+1 on moving from iPhone 6 plus to reg 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JWorld127, Sep 27, 2014.

1. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

Let me start off by saying the iPhone 6 Plus is an amazing phone. After using it for a week I can say it has been a pleasure. But I came to my senses and decided it is just to big for normal every day use. It works like a beautiful charm when I am home sitting on my couch etc, but when I am in my car or out somewhere it is just not feasible. I cant really use it while I drive (i know i'm not suppose to use it while I drive but come on who doesn't) It doesn't fit anywhere in my car, to much bulk in my pocket when i am walking around, and overall its just to big of a phone. I cannot picture my self going to a wedding or some kind of formal event where tight pants are a requirement and not being able to put this in a pocket. It really is a problem looking 2 years down the road.

I love this phone but in reality the 6 is just more realistic. I sure am glad I got to use it for a week and test it out as opposed to doing it the other way around and buying a 6 so I have no regrets.

So let me get to the point of the post.

Since I received mine on launch day I get 14 days to return correct? Also since I used my upgrade on it I can still return it and purchase a 6 for upgrade price?

I have seen a lot of the same threads of people returning it to get a normal 6 and I said to my self there is no way in hell I can return the god phone (yes it pretty much is the closest thing to what i think god would use)...but like I said I came to my senses.

I will make a bold prediction here. ALOT OF PEOPLE will end up exchanging the plus. Probably more than Apple or anyone would have thought.

Anyways......iPhone 6 / Plus is by far the greatest phone ever created.....iOS is however will not get the same praise from me. After using the plus for a week there are ALOT of issues and bugs they need to sort out. I can make a huge list and I hope Apple fixes them all I just don't understand why they would release a new iOS that CLEARLY is not ready for public release.

And after week of using the phone two concerns I have and i have no idea if this has anything to do with the 1gb of ram every one was crying about.

1 when listening to music in land scape mode or in normal mode once you click home button and open the music app again it goes to the top of your music list as opposed to where you last left off.

2 Scrolling through different menus in land scape mode ( setting or text message lists) when you click on didfferent items there is a huge lag. its not crisp and swift as it should be. for instance in you are in text message in landscap and clik on different conversations the highlight blue lags and is behind the actual finger clik.

3 obviously the web site in safari have to reload. At first i thought it was not going to be a big deal and people complained about non sense but after using the phone and expecting great performance i am disappointed.

So if 2 gigs of rams would have remedied these 3 examples then Apple failed us. How can they have prototypes out for testing and not address these things? In no way am i some kind of techy hacker I am just a regular user who noticed these deficiencies and think to my self if a company has xxx amount of these in the wild being tested by employees then why did they ok the release when these things do not work the way they are intended to? Is it a hard ware issue or a software issue or both?

Anyways great phone probably the best ever made, and I am sure i will love the 6 as much as I have enjoyed my one week with the plus.

2. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

You will love the 6 just as much as they are the same phone minus the screen and the OIS, but in most camera tests it has shown the 6 takes pictures just as well...

Plus the 6 plus I used had a bit more lag in it than my iPhone 6

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Always nice to see users treating the MR forum as their own personal blog.

/sarcasm

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

To many words but the 6 plus is a great phone. I have like 5 friends that have the 6. I'm the one with the plus. We are all badly in our choices.

6. golfdude macrumors regular

I agree there will be many more returns of the 6+. I also see Apple eventually starting to charge for returns, $50 or so. So many people are doing this trial run with 6+'s.

I am really getting comfortable with my 6, but I have been tinkering with the idea of the 6+.

7. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Maybe it's just me then... I can't put my 6+ down.

8. HenryDJP macrumors 603

You forgot the 6 Plus has much better battery life, a 1080p screen, landscape modes for desktop, email and iMessage. The 6 and 6 Plus are not the same phone.

----------

That's your own theory. Not fact. If you're basing your theory on the amount of people who post here then you're cutting out the other millions that are enjoying their iPhone 6 Plus.

9. aiyaaabatt macrumors 6502

I test ran both for 4 days each. I found that with my 6 it stayed in my pocket much more... And with my plus, I just can't seem to put it down... Not sure if that's a good or bad thing

10. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

It's good that you at least tried the Plus. This way you know that it wasn't the right one for you. I think you'll love the iPhone 6. I love mine!

11. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Me too. I actually get excited about using my plus but hey op, whatever suits you.

12. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

I actually am getting the 6 plus. I'm not a tall guy at all and I have small hands but I'm very used to big android phones and comparing the 6 to 6 plus to my eyes I could tell the difference in ppi easily so that among other things make the 6 plus a great choice. Battery life as well.

13. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

6 plus to 64gb 6. Best move you could ever make.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's the same every year. At least iOS 8 isn't as buggy out of the box as iOS 7.

15. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

The 5.5 is the perfect surfing size for a phone. But when it comes to talking on the phone, 6 is a great size.

16. R.Perez, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

As a previous Android user who has regularly increased phone size every year with the next upgrades, I find that once I get used to a larger phone going back is nearly impossible. That said, the jump from a 4" screen to a 5.5" one is pretty massive and may be why some diehard iphone users are having trouble adjusting. I'm still waiting for my plus but I played with it in the store. While it is huge, I feel I'll be able to adjust to the size quite easily from my HTC One (m7).

17. z06gal macrumors 6502

I was thinking the same thing reading this thread. The only issue I am having is with wifi but the plus just straight up rocks is all I know :cool:

18. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

What's wrong with your wifi? I just upgraded and wifi and TouchID is perfectly fine.

19. Thefan macrumors member

I wouldn't bank on many people returning the Plus model. Apple has said pre-orders are coming in at a phenomenal pace, even after people have tried the demos in store. I love mine, but then I have reasonably big hands..not banana hands by any means, haha. I have no problem managing the phone while driving, nor any other time. If I was at a wedding, and it was that big of a problem, I'd just put it in the jacket pocket, however I'd probably still put it in my pocket, which is what I do now, as I don't find it too bulky at all, unless you've got a damn otter box case on it, or like cutting your circulation off with skinny jeans. Haha.

20. z06gal macrumors 6502

It quits and then I have to reboot to get it to find the signal again.

21. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Return it

22. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Seriously! I was like uh what's the point of the thread?!

23. z06gal macrumors 6502

I have an iPad Air, 6 plus and an iPhone 5 with the same issue. It has to do with iOS 8 somehow

24. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Sweet. Not sure man, I'm gonna say I've been lucky then. I have 6 plus and rMini updated to 8.0.2 and everything is alright. I didn't update my 5s tho haha.