Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BreuerEditor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
New Jersey
Anyone else having an issue with iMessage after upgrading to iOS 7?

For some reason, my iMessages have been having spotty successful sending rates after upgrading to iOS 7. All messages don't send through iMessage and I have to resend the messages as text messages in order for them to go through. If I restart my phone, for some reason that helps with messages being sent as iMessage, but after a while, it goes back to not working.

I'm on an iPhone 5 Verizon.

Hope I'm not the only one having an issue with this...quite annoying...:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

ttinc

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
It's been happening to me lately as well...only fix I've found is to restart the phone.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I had this problem. Turning off iMessages, waiting a bit and turning it back on resolved it.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
I noticed the problem after upgrading to 7.0.2. I have a Sprint iPhone 5 and the iMessages would sit in a sending status for a long time. I never waited long enough to see what happened as I just deleted the messages while they were in sending status.

Rebooting the phone helped me but Im curious if the problem will persist.

SteveAbootman

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2008
Have not updated to 7.0.2 yet, but noticing this on my iPhone 5 w/ 7.0 installed. Seeing it only happen with group messages so far. Only solution I've found is to restart the phone which for me is difficult to do as my lock button is broken.

Hoping Apple puts out another patch release to fix this, can be rather annoying.

Lukkee24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
London
I thought it was just me. I'm having the same problem and like someone above, rebooting the phone fixes it for me (even if only temporarily) - but turning iMessage off and on doesn't fix it for me.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Same issue. AT&T iPhone 5 on 7.0.2. The problem just started today and was working fine since I updated to 7.0.2 last week. Occurs with both single and group messages. Restarting fixed it for now.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
I too had this issue occur the other day ok my iPhone 5. I tried turning off iMessage and turning it back on but it didn't fix it. I ended up rebooting the phone and it was fine. Only happened after updating to 7.02

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Same here. I wonder if this is server side triggering an iOS 7 bug? I see TONS of people on Twitter bitching about it if you search for "iMessage".

EDIT: I bet iMessage is supposed to timeout after failing to send, and this timeout is broken. So they get stuck forever in the sending state. You think this sort of **** would be caught in unit testing, but nooo.

Last edited:

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
I disabled iMessage
Reset Network Settings
Enabled iMessage

This was for 7.0.2 ... 5 & 5S .. iPhone & iPad

djdsas

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2008
Same for me. issues on 7.0 and 7.02.

Restarting didn't fix.

Fix for me was same as previous poster:

Turn off iMessage.

Reset Network settings

Turn iMessage back on

fixed

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
I too had this issue yesterday and just reset network settings and that seemed to fix it until it happened again today. I reset the network settings again to fix. Let me try the previously posted fix now!

N-Y

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009
this is getting to become a frustrating issue... i dont want to have to turn off and on my phone everyday!

I know there is a bug in 7.02... never had issue with 7.0

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
this is getting to become a frustrating issue... i dont want to have to turn off and on my phone everyday!

I know there is a bug in 7.02... never had issue with 7.0

It is quite annoying! I'm hoping I don't have any further problems after my last reset of network settings.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
I've turned my phone on and off at least 9 times and have reset my network settings multiple times within the last week. This is not a suitable workaround, and hopefully Apple takes notice and corrects the problem.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I've turned my phone on and off at least 9 times and have reset my network settings multiple times within the last week. This is not a suitable workaround, and hopefully Apple takes notice and corrects the problem.

I'm certain it will be fixed as it's an obvious bug many are experiencing.

However, I'm still disappointed at Apple. There is no excuse for this bug in a release product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.