Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
iTunes NOT iTS

I think everybody *might* be reading more into what tiny-code said than is really there. The quote says "see us soon on iTunes", NOT "see us soon at the iTunes Store."

If we were able to download iPhone apps direct from the developer, we would still need to load then into the iTunes app on our Macs/PCs in order to transfer them to the iPhone. I think this may be what the quote is talking about.

Think about it, apps would be distributed in a package format unique to iPhone/iTouch apps, which iTunes would recognize, and load into a new apps section of the library, in order to install on your device with the next sync. Therefore, "see us soon on iTunes"

eastcoastsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2007
How anyone living in the real world can have/make this thought/statement is just amazing.

Looks like several software engineers posting here (including myself) disagree with your point of view. However, you are entitled to your point of view, you just might want to give it some additional thought.

Good luck to you.

The real world is full of software that was given away as the basis of all current software. I'm not sure how that can be argued against. TCP/IP, the basis of the internet was developed by DARPA and then *gasp* given away. The original network stack nearly every OS uses or used (even Windows!) was written at Berkley and then *gasp* free to use as you wish. Did Apple pay for the internals of OSX? Nope, they started with a *gasp* free BSD (well actually Mach which started with BSD, but no matter) and went from there. They bolted on Apache (another piece of software you can get for free) and then called it OSX server. How does OSX hook into Windows networks? Oh that's SAMBA, another piece of software that's given away. And, since you're a "software developer" I'm sure you use GCC (you know, what actually does the work in Xcode). Another piece of software that's given away. The fact that you can ignore all of the software that has been and still is given away is just amazing.

I've been a software engineer/developer for over 10 years. I didn't think it really mattered in a discussion about where software comes from, but since you brought it up.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
iPhone 2.0 Camera App.

What do you guys think of this idea??? :)

It would be just like the current iPhone but also with an iSight on the front. On the top right corner is like the album art flipper where you flip from the back camera to the front camera (no more fumbling to take a pic of yourself). The camera now takes pics and records videos as you can see on the bottom left and right and each is saved to its icon on the far left or right. Pics have all the current options plus the addition of posting to Flickr. Videos are saved in a video role with videos like the pics are now in photos. Videos can also be emailed, posted on .mac web gallery, or uploaded to YouTube. Pics and videos can also be done in landscape for widescreen.

Obviously they would also add an iChat AV app for this front iSight as well. So this is the draft of my implementation. You guys like? :)

Attachments

• iPhoneCameras.jpg
    iPhoneCameras.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 475

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Ha!
Spot on!

Scary, isn't it? :eek:

If VoIP does come to the iPhone I predict it will be through the hacking community first. Down the road 3 or 4 years from now, when carriers have warmed to the idea of VoIP and figured out how to make money from it. Then we might see an official implementation.

A VoIP application already exists for jailbroken units, and it works exceptionally well. I use it on my jailbroken iPod touch all the time (along with a dock-connector microphone).

This isn't to say that AT&T and/or Apple will ever allow an "official" VoIP application for the touch or the iPhone.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
when someone writes an app for the iPhone, I wonder what he has to do to make it ready for the iPhone. Does he have to upload to iTunes? Would he have to buy his program back to actually use it? I'm just curious of what happens between finishing the app & putting it on the iPhone.

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
Well, I didn't notice because I just saw it was different and pointed it out. I don't really care who said it, its obvious someone changed it for a reason.

Kelly™

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2008
I never denied I was the guy who ran Tiny-Code.
I just never came out and said it, why draw any more attention than has already unfolded?

I had no intention of causing wakes, but since my repo has let's clarify things.

One: Yes, I have a copy of the Apple SDK for the iPhone targeting firmware 1.1.4.

Two: Yes, Tiny-Code.com was ordered to be removed from operation by Apple, Inc because by releasing firmware versions and stating I had possession of the firmware and SDK was apparently a violation of the Non-Disclosure Agreement I agreed to when I accepted a copy of the SDK and firmware.

Three: Yes I was wrist-slapped by Apple and won't be included in any further firmware beta's or testing/coding.

And finally, Four: No I cannot disclose any more about anything without getting into more trouble, stating the above is ok because well let's face it, there is documented proof I already have and Apple already backhanded me for it.

I don't have a date for when the SDK should be available, even if I did, I couldn't say more than I have.

Sorry for the confusion and sorry I can't update my repo anymore, at least not until the new firmware is out.

PS: The link to apple dev center, that is just to stop the "where did it go" questions. Apple didn't ask me to, I just did.

Regards,
Kelly

badNameErr

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2007
Above ground.
What? How did you know.....i'm all three.

I am MOSHE, he posted me here to spy on infidels flaunting secret Apple information.

:eek: I'll be careful what I say. Damn you MOSHE!

I'm really jazzed about all of this. Can't wait to install the new firmware on my touch and download an SDK. Bring it on. I really hope the SDK doesn't get delayed.

MacAddict1.0.1

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2007
I hope so!

I can't wait my iPhone has games and stuff but it's jailbreaked, I want a more secure way of putting games/apps on my iPhone. :cool: If you have a jailbreaked iPhone try out iAno.

-MacAddict1.0.1

http://www.youtube.com/user/mcontherocks

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
One: Yes, I have a copy of the Apple SDK for the iPhone targeting firmware 1.1.4.

Two: Yes, Tiny-Code.com was ordered to be removed from operation by Apple, Inc because by releasing firmware versions and stating I had possession of the firmware and SDK was apparently a violation of the Non-Disclosure Agreement I agreed to when I accepted a copy of the SDK and firmware.

Three: Yes I was wrist-slapped by Apple and won't be included in any further firmware beta's or testing/coding.

And finally, Four: No I cannot disclose any more about anything without getting into more trouble, stating the above is ok because well let's face it, there is documented proof I already have and Apple already backhanded me for it.

All of which will be taken with a grain of salt...

I really just want the SDK to be great when it comes out. If you indeed do have a copy, it should be out VERY soon. And I think it is really soon and I can't wait.

Kelly™

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2008
If I were to be buying an iPhone 16GB, which I will, I would most likely do it about February 26th.
But thats just a personal date I picked.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
What do you guys think of this idea??? :)

It would be just like the current iPhone but also with an iSight on the front. On the top right corner is like the album art flipper where you flip from the back camera to the front camera (no more fumbling to take a pic of yourself). The camera now takes pics and records videos as you can see on the bottom left and right and each is saved to its icon on the far left or right. Pics have all the current options plus the addition of posting to Flickr. Videos are saved in a video role with videos like the pics are now in photos. Videos can also be emailed, posted on .mac web gallery, or uploaded to YouTube. Pics and videos can also be done in landscape for widescreen.

Obviously they would also add an iChat AV app for this front iSight as well. So this is the draft of my implementation. You guys like? :)
Edit

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
So I am guessing this most recent update to the post pretty much confirms that there will be an update released with the SDK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.