size for smaller wrists and a M/L size for larger wrists.

Is that more clear?

Pooshka

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2008
The rubber band comes as three straps. One strap that has the clasp on it is a standard size. The other two straps, the ones with the holes, are two different lengths, a S/M size for smaller wrists and a M/L size for larger wrists.

Is that more clear?
Then how come the box says it comes only with one band?

The other box says it comes with two bands.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Then how come the box says it comes only with one band?

The other box says it comes with two bands.

You can read into it however you want, but cwosigns has clearly explained to you what will come in the box. If you want to believe something else, feel free. But you will get exactly what he/she described.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.