Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
View attachment 681570
Finally, it's here...
This last couple of months I made a complete macOS Sierra theme with help from BlocMirrior, from skratch, I used no public resources whatsoever!.

Many thanks to:
@gavinstubbs09 ,
@HFTaylor12,
@Gamer9430,
@MacCubed
And all the MacRumors PowerPC users! :D

Remade the design

View attachment 681571
This theme includes an all new design, Firelights, Checkboxes, Tab buttons, Buttons, scroll bars, folder icons, app icons, dock, wallpapers, and much more!!!

Discover new apps with the all new PPCStore!

View attachment 681572

This store only has a few apps for now, but much more will be added soon :D
It's installed with this package :)

Screenshots

View attachment 709505

View attachment 686172

Video

(Go subscribe to him! :D)

Download and install !

LeopardRebirth is available for free on my website!
It comes with an easy installation package,
and will get updates throughout the PPCStore!

Download

Don't forget to post your screenshots of the theme :D

It would be a delight to find a theme which could deliver the inverse of rendering a (Snow) Leopard UX on, say, a system running Yosemite through Mojave/Catalina!

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
Interesting discovery...

If you turn on the 3D dock with LeopardRebirth active (via Onyx, command, etc.), it gives you this:

Picture 1.png

Which is essentially the same 3D dock you would get in 10.10+ with the help of third-party apps (if memory serves).

SST went to absolutely extreme lengths of detail with this theme.

Excellent, excellent work. :)

Kyle Panerio

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2019
I actually just finished the LaunchPad, I'm starting to code the Siri clone,
When thats finished I'll maybe do a 1.3 update with those features ;)
[doublepost=1500980604][/doublepost]Looks so cool on my PB g4 :D
View attachment 710011
Please the download link of the Mac OS X 10.5.8 Launchpad!
[automerge]1585541766[/automerge]
View attachment 681570
Finally, it's here...
This last couple of months I made a complete macOS Sierra theme with help from BlocMirrior, from skratch, I used no public resources whatsoever!.

Many thanks to:
@gavinstubbs09 ,
@HFTaylor12,
@Gamer9430,
@MacCubed
And all the MacRumors PowerPC users! :D

Remade the design

View attachment 681571
This theme includes an all new design, Firelights, Checkboxes, Tab buttons, Buttons, scroll bars, folder icons, app icons, dock, wallpapers, and much more!!!

Discover new apps with the all new PPCStore!

View attachment 681572

This store only has a few apps for now, but much more will be added soon :D
It's installed with this package :)

Screenshots

View attachment 709505

View attachment 686172

Video

(Go subscribe to him! :D)

Download and install !

LeopardRebirth is available for free on my website!
It comes with an easy installation package,
and will get updates throughout the PPCStore!

Download

Don't forget to post your screenshots of the theme :D

Is there a Launchpad?

TeckFire

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2018
Has anyone else taken up the mantle of continuing the work?
I’ve talked with him for a while through iMessage before he left. I was able to do quite a bit of work on it, but never fully finished what would be a 1.3 update. He didn’t share the source code with me, but I think I can make a new branch of this for Catalina, and update the theme in general. The only problem right now is that my iMac G5, my main machine, just died, so I’ll be using my PowerBook G4 instead, which isn’t quite as easy to work with. Still, I’ve got the time, and I’ve got the resources, so I’ll try and get things up to date for you guys. I’ll make a new thread when I do.

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
Sadly, it seems this will never come to fruition. Cool that my PB G4 looks like Sierra.
Every now and then i wish i find the time to update this theme using much better techniques than just replacing assets. Tweaking the assets is just time consuming and not really that hard. Actually updating the os by injecting dynamic libraries and swizzling the os to realistically update stuff like the dock instead of finding weird tricks to make them look different sounds so cool of a project, and i hope one day i'll find the time to do it :)

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018
Every now and then i wish i find the time to update this theme using much better techniques than just replacing assets. Tweaking the assets is just time consuming and not really that hard. Actually updating the os by injecting dynamic libraries and swizzling the os to realistically update stuff like the dock instead of finding weird tricks to make them look different sounds so cool of a project, and i hope one day i'll find the time to do it :)
Well, if you are a young kid, you probably do have the time, or if you are in college of course, time is not a luxury. Could you make this look like Big Sur, or better yet Catalina ? That would be awesome. But, again if you don’t have the time, I totally get it. I myself am trying to figure a way to re-create the rendering engine in Netscape, so OS 9 can browse most of the web, except for YouTube - since YouTube always played horribly on it.

Reactions: Seb512

dysmas

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2023
does this remove internal modem option in network config?

Attachments

• no modem.tiff
    130.3 KB · Views: 48
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.