Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
come 12:30 it will be 1 week since i got it.

was in the bathroom and put it on a roll of toilet paper above the toilet and it was safe, was washing my hands and face and next i know it falls in the toilet. took it out 2 seconds later. was working just fine but turned it off and stuff it in a little bit of rice.

i have applecare plus but im not gonna use it. i think the phone is fine but meh we will see. kinda mad it already happened with the 5 and ive never done anything like that with my 4 which i had since it dropped til last week

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
You balanced the phone on a roll of toilet paper above the toilet?? :confused:

AppleCare+ was made for you. :apple:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Agreed. AppleCare + was made for you. Toilet paper is not meant to be used as a dock.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
1 week and its already in the toilet...

Why why would you put a on top of a toilet where theres water just below it. Just put it on the floor in front of you. I thinks its common sense not to put an expensive device above water.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

pod5g

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
The iPoone.

Honestly though, did this actually happen or are you just trolling?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I dropped mine 1 week into it too, on hard surface but luckily no obvious damage.

Dont take any chances, the dang thing is so slippery, don't even leave it on the sofa's armrests, thinking oh just a few seconds... BAM!

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
Can't believe so many reports of dropping iphone into the toilet on this forum, nor how could anyone want to fess up to this is beyond me. Goodness, just say you dropped it into some water briefly, and not even mention a toilet at all. :confused:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
��
The leg extension of the cat in your avatar amazes me and distracts me all the time, lol. ��

If I'm reading this correctly you are, in part, explaining the unfortunate accident that occurred to your brand new iPhone on your fascination with a picture of a cat licking it's ***hole!?:eek:

I have some free time available if you would like to make an appointment.:cool:

Actually...really sorry about your phone. I hope it works out without extra expense to you.:D

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
Why why would you put a on top of a toilet where theres water just below it. Just put it on the floor in front of you. I thinks its common sense not to put an expensive device above water.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Good grief, here we go with the hindsight comment. I think everyone has at one time put their iphone in a spot if even for a second that could potentially damage their phone.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
not trolling at all

phone works perfectly so im not gonna use the applecare plus so im good til something actually happens.

just thought it was funny especially since im so good with phones and this finally happens.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
If I'm reading this correctly you are, in part, explaining the unfortunate accident that occurred to your brand new iPhone on your fascination with a picture of a cat licking it's ***hole!?:eek:

I have some free time available if you would like to make an appointment.:cool:

Actually...really sorry about your phone. I hope it works out without extra expense to you.:D

Wasn't my phone, and I didn't make the picture bigger so didn't see the cat was locking its hole. None the less awesome picture #

Fouracre44

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2012
How is your toilet designed? I'm failing to understand how it could fall from the toilet paper roll, into the actual toilet as they are usually placed a distance away so you are able to reach for the toilet paper.

Secondly, I don't recommend using your phone in the toilet again which I'm sure you understand by now.

To all people who are thinking about it : Just don't do it, there's really no need to play with your phone while your on the toilet, or even use your phone. If your bored, take a magazine, a news paper or something else. If your bowel movements are taking that long anyway, eat some fibre or see a dietician. There are so many stories of people either dropping their phone in the toilet or dropping it from the toilet roll onto the floor and smashing it.

Good luck with your phone and hopefully it still works.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
How is your toilet designed? I'm failing to understand how it could fall from the toilet paper roll, into the actual toilet as they are usually placed a distance away so you are able to reach for the toilet paper.

Secondly, I don't recommend using your phone in the toilet again which I'm sure you understand by now.

To all people who are thinking about it : Just don't do it, there's really no need to play with your phone while your on the toilet, or even use your phone. If your bored, take a magazine, a news paper or something else. If your bowel movements are taking that long anyway, eat some fibre or see a dietician. There are so many stories of people either dropping their phone in the toilet or dropping it from the toilet roll onto the floor and smashing it.

Good luck with your phone and hopefully it still works.

it was on the tank? behind the actual toilet and there was a new roll sitting there, its a bit curved and i assumed it was safe. it was laying flat and i left it there to wash my hands and face and 2 seconds later it fell right it.

phone is working just fine so it didnt do any damage. i got applecare plus so i dont care just thought id post. its just a phone but thank god i protected my investment. id be screwed since i paid $600+ from tmobile

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.