iPad Pro 10.5 iPad Pro crashing overnight

Nbnewcar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2015
hey all, anyone experiencing this issue as well? When I plug in my iPad Pro 10.5 cellular in at night its fine but when I try to wake it in the morning it is locked up. I have to hold the home button and sleep/wake button in order to make it turn on again. Still charges fine but is annoying having to restart it every morning...

punn0123

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
It just happened with my iPad pro 10.5 10 minutes ago.
Are you using iOS 11 public test?

BlackHawk00

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2017
Are you on iOS 11 beta? I also had crashing problem once earlier and did a restore again to iOS 11 and so far it’s working great and no major issues. Btw, I have iPP 10.5 Wi-Fi only model.

Nbnewcar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2015
Are you on iOS 11 beta? I also had crashing problem once earlier and did a restore again to iOS 11 and so far it’s working great and no major issues. Btw, I have iPP 10.5 Wi-Fi only model.
You stayed on 11?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
There are several threads on this. I have had trouble waking mine by opening the cover and it was not on the charger. Many have found this problem when done charging.

Hoping it is a software thing . . . We all do.

punn0123

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
There are several threads on this. I have had trouble waking mine by opening the cover and it was not on the charger. Many have found this problem when done charging.

Hoping it is a software thing . . . We all do.
My situation is like yours. It happened after open the cover.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

kazmac

macrumors 604
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Interestingly, I had my 12.9" charging all day today (at least 12 hours) and it finally froze tonight while I was using Procreate. Pencil and touch were not responding. Could not enter Settings. Had to do a hard reboot.

I'm on 10.3.2, so I will pay attention going forward. Not worrying until I have to though.