Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p2s1u

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Kept my unlimited data plan and everything else remained the same. The order showed in the ATT status page the next morning, but shows the order date of 6/16, but the order was 'submitted' by me on the 15th.

Is there anybody that ordered through ATT and has a order date displaying the 15th in the status window? It seems as though all posts I've seen have order dates of the 16th.

My order date is for the 16th, but AT&T customer service told me this morning it was processed on the 15th and that I would receive my phone on the 24th. I don't trust that for a minute!

subie09lega

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2009
Order Date

My order date is for the 16th, but AT&T customer service told me this morning it was processed on the 15th and that I would receive my phone on the 24th. I don't trust that for a minute!

I checked mine this morning and it says the order date is June 15. I placed my order early morning on the 15th and got the confirmation email right after that.

HailToTheVictor

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2007
See my post above. I ordered on the 15th, but it was at 4:30 pm central time and the original reciept says orders after 4 pm central time will be processed the following business day.

That makes sense about processing the order the following day after 5pm EST, but I placed my order 3:30ish EST...

Basically no one has any idea at this point.

nnash

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Wow, earlier that day when the store came online after several failed attempts I started to think that I should just give up and wait a couple days until things settled down. Glad that I got lucky enough to sneak in before they pushed the ship date back to the 2nd. It looks like its only going to keep getting more and more delayed for people who preorder later.

Jules242

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
got my at&t confirmation email, says I ordered on the 16th, and just saw that my card has been charged :cool:

AntPhone

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
I checked mine this morning and it says the order date is June 15. I placed my order early morning on the 15th and got the confirmation email right after that.

Sounds like most folks ordered thru ATT not directly from Apple. True?

subie09lega

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2009
Sounds like most folks ordered thru ATT not directly from Apple. True?

I tried to order through Apple as I have in the past with two other iPhones but it booted me off for an hour. Other people reported having success with the AT&T site so I tried there and had no issues. That was before they had their meltdown later in the morning. I was up in the middle of the night trying and still had problems.

AntPhone

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Or the AT&T-ordering folks just have more to complain about. I ordered two, on-line, from Apple. Took 6 hours of trying, though.

When did you order? I have been trying since Tuesday...it fails at different points. I am wondering whether Apple is still taking pre-orders. No evidence to suggest otherwise tho.

AntPhone

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
I tried to order through Apple as I have in the past with two other iPhones but it booted me off for an hour. Other people reported having success with the AT&T site so I tried there and had no issues. That was before they had their meltdown later in the morning. I was up in the middle of the night trying and still had problems.

Me too :(

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
When did you order? I have been trying since Tuesday...it fails at different points. I am wondering whether Apple is still taking pre-orders. No evidence to suggest otherwise tho.

14th. finally got it to work around 4pm california time. Prior to that it generally failed at the stage where it checked with at&t. I think out of a hundred tries I got past that point 3 times, and each of those times it died before it could add the phone to my cart.

When I finally got one into my cart, and went back to add another (replacing a second phone), the second went through immediately.

AntPhone

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
14th. finally got it to work around 4pm california time. Prior to that it generally failed at the stage where it checked with at&t. I think out of a hundred tries I got past that point 3 times, and each of those times it died before it could add the phone to my cart.

When I finally got one into my cart, and went back to add another (replacing a second phone), the second went through immediately.

My envy is very high...I keep trying still. (In fact, I have an auto-fill program now so I dont have to keep typing my number, etc.)

vikingdave

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2008
Today my order is gone, it was listed yesterday

I ordered on the 15th from Apple for home delivery.

My credit card authorization has gone through and up until today the order was listed when I log into the store for a delivery date of June 24.

Today, the order is no longer listed. Has anyone else logged in to the Apple store today to check their order. Is your order still listed ?

Dave

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California

My credit card authorization has gone through and up until today the order was listed when I log into the store for a delivery date of June 24.

Today, the order is no longer listed. Has anyone else logged in to the Apple store today to check their order. Is your order still listed ?

