Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sherwinzadeh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Hey guys,

We've been working on a little hack to turn the camera flash on the iPhone 4 into a quick and convenient Flashlight. Here's a YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53a7MroA-7Y

Power Light is now out and we're making it FREE!
Download now for FREE

Here is the app icon:
xm6us5

And screen shots:
3b11to
ffb8tl

9hqcnx
ekeeym

If you enjoy Power Light, I'd really appreciate a review and a rating in iTunes/App Store and if you have any feedback, feel free to let me know in this forum.

Thanks,

Sherwin

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Saw this coming from the moment they announced the led flash;). With all of the flashlight apps in the app store, it was a given.

xtend

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2009
I thought thats a standard feature or api that is available.. If so, then what comes next?

iPhone 4 hacked to have a retina display? :D

Maybe i'm wrong... :(

Press22

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas
Well I'm not giving my UDID but that's how the enterprise app sharing works
you give the dev a UDID and he can send you the app.
There's even people who sell apps through paypal and do it this way so that Apple doesn't get a cut of their sales :eek:

-PsYcHoNoVa-

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2009
My friend has a flashlight app utilizing the devices camera flash for his Android. It's pretty cool and comes in handy.

mqguitar

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
wow awesome this is just the app i would love to have on my phone once i pick it up tomorrow. Will help a lot trying to run around backstage in the dark!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.