10.6.2 is perfect! anyone else agree?

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
After downloading 10.6.2 today, everything that was wrong seems to be better.

It not as if there was a lot wrong in the first place....Expose was the only thing not working, when I would activate Expose (side mouse button) it would not move for 2 seconds, then very quickly snap into expose, and just as quickly snap back out. So really, the only way I could activate expose, was by holding down the side mouse button.

Other times, it would activate, but would take 1-2 seconds to get there, there was no smooth transition.

After 10.6.2 none of this is happening, it's perfect!

Running on 24" Alu iMac 2.8GHz, 4GB ram and a CLEAN install of SL :eek:

What is everyones report for 10.6.2?

mileslong

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Newport Beach, CA
I dont think it's perfect. Safari and Firefox hang everytime I have Gmail open and then visit another flash heavy site like Youtube. Im not the only one having this problem. Safari is almost unusable for me now because I have to have Gmail open at all times.

Im typing this using Opera right now and I don't even like Opera.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
And there you have it. Apple can just sit back and not even bother with 10.6.3, and even ditch any plans for 10.7 and beyond!!
Absolutely! :p

Actually, there's a bug with the display of UPS on MBP that hasn't quite been fixed. :eek: Not really an issue, as a USB connection of a UPS on a MBP is rather useless...

Otherwise, it seems stable and, at least, hasn't added any noticeable issues.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
I dont think it's perfect. Safari and Firefox hang everytime I have Gmail open and then visit another flash heavy site like Youtube. Im not the only one having this problem. Safari is almost unusable for me now because I have to have Gmail open at all times.

Im typing this using Opera right now and I don't even like Opera.
why not use the built in Mail.app?
I use it for Gmail and works perfectly, emails come in within one minute, I have the folders I set in Gmail. I forget the exact terminology Gmail uses, but its in your settings or "permissions" I think....

I forget which one I set up, I believe its IMAP...whichever one is better...ha!

MacDSmith2

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2009
I have the new Mac Mini, 2.66 GHz, 4 MB RAM with the 500 GB hard drive. It came with 10.6 installed and I updated with the 10.6.2 Combo. No problems here. Everything appears to be running very fast. No flash problems or CPU over-heating issues that I can see.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
The only problem I had with 10.6.1 was with expose and the multi-touch trackpad. It's been fixed now and everything is great.

fobfob

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2008
I'm getting a lot of spinning beachballs in Safari in the past few weeks (albeit 4.0.3). Didn't used to. The only thing that's changed 10.6.2.

Upgraded to 4.0.4 today, dunno if any different.

5DollaFootlong

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2009
Just because 10.6.2 is free from major glitches doesn't make it perfect. If it was perfect, then there would be no 10.7. For me, it's been pretty stable.

jicon

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2004
Toronto, ON
15" mid 2009 MB Pro here, and ever since moving to Snow Leopard, absolutely brutal transfer speeds (10 minutes to transfer 240MB, using a Sandisk rated 15MB/s card) with a USB Compact Flash Reader. Couple reports of it on Apple support forums, so it isn't just me.

I wouldn't mind so much as the issue DOESN'T appear if I boot in to BootCamp on XP... or, that I can take the same stick to a 13" Mid 2009 MacBook Pro (which doesn't have iPhoto installed curiously...), and it runs quickly without a hitch.

Something software wise is busted, not sure where.

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
No,

10.6.2 isn't perfect. It is a lot better than 10.6.1 . So much so that I have moved my main MB to it from Leopard. However no OS is perfect.

10.6.2 now is at the "good enough" stage, nothing more.

Marcus263

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
This has not yet been mentioned, so I register just to say that 10.6.2 is not perfect....

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
10.6.0 was already brilliant for me. I know .2 contains improvements & security enhancements, but nothing new that I as a user can pinpoint to talk about. Never had any of the issues as mentioned above at all neither with an upgrade nor a clean install. I also often have had gmail, youtube & several other websites open simultaneously in Safari but it never crashes. I must have gotten a lucky SL DVD :p

PS: could someone tell me about a specific SL problem I should have noticed?

jon08

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
why not use the built in Mail.app?
I use it for Gmail and works perfectly, emails come in within one minute, I have the folders I set in Gmail. I forget the exact terminology Gmail uses, but its in your settings or "permissions" I think....
So the Mail.app doesn't offer the Sync option, which makes the app receive emails as soon as you actually receive them into the Gmail mailbox on the web?? :eek:

Angelo95210

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2009
Paris, France
As a programmer, I know there are ALWAYS bugs in any program. Especially in its first releases.

I haven't noticed anything special with X.6.0 and X.6.1 but I feel better with X.6.2 now. At least I know they have had a lot of feedback and enough time to fix issues.

What is the official way to report Apples issues ?

Amdahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
I wouldn't say 10.6.2 is perfect, but it certainly is significantly improved :)
Finely Tuned, one might say?

macrem said:
10.6.0 was already brilliant for me. ... I must have gotten a lucky SL DVD
Are you a member of the Secret Snow Leopard Beta Test Team?

PS: could someone tell me about a specific SL problem I should have noticed?
Try http://mroogle.*************/ or just read the forums for the last two months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.