1-18-08

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OutThere, Jul 30, 2007.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Anyone seen the trailer for this '1-18-08' yet? It's attached to reels of Transformers which is in theaters right now. The untitled film project is code-named the 'Cloverfield Project' and created by JJ Abrams, the guy who produces Lost. Could be kind of cool, I've really enjoyed Lost (at least until the latter half of the latest season). Hopefully it retains its focus, unlike Lost.

It's an interesting idea, but it has a lot to live up to, being hyped the way it is.

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/
    Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield
    IMdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

[​IMG]

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I saw the trailer about a week ago and thought it looked interesting. I'm not a fan of "Lost", mostly because I missed the first season and a half and it left me, well... lost...

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah, I saw the trailer before Transformers too. Looks cool.

I wonder what it's about, though. Some speculate that it's a spin-off of Lost. But does Lost have monsters? I never watched the show, so I have no clue.

4. invasian macrumors regular

invasian

I'm definitely interested in it. The viral marketing has brought me in. I've even gone to ethanhaaswasright.com to solve the puzzles. I googled for the answer on some of them though.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I just watched the trailer it looks interesting, I'll have to check it out when it is released.

6. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

It's Godzilla!

I think it's Godzilla, but no one buys it. It's soooo Godzilla!

7. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

I spent 50% of my day trying to figure out the plot. They're filming on the Lower East Side tomorrow. I don't know what time, but I'm planning on going down there.

8. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea that looked like a really cool trailer. Reminded me a lot of War Of The Worlds. I like the way they shot the trailer like it was a done on a handcam. It was intense. I'm looking forward to it. I like armegeddon/apocalyptic movies.

9. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Cool trailer but i could see it being a big letdown. I'll hold judgment until more info comes out...

10. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

It looked cool until I saw the Statue of Liberty head fall into the street. Ugh.

Still interested to see what the final product is all about.

11. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

THANK YOU!

I saw the trailer before Transformers, and couldn't figure out why they had a trailer that didn't show the name of the movie!

12. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Is that some kind of animal claw that scraped through the Statue of Liberty?

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's one of them cross-over films. Jurrasic Park 4 meets... Honey I grew the kids?

14. bartelby macrumors Core

I never watched Lost either, but apparently it had Polar bears.

Polar bears on a tropical island...

15. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Looks interesting. I like the filming style, although all the voiceovers were a little corny, like "Oh my God!" and "What kind of animal makes that sound?!" and how Rob and his friends seem to stick around and peer down the street just for the sake of the camera having a reason to stay, while everyone else runs for their lives. IMO it would've been better if they had been running as well but the camera man looks back once in a while. :)

Still looks good though.

[Edit] I haven't seen all of Lost but isn't the monster some sort of weird black cloud thing that's not very big and probably wouldn't be able to rip off Lady Liberty's head?

16. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

[fake chinese accent]
    It looks like Godzilla, but due to international copyright laws... its not.
    [/fake chinese accent]

17. invasian macrumors regular

invasian

I think the filiming style is just a teaser and that's not how the movie actually is. But yea, Lost's Smokey is not the monster that rips off lady liberty's head. I think this is a like an alien vs. gods type of movie.

And on a sidenote, your avatar gave me a momentary shock, as I thought there was a fly inside my monitor. Touche, touche...

18. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'm seeing Transformers tonight so I'll deifnitely watch for this - sounds intriguing. I enjoy it when they do things like this to keep you guessing. :)

Mind you, I hope it lives up to whatever potential its built up already. I remember seeing a similar teaser trailer for Titan AE in the theaters (I think it was before Independence Day? Or was it The Matrix? :confused: ). It looked really cool and promising at the time, little did we know.... :eek: ;)

19. theperson macrumors member

You guys are late.. internet's been following this like crazy.. Start at Slusho for their viral stuff.

20. iGav macrumors G3

Intriguing... though I do hope it's not another Godzilla movie.

21. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

That is the intended effect. ;)

22. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Looks interesting, though I have no idea what the movie is about based on the trailer other than a party with some guy named rob moving to Japan and flying balls of fire.

23. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    I'm with you - I really enjoy movies that destroy New York (Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow, Deep Impact, etc.) but nine times out of ten they're terrible. Plus, this is being released in January, which for Hollywood is like the Bermuda Triangle or the massive dead zone in the Gulf of Mexico - if they thought it could compete during blockbuster season, it would be out in November/December or May/June.

24. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Its a monster movie but I'm not going to say if its zilla(don't think paramount owns the right to zilla) or not. I heard some interesting theories about the monster but it will come out soon enough.

Interesting indeed....there is also interesting trailer about another movie.

http://movies.go.com/signal/d889813/horror

Bless