Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
Guys, It took a moment to do (all day) but finally coded an in-App PPCStore downloader :D, Doesn't open any browser anymore :D

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Guys, It took a moment to do (all day) but finally coded an in-App PPCStore downloader :D, Doesn't open any browser anymore :D
YES!!! That's great! On slower Macs, firing up a browser can take up to 10 seconds, so this will be really useful!
[doublepost=1500569241][/doublepost]
ik the drama ye archive site is one of the problem it is one of the reasons that they will never colab still a good idea and if @gavinstubbs09 lets @SourceSunTom some of his files and ideas and if tom gives him credit that would be awesome still thanks both of them for their effort
Honestly, maybe a little competition is good! :D It pushes the makers of the big three software collections (PPCAppStore, PPCStore, and PPC Archive) to make their service better, easier, and have more software. Like Tom made his app have a built-in downloader so it can compete with the PPCAppStore (well, that's probably not the very reason he did it, but you get the idea; competition can be good).

This is all great for me, the user, because I get the best services possible.
[doublepost=1500571146][/doublepost]Tom, may I ask how you plan to implement the blurred dock? Will it be the only option in terms of docks, or will the installer offer a choice between white, black, and blurred?

Also, does it have a hitbox problem?

Last edited:

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
Tom, may I ask how you plan to implement the blurred dock? Will it be the only option in terms of docks, or will the installer offer a choice between white, black, and blurred?
Also, does it have a hitbox problem?
No hit box problems, Default option, 0.5% of cpu (i improved it), Because dealing with 3docks isn't practical, i will only keep the blur one :)
[doublepost=1500571611][/doublepost]And btw!

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
No hit box problems, Default option, 0.5% of cpu (i improved it), Because dealing with 3docks isn't practical, i will only keep the blur one :)
[doublepost=1500571611][/doublepost]And btw!
Agreed. I did like the black dock though. I and @AphoticD use the black dock + black menu bar with Nocturne to get a dark mode. So, leaving the black dock in there would be nice. ;)

And I love the way that downloading is implemented!
[doublepost=1500573599][/doublepost]Just a tiny little suggestion for 1.2 here, it may be kind of obvious, but you could include the High Sierra wallpaper and call it a High Sierra theme. The wallpaper is all that's changed. :D

Reactions: z970

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
Agreed. I did like the black dock though. I and @AphoticD use the black dock + black menu bar with Nocturne to get a dark mode. So, leaving the black dock in there would be nice. ;)

And I love the way that downloading is implemented!
[doublepost=1500573599][/doublepost]Just a tiny little suggestion for 1.2 here, it may be kind of obvious, but you could include the High Sierra wallpaper and call it a High Sierra theme. The wallpaper is all that's changed. :D
I already have the wallpaper ready for 1.2 xD I've already planned that
And for the black dock, no need for an other dock as if you have a dark wallpaper your dock will be dark too :D

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
I already have the wallpaper ready for 1.2 xD I've already planned that
And for the black dock, no need for an other dock as if you have a dark wallpaper your dock will be dark too :D
True, a dark wallpaper is all that's needed! :D

I installed the theme on my iMac G4, and, just like every time I install it, it looks better than I remember. ;) Since you keep pushing the screenshots, I'll post a few. ;)

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Here is the theme on my iMac G4. The Safari icon is WebKit (which is what I'm using now). I plan to download some apps from the PPCStore later to fill up that dock a bit more.
ATM.png Desktop.png Finder.png PPCStore.png
Posted from my iMac G4.

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
Here is the theme on my iMac G4. The Safari icon is WebKit (which is what I'm using now). I plan to download some apps from the PPCStore later to fill up that dock a bit more.
View attachment 709361 View attachment 709362 View attachment 709363 View attachment 709364
Posted from my iMac G4.
I'll try getting everything ready for a release tomorrow !
If you want to help me feel free to list me apps in your application folder so that i can plan to add them to the powerpc store :)

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
If you want to help me feel free to list me apps in your application folder so that i can plan to add them to the powerpc store :)
Yes, I do have a few suggestions. :)

-Leopard-WebKit. It's updated constantly, so the newest version is much newer than the version in the store.

-LibreOffice or OpenOffce. An app store needs an office suite. One of these free, open source ones would be great! Oh yeah, NeoOffice is good too.

-CorePlayer

-Dronecatcher's YT scripts

-Text editors/note takers. Some good ones would be Bean, Notational Velocity, ViJournal Lite, VoodooPad, etc.

-OnyX for Leopard

-Latest QuickTime Player for Leo (7.7). You can't get it through Software Update for some reason, the only way to get it if from Apple's website.