Dave

both of mine are still listed.

bernadetteoc

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010

Dave

I ordered mine at like 3 am on the 15th and just checked and the order is still there processing, however I JUST NOW like an hour ago got a confirmation email saying they had received my request. Weird. Oh well, I did a screen shot of my receipt that had the time and everything so I have proof when I ordered it just in case something does happen! lol

bernadetteoc

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I ordered mine at like 3 am on the 15th and just checked and the order is still there processing, however I JUST NOW like an hour ago got a confirmation email saying they had received my request. Weird. Oh well, I did a screen shot of my receipt that had the time and everything so I have proof when I ordered it just in case something does happen! lol

Hmmm even stranger just checked my account and I was just billed this morning. Maybe I better call AT&T and make sure it all went through okay. I'm so not trusting them right now.

jasonvaughan

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2001
UK Pricing

The US pricing looks great:

16Gb $199
32Gb $299

UK Pricing
16Gb £499 (US$ 739)
32Gb £599 (US $887)

Is the US being subsidised by the phone providers or is Apple donating a large percentage of the UK price to the people affected by BPs oil spill??? If not, then the UK is really being shafted.

fmjordan23

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
It doesn't make sense to me that because you might be traveling when the pre-order date comes out that your only alternative is to have it sent to your home?? In all likelihood you will have to take it to the local AT&T store to get activated as the vast majority of those that purchase the phone will have questions or encounter difficulty? Why could I not call AT&T or have my local store reserve one for me?

There are those of us that actually work for a living and have better things to do , (like a JOB?!), than play footsies online or via the phone. Technology really hasn't advanced much if those don't work either?!

Do I want the new phone, sure......am I going to use a day of vacation to pre-order the darn thing......NO?! Great product and company but a terrible way to facilitate getting it to market. At this point I will just wait because there will be changes and in 3 months we will see them. Perhaps in 3 months Verizon will have it and I can show my displeasure with AT&T's handling of the launch by leaving.

fmjordan23

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
The US pricing looks great:

16Gb $199
32Gb $299

UK Pricing
16Gb £499 (US$ 739)
32Gb £599 (US $887)

Is the US being subsidised by the phone providers or is Apple donating a large percentage of the UK price to the people affected by BPs oil spill??? If not, then the UK is really being shafted.

I would think the retail price in any country has little to do with what the manufacturer is charging for the product. I would also imagine that when you are paying $2.50 + for the same Coca Cola we can get for $.75 in the US this is not the first time you have experienced the dramatic difference in the cost of living between the 2 countries. You also have to factor in the cost of transportation and distribution, taxes and so forth when making a comparison. I would also like to think that US companies do try to get a better profit from their exports to offset the abuse we take over losing jobs to other countries around the world.

spookmag

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2010
True Fanboy

Good thing I'm a real Fanboy and stayed home and tried from 6:00am to 5:00pm to pre-order my iphone 4 on the 15th. I finally got through around 5 and have received my confirmation from apple store for a June 24th delivery. Guess all the wanna be Fanboys will have to wait till mid July. I've done this every year since 2007 so I'm used to it.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
It doesn't make sense to me that because you might be traveling when the pre-order date comes out that your only alternative is to have it sent to your home?? In all likelihood you will have to take it to the local AT&T store to get activated as the vast majority of those that purchase the phone will have questions or encounter difficulty? Why could I not call AT&T or have my local store reserve one for me?

Huh? Activating couldn't be simpler.

And just pre-sign using the form on Apple's website (assuming you ordered from Apple) and instruct the driver to leave it with a neighbor.

Advance The Man

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2005
Here's my order status from At&t. It shows I ordered 6/15, but doesn't say when it will ship and has the 'Backordered' box marked. Not sure if this means it really is backordered or the status 'in progress' means all is okay. Who knows, one thing is I will not be calling them. Does anyone else show this same order status?

iPhoneOrderStatus.jpg

fmjordan23

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
Huh? Activating couldn't be simpler.

And just pre-sign using the form on Apple's website (assuming you ordered from Apple) and instruct the driver to leave it with a neighbor.

Went to my local AT&T store....it's amazing what a $25 bribe will do to make sure that you will get initial "inventory" without the online/phone hassle of pre-ordering.

esmith20

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Question

Is it possible to pre-order (2) phones at the subsidized price for 1 contract?
I.E. buy two 16gb for $199

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.