Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Well, it has been one week and I must say I absolutely love my watch!! It has grown to be a part of me and I did not know just how useful it would be when I ordered it, but a few things that have blown me away are:

• Battery Life: I take it off the charger every day around 6:30am and do not put it back on until I am about to get into bed around 11:30pm at night, and in the first 7 days, the lowest my battery has been at the end of the day has been 48%. Has far exceeded my expectations on that.
• Since getting my watch, I barely use my phone though out the day anymore, I am so used to checking it all the time to see if there are any new texts, emails, notifications, etc but now most of the time when I am at home, It sits on the counter and is not even with me in the house and at work it sits on my desk, so my phone battery now from morning till night is still around 80% when I put it back on the charger. I may actually stop charging daily so I can allow the battery to drop more before charging.
• Responding to text via voice on this watch as been flawless, it dictates exactly what I say and have had no errors so far
• Taking calls on my watch, I honestly thought “I will never use this feature” and in public I never would, but at home several times I have taken a call while sitting on the couch since my phone is on the counter and it has been so natural, do not even have to hold the watch up the whole time which is nice
• I now stand up every hour and find myself keeping track of my steps more, which is really nice

So far I have had really no issues and really the only complaint I have so far like many is the display does not stay on long enough, but as many have said, I expect the first software update from Apple I am sure will have a new setting for this. I do hope we get some more faces for the watch at some point as well, but overall, I love this watch!!

Jimbo Asprilla

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2009
Totally agree, one week in I can honestly say if you took my watch away from me I would miss it immensely, I thought it was a "want" rather than a "need" before I got it but now I wouldn't want to be without it.

Reactions: Laurence Eckert

amro

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
Congrats. Have to say, I agree. If the watch is used the way Apple designed it, battery life is not an issue. And I am also finding my iPhone battery life to be better.

You do know, if you tap the screen it stays on longer, right?

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Yeah I can not imagine not having it on, I have 10 other watches (Even a couple Movado's) and I have no desire to wear anything else. I wear it from the time I get out of the shower in the morning (I do not wear it in the shower lol) until bed time, I cant bring myself to take it off until I literally am climbing into bed lol.

And leaving the house without it on, NO WAY!! :)

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I've only had mine a couple of hours and I'm already sold on it. I initially didn't think I'd want one or have any uses but its awesome getting email/text notifications etc.

Also I love the tamagotchi-esque games available for it!

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
I've been amazed at how quickly I've adapted to a new way of thinking around notifications.

Oh I have a WhatsApp message, oh that doesn't look so important right now - dismiss.

Email into my google inbox, glance no action - done.

I've quickly realised how so many notifications just become an excuse to start using your phone for other things. And the nice thing is the iPhone still gives you a visual reminder that you've not DEALT with something by the number badge, so I know I need to look at that whatsapp message when I actually next pick up my phone.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
It's great for keeping track of your emails and messages in a meeting, especially one with a small group. It would be impolite to browse your iPhone while others are talking, but it's much more subtle glancing your watch.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Just looked at my phone and at 3:07 in the afternoon I am still at 96%all because I havent looked at it except to make 2 phone calls today. Funny thing is I love my 6 Plus, but now its just more fun to use the watch when I can.

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Yep. I'm only on day 3, but yes on all these. My battery was 30% the 1st night and at 60% last night.

Like you, I do wish the screen would stay powered on a bit longer, but at least it's easy to wake.

I will say i was excited about a few games and apps, but these have been disappointing...slightly. or I changed my mind about their use.

Loving the activity features. It forces me to workout more cause I want to crush those rings daily. LOL.

Danny80y

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
Love mine! It's so simple and easy does just what I need... I work out in the community as a Physio and need access to emails and texts from my team yet need to be discreet when interacting with patients. It's so nice not having to do the iPhone screen peek every 15min! :D

NotSafeForWork

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
• Taking calls on my watch, I honestly thought “I will never use this feature” and in public I never would, but at home several times I have taken a call while sitting on the couch since my phone is on the counter and it has been so natural, do not even have to hold the watch up the whole time which is nice

This is the biggest (pleasant) surprise for me too. When a call comes in the Watch is the most convenient "phone" 75% of the time.

asfalloth

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2013
London
Congrats. Have to say, I agree. If the watch is used the way Apple designed it, battery life is not an issue. And I am also finding my iPhone battery life to be better.

You do know, if you tap the screen it stays on longer, right?

A week later and I'm still finding out stuff, I didn't know about that, thanks :)

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Well, it has been one week and I must say I absolutely love my watch!! It has grown to be a part of me and I did not know just how useful it would be when I ordered it, but a few things that have blown me away are:

• Battery Life: I take it off the charger every day around 6:30am and do not put it back on until I am about to get into bed around 11:30pm at night, and in the first 7 days, the lowest my battery has been at the end of the day has been 48%. Has far exceeded my expectations on that.
• Since getting my watch, I barely use my phone though out the day anymore, I am so used to checking it all the time to see if there are any new texts, emails, notifications, etc but now most of the time when I am at home, It sits on the counter and is not even with me in the house and at work it sits on my desk, so my phone battery now from morning till night is still around 80% when I put it back on the charger. I may actually stop charging daily so I can allow the battery to drop more before charging.
• Responding to text via voice on this watch as been flawless, it dictates exactly what I say and have had no errors so far
• I now stand up every hour and find myself keeping track of my steps more, which is really nice

So far I have had really no issues and really the only complaint I have so far like many is the display does not stay on long enough, but as many have said, I expect the first software update from Apple I am sure will have a new setting for this. I do hope we get some more faces for the watch at some point as well, but overall, I love this watch!!

Great post! What watch face are you using? I'm torn but recently I've been switching from simple and modular. I love all the complications they allow you to have.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Great post! What watch face are you using? I'm torn but recently I've been switching from simple and modular. I love all the complications they allow you to have.

Ive been using the one called "Color" and I have it set to white so it matches my band, I like the Mickey one but when looking quickly its to hard to tell what damn time it is because of the way the hands are lol.

Jsince80

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
I got my watch today around noon and been busy at work so haven't got a chance to play with it much after setting it up but so far it's a very nice device and classy looking. I got the 42mm SG SPORT and happy with my decision. Guess I'll know more in a couple of days but so far so good

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
Anyone know how to keep notification sound on the phone while wearing the watch? I notice when I'm wearing the watch the phone doesn't sound.

sJv

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2007
Sierra Foothills, CA
I had my watch for almost a week (blue Sport) and sold it yesterday as I want to move up to the SS version, which I have on order (actually 3 different variants hoping one ships sooner). I do miss it and felt odd not having it on my wrist. I actually felt a bit remorseful and guilty selling it off, but then I remind myself all will be good when I get the new watch.

I've got one of my mechanical watches on for the time being...

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Anyone know how to keep notification sound on the phone while wearing the watch? I notice when I'm wearing the watch the phone doesn't sound.

The watch gets the notifications instead of your phone making noises since your wearing it, no reason to have it ding/vibrate on your wrist and then again on your phone :)

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
This is my first day, and my battery life seems ok, but not nearly as good as yours.

I have the brightness to max, which may be part of the issue, and I'm messing with it a bit since it's new.

It's been off the charger since 5:15 am and it's now 3 pm (so basically ten hours) and I'm at 58% battery remaining. So, I'll get over 20 hours at this pace which is great, but how did you go that long and still have 48%? wow.

Mine's a SS 42mm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.