0 Leak on early real world Face ID Feedback?

BiscottiGelato

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Seriously? So we are gonna be going into this virtually blind? For all we know Face ID only works on Tim Cook and nobody else!

BiscottiGelato

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
I'm saying there's 0 independent review on FaceID?

Why do we have to 'trust' Apple? If everybody just 'trusts' Apple then why do people even make and read reviews?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Why do we have to 'trust' Apple?
Again, do you really believe that they would release a security feature that would jeopardize millions of iPhone users for the sake of something that they haven't tested? There's not much logic behind your post, let alone the back history of this company and how they value privacy and security.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
When have they ever blown it on a major feature? Everything they've put out in the iPhone era has been delivered as promised.
Apple Maps & MobileMe are the biggest blunders I believe. ^_^
[doublepost=1508839963][/doublepost]
There's an embargo on reviews until release of the product. It is always like that. Reviews at release time increases hype. 1 month old reviews does not.

Why do we have to 'trust' Apple? If everybody just 'trusts' Apple then why do people even make and read reviews?
Erh, you don't have to trust them? Nobody is forcing you to buy their products.

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
Seriously? So we are gonna be going into this virtually blind? For all we know Face ID only works on Tim Cook and nobody else!
There is nothing stopping you from waiting until there are reviews and even trying it yourself when there are demo units in stores before you buy.

Seriously, this launch has inspired the most ridiculous threads.

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2008

do you use everything before you buy it or see reviews?
You have a return window. try it for two weeks or less. If it doesn't do what you want. Return it.
Case closed...
[doublepost=1508846731][/doublepost]
The iPhone 4 antenna
A lot has changed in 7 years...
Seems like tech companies dont make big mistakes anymore. Besides Samsung with the note last year. Biggest fail in my opinion.
Makes the antenna band issue laughable.

Diving Capers

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2017
do you use everything before you buy it or see reviews?
You have a return window. try it for two weeks or less. If it doesn't do what you want. Return it.
Case closed...
[doublepost=1508846731][/doublepost]
A lot has changed in 7 years...
Seems like tech companies dont make big mistakes anymore. Besides Samsung with the note last year. Biggest fail in my opinion.
Makes the antenna band issue laughable.

Not the point. My post is both correct an factual. It answered the question I quoted without bashing or apologizing on Apple's behalf.

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
No one is forcing you to buy the X. You are more than welcome to not pre order and wait a year to see what happens with FaceID.

Did you have this same logic when buying an iPhone with TouchID?

sdwaltz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana
Apple not only has a responsibility to their customers, but to their shareholders.

With that in mind, do you really think FaceID doesn't work as advertised? Do you think Apple would release a feature with such an important job before it's ready for primetime? I realize Apple Maps was flawed on release (never used MobileMe so no comment there) but if FaceID doesn't work, they're selling $1,000 paperweights. Neither the customers nor the shareholders will take kindly to that and they'll go buy something else.

Apple doesn't want that.

DevinNj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I DON'T GET IT! Suddenly everyone's a covert operative and their phones contain nuke launch codes. If you have doubts or if you don't like it don't buy it. Done deal, it's that simple. I've never seen so much animosity towards a device which hasn't even been released yet.

Jimpilot

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
No
;)
I DON'T GET IT! Suddenly everyone's a covert operative and their phones contain nuke launch codes. If you have doubts or if you don't like it don't buy it. Done deal, it's that simple. I've never seen so much animosity towards a device which hasn't even been released yet.
Well there are some pictures that I don't want to get out........;)

Reactions: DevinNj

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The iPhone 4 antenna
Seems like that phone sold like crazy and petty much everyone used it just fine. Not that there's wasn't something there, just that it wasn't exactly something that came even close to being "blown".

Reactions: Ntombi