Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
It's no secret that there are all kinds of generalizations about any of the carriers that simply don't apply to a lot of people who have all kinds of good experiences with all of them as well. In this case, there's nothing on the carrier, and it's all on the user.

You beat me too it. I think that comment was said in a vacuum. I have had nothing but good service and when I call them, they do say: "Mr i7guy; I note that you have been with us for 15 years, thank you for being a Verizon customer. How can I help you?" And then I get the great service I'm accustomed to.

As with all corporations service millions of customers, there are bound to be those who feel they did not get appropriate service; either justified or unjustified.

----------

I don't understand why so many are defending Verizon. They have essentially been stealing from us for years.

Nobody is forcing any customer to use their (Verizon) services. Don't like Verizon; thankfully there are multiple options. As was said above, that some don't like Verizon, for whatever reason, has nothing to do with what appears to be a clear user error.

I happen to like them, doesn't mean I'm not open to a switch given the seemingly fast-paced changed in the wireless world. Give me the same service for less and I'm gone.

Looon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
One time my phone bill was about 2 gs flat
but there was no need to worry my accountant handles that

but seriously this is laughable...Verizon does not need to lie about $1000 to you it is an insignificant amount to them therefore they would have no reason to.

jeremysteele

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2011
Yeah, this is just hilarious .

Obviously fake "bad" writing, considering their previous posts all had fairly good English, and it got progressively worse.

Good gosh. :rolleyes:

----

Plus if you really racked up $1k in data charges for leaving the hotspot on, its all on you. If the iphone mysteriously turns it on then either A) There's a ghost, B) you're jailbroken with malware.

Fanaticalism

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2013
It's no secret that there are all kinds of generalizations about any of the carriers that simply don't apply to a lot of people who have all kinds of good experiences with all of them as well. In this case, there's nothing on the carrier, and it's all on the user.

I did mention that the customer in this instance had many opportunities to identify that something was wrong.

Like any company, the experience is dictated by the individual providing the service. All I will say is, VZW has certain protocal in place that must be followed for all calls, regardless of whose best interest it is in.

As far as the vacuum comment, my sample size with all the carriers is greater than one may think. I'll leave it at that. :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I did mention that the customer in this instance had many opportunities to identify that something was wrong.

Like any company, the experience is dictated by the individual providing the service. All I will say is, VZW has certain protocal in place that must be followed for all calls, regardless of whose best interest it is in.

As far as the vacuum comment, my sample size with all the carriers is greater than one may think. I'll leave it at that. :)
Pretty much all providers and phone customer/technical support in general have protocols in place that are followed for practically all calls, also regardless of whose interest it's in. I would hardly say that it's not a secret that Verizon has terrible customer service because it simply isn't some sort of a widely known and given thing. Nor that AT&T has some sort of much better approach to customer service in comparison. Plenty of people have had the opposite experience I'm sure.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
... and that's why they say your phone is only as smart as the person using it.

The OP must be color blind. Did you not see the bright blue bar on your home screen light up with the blinking words "Personal Hotspot"?

Last edited:

UncleSchnitty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
This has to be a joke but its fun to picture 3 people with laptops following behind the OP everywhere he goes downloading blueray torrents laughing maniacally with their handlebar mustaches.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
... and that's why they say your phone is only as smart as the person using it.

The OP must be color blind. Did you not see the bright blue bar on your home screen light up with the blinking words "Personal Hotspot"?

He may be jailbroken and have disabled through a mod. Mine does not say personal hot spot and does not have the blue bar at the top.

I've forgotten to turn off my tethering because of it and realized it was still on when my battery dropped to 90% in about two hours.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
He may be jailbroken and have disabled through a mod. Mine does not say personal hot spot and does not have the blue bar at the top.

I've forgotten to turn off my tethering because of it and realized it was still on when my battery dropped to 90% in about two hours.

Perfect, more proof this is user error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.