Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I believe that was clarified before in the sense that those apps would be calling an authentication API within iOS and that would perform the authentication and return whether it succeeded or not to the app (with the authentication being done on the device within iOS itself based on what the user has chosen to use, be it Touch ID or Face ID).
I’m happy with that :)

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I'll have to disagree that it was 1% of devices effected only. Way higher percentage than that depending on the particular generation of device and issue.
And some of them where not quickly resolved, some were denied and ignored and others were quietly resolved with the next iPhone release. ;)
Believe whatever you want.
You can only get your money back within 14 days. And in sone cases the hardware issues didn't appear till passed the first 2 weeks and in some cases after the 1 year standard warranty expired.

Manufactured paranoia. One more stock for the rest of us.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Many of the things I posted are real.
Some smaller issues and other more major than others effecting some batches of iPhones and not others;)

So what your describing is manufacturing/quality issues?

Something very very common when mass manufacturing. Considering Apple makes 200 million iPhone a year even having a few hundred to a thousand of the same issue is less than 1%

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
So what your describing is manufacturing/quality issues?

Something very very common when mass manufacturing. Considering Apple makes 200 million iPhone a year even having a few hundred to a thousand of the same issue is less than 1%

Again, judging by previous iphone issues there were a high percentage of manufacturer defects/design issues/bad internal or external components etc over the years. All the iphone 6 plus models for example had a weak metal plate that caused it to bend easier and have the touch disease issues and the 6S Plus addressed that and that was proven by stress tests and device tear-downs. That issue was resolved with the 6S release. That's a fact.
Im not saying that the same will happen with this particular release but chances are there could be issues with such new design and changes and that's the reason some wait for the 2nd year "S" model release to address any initial first year issues.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
Again, judging by previous iphone issues there were a high percentage of manufacturer defects/design issues/bad internal or external components etc over the years. All the iphone 6 plus models for example had a weak metal plate that caused it to bend easier and have the touch disease issues and the 6S Plus addressed that and that was proven by stress tests and device tear-downs. That issue was resolved with the 6S release. That's a fact.
Im not saying that the same will happen with this particular release but chances are there could be issues with such new design and changes and that's the reason some wait for the 2nd year "S" model release to address any initial first year issues.

Perspective. Every smartphone of similar size to the 6 Plus bent under similar force during that generation. I used mine for a year without a case, no bends. My parents still have their original 6 Pluses intact. And if it happened to bend? You get a new one, free, immediately. Leaving you the whole year to use the device, minus the one day you got your phone replaced.

Or you could cut the whole year out and skip the device, if you're nuts.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Perspective. Every smartphone of similar size to the 6 Plus bent under similar force during that generation. I used mine for a year without a case, no bends. My parents still have their original 6 Pluses intact. And if it happened to bend? You get a new one, free, immediately. Leaving you the whole year to use the device, minus the one day you got your phone replaced.

Or you could cut the whole year out and skip the device, if you're nuts.

Same here, but you get the point that they did reinforce the structure of the 6S just for that reason. They made the improvement because many people had the touch disease cause of the bend and flex of the body of the phone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Same here, but you get the point that they did reinforce the structure of the 6S just for that reason. They made the improvement because many people had the touch disease cause of the bend and flex of the body of the phone.
To be fair, it's also possible that what they did with the 6s was something they were planning to do with it even before/beside anything related to touch disease.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
To be fair, it's also possible that what they did with the 6s was something they were planning to do with it even before/beside anything related to touch disease.

True, but obviously now there is no bending issues or touch disease with the 6S and phones after that.
So they learn from passed mistakes, address the issue and improve the next years design;) Just like with everything else including the first years touch ID and the improvements and evolution of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.