MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

162301-applenotebookevent-thumb-520x420_400.jpg

Apple has invited media to a special "notebook" event on Tuesday, October 14th. BoingBoing analyzed the laptop pictured on the invitation and concluded that it was likely a picture of the rumored 13" Aluminum MacBook.
It's hard to tell from the gloomy marketing shot, but the Apple logo is about 1.5 inches wide on my MacBook Pro. From that, this machine would appear to be under 13 inches wide, which would suggest a 13.3" diagonal. The edges, however don't look at all like the MacBook Air.
The existing MacBooks also come in 13" screen sizes but are housed in a plastic enclosure. This assumes, of course, that the laptop on the invitation is an actual photograph and has not been otherwise altered. This finding is also consistent with circulating rumors and leaked photos that suggest the MacBook and MacBook Pro lines will be consolidated under a similar design.

Planetamac.es appears to have taken the leaked images and composited them into a mockup of what the new MacBook may look like.

Article Link

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
This is all assuming the size of the Apple logo won't be changes.

Which of course if it was would then render these estimates useless.

The mockups are getting good though. If the MacBook looks like that, hits the aggressive price points we have been hearing about and providing there are no glaring feature omissions, then I am probably upgrading from my MacBook Black (2006). LED screens + any special features will seal the deal.

Comment

flottenheimer

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2008
Up north
OK , stop it! This is simply too much speculation.
News of this "caliber" is not worth more than a regular post in the pervious new-notebooks-thread.

Comment

G5power

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2005
A new lower priced MacBook would be great.

Certainly would be very viable alternative to the $700-800 old G4 powerbooks and the $400-500 G4 iBooks that I see listed on Craigslist.

Comment

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Looks like the invite is Apple's joke about leaked product pics... but Apple chooses to use lights and shadows instead of grainy cell phone pics to hide details.

Comment

3baller4

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2008
HECK YES! 13" MB is the one im definitely getting, after about a week it's been released just in case there's any problems with em

:apple: rocks! :D

Comment

moebius

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2007
To clarify:

This means a new notebook equal in size to the old and beautiful 12"?

Larger?, smaller? equal?, equal?, equal?

Note: yes, I need a small notebook, I have dreams about the 12".

Comment

jade

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2003
MacBooks here we come!

I hope it is!

Reading these forums I start believing in the hype about dedicated graphics and talking myself up the food chain. A plain vanilla macbook would totally get the job done for me, and I hope the rumored price cuts come true. I really need a new notebook. As long as I can get a reasonable amount hard drive space, a DVD burner, and the necessary ports I'll be good to go. Needs to be under $1000.

Excited for next weeks event. ;)

Comment

rneglia

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
what's inside

Okay, so the MacBooks are going to be aluminum...

...but what kind of processors are going to be inside?

How much of an improvement on what's available today?

Comment

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Bay Area, CA
To clarify:

This means a new notebook equal in size to the old and beautiful 12"?

Larger?, smaller? equal?, equal?, equal?

Note: yes, I need a small notebook, I have dreams about the 12".
It will be the same size of the current MacBook.

A MacBook is 13.3 inches diagonally, not across. A MacBook is 12.78 inches across, or "just under 13 inches wide"

Comment

ricksbrain

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2005
Miami, FL
What are the chances that this is related to a long-past cubic zirconium patent? A long shot, but throwing it out there.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.