[1.2 NOW RELEASED] LeopardRebirth - Ultimate Sierra theme

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by SourceSunTom, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Eli_Carpenter macrumors newbie

Eli_Carpenter

Will this work on a MacBook 13 inch early 2008 running Mac OS X leopard

2. SourceSunTom thread starter macrumors regular

SourceSunTom

Yep, works fine on intel machines too, as long as you are running 10.5.8

3. jonyx4 macrumors newbie

4. Vladislav_ macrumors newbie

Vladislav_

5. Macbookprodude macrumors regular

Macbookprodude

Is there a High Sierra Theme for PPC ? I have a DLSD 1.64 and sick of the Leopard screen.

6. z970mp macrumors 6502a

z970mp

Just install this and set the High Sierra background.

7. SourceSunTom thread starter macrumors regular

SourceSunTom

The Native High Sierra wallpaper is even available in thd theme

8. AphoticD macrumors 65816

AphoticD

High Sierra -All new, highly optimized, hundreds of under the hood improvements. 1 new wallpaper.

“Wow, it LOOKS so fresh!”

Ok, Apple felt generous at 10.13.4 and decided to include the ‘Ink Cloud’ wallpaper so we can all pretend we had the cash to blow on an iMac Pro.

9. z970mp macrumors 6502a

z970mp

I wouldn't even want it. Something about such a computer where you cannot prolong its life with your own hands deters me and makes its value all the less.

Especially when they'll support a 2009 MacBook at minimum requirements, but not a 2009, let alone '08 Mac Pro. Or iMac.

This is Apple. They will support the 2010 Mac Pro as a minimum, but will support hardware that is already unbelievably weaker but that is also ONE YEAR OLDER. Them allowing a 9 year old consumer laptop no problem on a 2017 operating system, yet dropping a 9 year old professional workstation on said OS, is just ABSOLUTELY ASININE, and is what made me move to Linux full time these past few weeks on my Intel machine. So far, it's smooth sailing. Few complaints. Now, I feel like I'm ACTUALLY running a workstation, because it finally performs like one! #PenguinMasterRace

Meanwhile, it's one of the most broken releases of OS 10 ever. Even Lion was better. For one, at least it didn't slow video editing to a crawl.

I hear they downsized on the macOS team. That would explain a lot.

10. SourceSunTom thread starter macrumors regular

SourceSunTom

11. z970mp macrumors 6502a

z970mp

I thought LeopardRebirth was dead.

12. TeckFire macrumors newbie

TeckFire

I have a machine with Mojave on it and a few PowerPC macs if you'd like some help with the development, anything from the newer icons or wallpapers (I made an applescript for changing your wallpaper throughout the day too, with the new desert wallpaper if you'd like to include that) and I'm very familiar with macOS. Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help, or even work on code if you need me to. I want LeopardRebirth Mojave so badly!

13. Adamscomputerrepair macrumors 6502

Adamscomputerrepair

Someone already made a dynamic wallpaper script for powerpc so that's a start.

14. TeckFire macrumors newbie

TeckFire

I've seen a few that work, but usually they don't change at the correct times, usually just changing to the next one every 1.5 hours, which is not accurate at all, as in macOS Mojave some of them only last for 20 minutes before changing, especially around sunrise/sunset. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though! If I could find a way to get the sunset/sunrise times and dynamically adjust through that I would, but currently it's just me putting the time in manually to tell it to change to the next picture at a specific time. This means it won't be accurate in a few months from now, so I'd have to get one for every season to do that correctly, but ideally I'd like to find a way to get sunrise/sunset times based on location somehow, which may involve a rewrite and a full app to be made, so we'll see.

15. PowerfulEra macrumors newbie

PowerfulEra

First of all hello.

I was following this project for like a year but sadly its getting abandoned because of your school and i really understand that i would like to help you improve this project with updated mojave version as you gave update videos on your youtube video you were working on a siri and a launchpad demo.

I want to help you to fix graphical errors on launchpad and improve the ai code on the siri aswell as add more things to make it feel like more modern.

If you are interested at collabing please let me know

Best regards.