Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Gizmodo.com.br claims to have images from Foxconn's Brazilian factory which shows the iPhone "N90A" model that will be introduced next week.

Now, as a reminder, the N90A is expected to be the low-end iPhone 4 model that is to be released alongside the iPhone 4S (N94) model. The current iPhone 4 carries a model number of N90. So, these images don't actually show anything we don't already know, but do seem to represent a legitimate leak from a Foxconn factory producing Apple iPhones.
The [devices] are basically ready to be delivered, as shown in these photos obtained exclusively. The most interesting: they are a new model, it seems, will have less capacity and is cheaper.
Readers may recall that Foxconn has been working to expand iPad production into Brazil as well. If these images are to be believed, they have already been producing iPhones there.

This second image shows the model number ("N90A") in the top left and shows it didn't pass inspection:

This model is supposed to represent the cheaper iPhone 4 model that will replace the iPhone 3GS in the low end. The higher end iPhone is believed to be called the iPhone 4S and will carry an A5 processor.

Article Link: Cheaper iPhone 4 'N90A' Photos Leak from Foxconn Factory

SuprUsrStan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
****. Welp. There goes the iPhone 5.

EDIT: If this is the lower end, that must mean the 4S is the main iPhone. D:

Last edited by a moderator:

NXTMIKE

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Canada
I wonder if we'll see any change of manufacturing defect rates with the new Foxconn plant in Brazil...as oppose to the China one?

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
I wonder if we'll see any change of manufacturing defect rates with the new Foxconn plant in Brazil...as oppose to the China one?

next thing you know people will want the chinese phones for the better quality

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I think this is Apple's game, they did it last time and when the 3GS launched, I remember thinking the WebOS/Android was closing in.

And the iPhone 4 came out and blew things away for a while.

I'm excited for the 4GS, I'd rather a 5, just because the screen is getting a little small when you compare Android/WinPhone7 devices.

AIP5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
It would be refreshing not to see "Made in China" for once. ;)

Last edited:

SuprUsrStan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Is it just me, Or does the right picture look like Edge to Edge glass?

By edge to edge glass, you mean it looks like one piece of glass from the left edge to the right edge, then yes. it's 100% glass. As for the actual LCD size looks the same.

korndawg

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
Iowa
Today has provided the most 'bleak' news about a possible iphone 5 being announced Tuesday. It ain't happening guys :(

klrobinson999

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
well, it looks like we are getting a 5th generation iPhone...it's just going to be called the iPhone 4S.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
This may just be the regular iPhone.

From iTunes beta :
<key>UTTypeConformsTo</key>
<string>com.apple.iphone</string>
<key>UTTypeDescription</key>
<string>iPhone 4 (GSM)</string>
<key>UTTypeIconFile</key>
<string>com.apple.iphone-4-black.icns</string>
<key>UTTypeIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iphone-4-black</string>
<key>UTTypeTagSpecification</key>
<dict>
<key>com.apple.device-model-code</key>
<array>
<string>N90AP</string>
<string>iPhone3,1</string>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.