I'm sure I have more, I'll think of them later! :D But these are the top ones I'd like to see.
[doublepost=1500576108][/doublepost]
That'd be amazing if we could have it tomorrow, but don't rush it. If anything needs work, take your time! :)
[doublepost=1500576184][/doublepost]2 more suggestions. ;)

-Purge. Very necessary on older Macs.

-PPC Media Center

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
I have some more suggestions, Tom.

AppCleaner - Very simple to use application uninstaller, which also uninstalls plugins, widgets, preference panes, and more.

Paintbrush - Simple drawing app for the occasional doodle. A lot like Microsoft Paint.

(Totally up to you on whether you want to include this or not. But of course, it all is.) Adobe Creative Suite 2 - Adobe released download links and serial numbers to this app suite in like 2015, because it was so old and wouldn't function with anything newer than 10.6. Its page on Macintosh Garden can give you a lead.

Minecraft 1.5.1 - The one made by 128keaton, here on MacRumors. Here's the link. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-cider-powerpcs-minecraft-solution.1827849/

I especially second what Henry said on Onyx and Webkit. I also second Henry on you not needing to rush for tomorrow. There is absolutely no constraint, or deadline. This sucker could release next season, as long as it's polished and you're not pressured. Doesn't matter. :)

Speaking of...

Henry, I like your new picture. Keep rocking. ;)

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll add them ;), speaking of apps I'm going to add a very special one...

I found an old version of Alfred, the thing is it isn't supported anymore (you can't buy it) but I have a key :),
I may include it in the PPCStore as it's impossible to get one, and if Alfred contacts me some how I'll remove it lol
[doublepost=1500627922][/doublepost]For users that don't know, Yosemite's spotlight is a rip off of Alfred (Alfred you can customise to look like Yosemite :))

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
The LeopardRebirth update should be uploaded and finished in about 1h!
The Leopard PPCStore will be available tomorrow normally:)

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
I'll try it when it has an uninstaller.

But I'm positive it's already a 95% complete replica of Sierra. I hope everyone who downloads it has fun. :)

Good job, Tom. You've done very good work here. :)

Keep rocking.

Reactions: AmazingHenry

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
I'll try it when it has an uninstaller.

But I'm positive it's already a 95% complete replica of Sierra. I hope everyone who downloads it has fun. :)

Good job, Tom. You've done very good work here. :)

Keep rocking.
Is it already Christmas? Thank you for this awesome gift! I'll try it as soon as I can!

LeopardRebirth 1.2 now released :)

Changelog:

New awesome blur dock!
New update system
New PPCStore download system
PPCStore now compatible with Leopard
Added High-Sierra wallpaper
Removed old docks
And more...

Unknown.png

[doublepost=1500673722][/doublepost]
If you’ll let me beta test when it’s ready for that, I’ll do another video about the release. I can even compare it using my hackintosh
If you do a video on the update, be sure to record the installation process ;)

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
LeopardRebirth 1.2 now released :)

Changelog:

New awesome blur dock!
New update system
New PPCStore download system
PPCStore now compatible with Leopard
Added High-Sierra wallpaper
Removed old docks
And more...

View attachment 709507

[doublepost=1500673722][/doublepost]
If you do a video on the update, be sure to record the installation process ;)

That's absolutely gorgeous.

Tom, I want to shake your hand.

Reactions: SourceSunTom

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
New PPCStore apps:
  • TonVidKit,
  • Alfred,
  • Djay,
  • Libreoffice 5,
  • Libreoffice 4,
  • PPC Media Center,
  • FileZilla,
  • Gimp,
  • f.lux,
  • Bean,
  • Adobe Air (lol),
  • OnyX,
  • HandBrake,
  • PaintBrush
[doublepost=1500675160][/doublepost]Installing apps is REALY fast with the new download thing :)
I'll add more apps later..

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
HO LEE CRAP THAT INTRO VIDEO WAS AMAZING!!!!

My PowerBook feels brand new. Took a little finagling with the accessibility options, but man this is AWESOME.

Video to follow. I’m rushing this one out.

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
HO LEE CRAP THAT INTRO VIDEO WAS AMAZING!!!!

My PowerBook feels brand new. Took a little finagling with the accessibility options, but man this is AWESOME.

Video to follow. I’m rushing this one out.

Video? What video? Where?!

You don't mean...

TOM ACTUALLY INCLUDED AN INTRODUCTORY VIDEO AFTER INSTALLATION FOR LEOPARD REBIRTH?!

Reactions: Adamscomputerrepair
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.