Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aosman

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
I feel that 1.1.3 is pretty glitchy as well. Mail is not as stable as it was for me on previous updates.

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Talk about bugs - when I hold down an icon, it starts to move around, like its getting jiggy with itself. This has to be the mother of all bugs! ;)

ifonline

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Braselton, Georgia
I have had Safari just stop and then close on me. It has only done it once, so I have no idea what happened, but browsing the same site prior to the 1.1.3 OS, this didn't happen to me.

I have also experienced the odd SMS behavior of my reply showing up before the text sent by the other party. Very strange and annoying.

My concern is that as history as a guide, we won't see a fix to this for several months. That doesn't make me feel so good...

zetsurin

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I actually like the 1.1.3 update. I can finally use internet sharing on my MBP and my iPhone actually works with it now using it's built in WiFi. This means that I can use my Sprint Broadband card and share it's 3G connection with my iPhone.

The only problem I have found is that the iPhone no longer pairs with my Garmin Nuvi 680 GPS via the bluetooth. This won't be convenient while on vacation but hopefully by then, it will be fixed.

Well that's strange because I share my 3G internet via my macbook to my 1.1.2 iPhone and it works perfectly well.

hockeysc23

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
I haven't had any troubles at all. It seems my battery even lasts longer, although this may just be my imagination. I love the ability to move around apps, and my google maps is great.

eashworth

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2007
Contacts not syncing properly in 1.1.3

Since upgrading to 1.1.3, my Contacts will not sync properly. I have over 1500 contacts on my laptop, but only 535 on my iPhone now. After our system engineer spent over 2 hours on the phone with Apple tech support on Friday (1/18/08), no solution found. Tried resets, restores, forced syncing, etc. Nothing worked. My colleague also has this problem since upgrading to 1.1.3. The problem has been escalated at Apple, but still no resolution. Apple tech stated that it was a "known issue" with 1.1.3 but they did not have a solution.

Anyone else having this problem and does anyone have a solution.

Island Dog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
St. Cloud, FL.
The only problems I have come across so far is the wi-fi won't connect to my home network sometimes, and I have to restart the iPhone to get it to work.

I also have noticed podcasts crashing quite a bit.

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
Since upgrading to 1.1.3, my Contacts will not sync properly. I have over 1500 contacts on my laptop, but only 535 on my iPhone now. After our system engineer spent over 2 hours on the phone with Apple tech support on Friday (1/18/08), no solution found. Tried resets, restores, forced syncing, etc. Nothing worked. My colleague also has this problem since upgrading to 1.1.3. The problem has been escalated at Apple, but still no resolution. Apple tech stated that it was a "known issue" with 1.1.3 but they did not have a solution.

Anyone else having this problem and does anyone have a solution.
My wifes OTB 1.1.2 had similar issues after upgrading to 1.1.3
She didn't have near as many contacts as you list, but the issue is similar.
She could only get about 40 of her 100+ contacts to sync.
Mid way through the sync process, the phone would reboot for no reason.
Part of her issue was the pics she used for her Contacts were too big.
I resized them to the iPhone's native resolution and then wiped and re synced all of her contacts and the crashing stopped and all of her contacts will now sync.
If you assigned pics to your contacts on your laptop, double check their size and type. Turns out that 1.1.3 does not like gifs and bmps as contact pics.

whawhat

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2006
I feel that 1.1.3 is pretty glitchy as well. Mail is not as stable as it was for me on previous updates.

yes, my mail freezes all the time with 1.1.3. also, after reading thru my messages, the red new mail indicator does not go away like it use too...

other little problems i am experiencing w/ the 1.1.3 are my signal goes from five bars to zero quite often, which leads to phone calls being dropped, the "E" flashes in and out, and my contacts don't sync correctly (it syncs only the name but not the phone no. and address), and my sms messages are out of order.....yikes

i do like the multi-text message though...

snapper07

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
yet more glitches today safari keeps crashing and had another case of it shutting itself down and restarting! Had more in the last few days than in the last two months!

mcvaughan

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2007
Houston, TX
The one glitch that has me in fits is Mail's inability to download some HTML emails. You can click on the download button but nothing happens.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Perfectly fine update for me. I use bluetooth w/the Apple Bluetooth, I use wifi and have had no shutdowns, glitches or problems. I had one hang call that froze the screen, did a reset and all works perfect...at the time I had the Flash Drive almost full (only 200mb free). Once I did the reset, i made sure I had over 700mb free and have not had another problem since.

Hope the rest of you figure out your issues and get up and crankin!

PatrickC

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
I notice that even after several full restores, this update hurts my battery life much more than 1.1.2. If the phone is completely charged before I go to bed (bluetooth and wifi turned off), its down to about a 60% charge 7 hours later.

Looking in the Apple Discussion forum, it appears others are having this same issue with the update.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
My battery life is about the same. After recharging my battery last night and unplugging it about 4PM last night, my battery indicator still shows a completly full battery. I go about three days between charges.

ncsmith4

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
yes the SMS problem is extremely strange. Has anybody else ever had the problem with battery levels like I described? Twice since updating my iPhone has declared the battery dead and given me the screen saying it should be connected to a chargers. Only minutes later when I tried to use it again it showed it wasn't even in the redzone?! Suggestions?

YES! Twice so far. An extremely "wtf" type problem...

lakerholic

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2007
Most glitchy firmware update for me by far (never had the below issues before this update):

1) Bluetooth disconnects from my car kit on a daily basis
2) Black screen when home button is pressed
3) Wifi disconnect issues

4) And the strangest glitch of all: the other day, I missed a call, and when I went to my call log, it showed the last number I had dialed in the form of a contact file, but with the Missed/All tab at the top. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to get out of that screen... until, of course, I rebooted.

Five of my friends are all experiencing 1, 2, 3 above by the way.. so I don't believe this to be an isolated incident.

1.1.4 couldn't come any faster for me...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.