1.1.3 the most glitchy apple firmware?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cparkphoto, Jan 19, 2008.

1. cparkphoto macrumors member

So since updating to 1.1.3 I've slowly gotten the feeling that this may be the most glitchy update I have dealt with from apple for nearly any one of their products. It seems that they completely skipped their testing. The fact that halfmy Bluetooth connections don't work, the phone occasionally tells me the battery is dead for a min when it really has 25% left. These are just the most annoying problems. Wish I had just kept my jailbroken 1.1.2. Anybody else having similar feelings?

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I'm not loving it. Yes I like multiple messaging editable home screen but its come at a price.. I'm now unable to connect to wifi outside of my home because by iPhone doesnt talk to routers properly anymore so I get assigned a dummy IP address :-(, its quite annoying

This problem seems fairly well documented on apples support discussions as well as the BT issue so hopefully we see a resolution soon!

Edit: btw ive come from a non jailbroken 1.1.2 so its not just ex JB phones with probs :-/

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I actually like the 1.1.3 update. I can finally use internet sharing on my MBP and my iPhone actually works with it now using it's built in WiFi. This means that I can use my Sprint Broadband card and share it's 3G connection with my iPhone.

The only problem I have found is that the iPhone no longer pairs with my Garmin Nuvi 680 GPS via the bluetooth. This won't be convenient while on vacation but hopefully by then, it will be fixed.

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I've had no problems with Bluetooth or wireless connections but do have problems when streaming movies using telekinesis: skipping forwards will occasionally cause the video player to abort.

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I've had no issues and actually find safri more stable.

6. ThomasShaped macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Safari is crashing every few minutes for me :(

7. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Try a restore, mines been fine since updating, no glitches at all.

8. Yossarian macrumors member

Safari seems more robust with multiple tabs but the SMS ordering bug is very annoying. I'd love to know how that got through QA...

9. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

Apple undoubtedly rushed this update to have it in time for MWSF last week. I'm sure the next update will be focused on fixing everything that may have been broken in the process. Let's hope so anyway! ;)

I currently don't use Bluetooth for anything, and WiFi continues to be reliable for me... The biggest change in behavior I'm noticing is Safari is more stable.

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Garmin fix for 1.1.3 update

Other people found the trick to fix this:

Hit restore and choose "set up as new iPhone". Use the same name as before if you wish.

Once it's set up and resynched, you should be able to pair with the Garmin.

11. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

My iPod touch has crashed many times and I've had to do loads of forceful restarts. 1.1.3 is very glitchy!

12. ajl917 macrumors 6502

I find this update not only the most useless, but also the most glitchy. Looking around forums, you didnt see anyone having problems with 1.0.2, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, but people without iBrickr etc. are saying that their phone is bricked because of it. Also, all this update did was implement everything that jailbroken iPhones had since about 1.0.2/1.1.1...

13. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

All the bugs I have seen reported all seek to relate to augmented settings.

The failed wifi settings actually sound like an issue with your routers DHCP settings since the iPhone lacks the proper settings variables to alter the way it interacts with routers all to heavily.

14. cparkphoto thread starter macrumors member

yes the SMS problem is extremely strange. Has anybody else ever had the problem with battery levels like I described? Twice since updating my iPhone has declared the battery dead and given me the screen saying it should be connected to a chargers. Only minutes later when I tried to use it again it showed it wasn't even in the redzone?! Suggestions?

15. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

no problems here. Love the new map features and web clippings. Checked my bluetooth connections and they are fine.

16. snapper07 macrumors 6502

the new features are ok not life changing at all could have lived with out them, but the phone has become v buggy little things like someone just called me at the end of the call the end call button was at the top of the screen way to the left so you could just see the the edge of it and not press it!
    the phone just feels allot less stable!
    role on next update

17. mrtravel123 macrumors regular

This update has been the only glitchy one for me. It started with lots of difficulty trying to get 1.1.3 onto my phone. The phone essentially wouldn't "backup" prior to installing 1.1.3. I ended up getting it on there... but at sacrificing all of my custom settings on my phone. And, at one point all of the photos within my contacts were shuffled. Thus, each person had someone else's photo. I think everything is fixed now, except I have yet to re-enter my "favorites" in my contact list.

Safari pages seem to close randomly.

The battery says I need to charge it... but after placing it on the charger it says it is about 60+% charged.

Sometimes dragging an icon on the home screen is difficult if you're trying to drag it to another page. I still haven't figured out why it sometimes easily moves to the second page... and other times I have to try a few times.

The signal strength indicator... that could be quirky too. Not sure if it's the phone... or just AT&T having problems in our area.

18. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I wish you could hide apps. Looks like they ripped off Summerboard not Customize.

19. ventro macrumors 6502a

Looks like this was a stop-gap update to hold us over till 1.1.4 + SDK, and eat up some Keynote time.

Apple looks ...distracted right now. They are probably working on something big (iTablet) that they are focused on. This is similar to Apple in 2006 when they were busy working on the iPhone and we saw a lot of stop-gap updates and processor bumps.

20. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I have an iPod touch but experienced an iPod crash this evening, that wasn't very helpful. That being said, it has happened before, so it's not a new thing.

21. Chrispy88 macrumors member

Strange - 1.1.3 has literally been the most stable update so far. Though, I don't use anything with the bluetooth and I think that the 'locate me' feature in Google Maps is kind of a waste of time!

22. dawnraid macrumors regular

No problems for me, I think this is probably the LEAST buggy update for the ipdt.

23. ImAliveUK macrumors member

ImAliveUK

SMS time stamping

I was in Las Vegas for a few days and everytime i text, it was fine but when my friends in the UK text back it uses the time they sent theirs from the UK - so the iPhone puts them in time order - my texts were in Vegas time , theirs was UK time - hence their replies were placed after my texts.

Does that make sense? lol

Kev

24. iPhelim macrumors regular

i haven't had any problems so far, i suppose as i don't use a bluetooth headset, i would never use one.

Safari is a lot more stable come to think of it, my music used to just stop playing suddenly sometimes if i had 4 or more tabs open on EDGE

25. iPhelim macrumors regular

hahahah! omg, i have not heard of that happening before!