13" Plastic MacBook vs 13" Aluminium MacBook comparison pictures

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kabunaru, Nov 18, 2008.

1. kabunaru Guest

Does anybody have pictures of the two MacBooks side by side? I would like to see a comparison.

2. therealdt macrumors regular

3. kabunaru thread starter Guest

isetxh, thanks. Basically they look the same except one is Aluminium while the other one is Plastic. Both look good though. :)

4. bjelder macrumors member

WOW, that new one looks nice!!!

I'm still on my white plastic mac book. Held up pretty well, cosmetically its a little rough...

5. isethx macrumors regular

you know i've got to tell you even the professional photos on apple's website do not do them justice. they look SO nice in person and FEEL sooooo good. they are just so smooth. the pics might look nice but wait until you touch one!

6. Ramius macrumors 6502

Wow, I didnt know the old plastbook had vents on the rear end. The new one is much prettier here. And they've done something about the logo that makes it much nicer on the new Macbook when the lights are off.

7. therealdt macrumors regular

damn, real nice. I will be going down to SD to see one up close

thanks for those pics

8. kabunaru thread starter Guest

The Aluminium MacBook does look more professional though and could be mistaken for an 12" PowerBook G4.

9. bluesTank macrumors regular

Everyone thinks mine is either a macbook air (they do look exactly the same, without the thickness) or a macbook.

10. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

my uncle actually asked if mine was a macbook PRO once...he was very impressed by the build quality of my machine, and thought it looked very beautiful. he was a little shocked when i said it was just a normal macbook, kinda stepped back a bit, and said woah...nice! ;)

11. MacJenn macrumors regular

The new one looks like a PC (cheap Toshiba at that). The Whitebook look more like an Apple product. I think the white one is more refined and has a much better look. The new one is just a copy of the PC world with better construction. Apple's designs lately have gone downhill. My new Macbook Pro looks like a PC also, but I don't buy computer for looks like some of the newbies to Mac on here (which is clear--got to have one to be the cool kid in class LOL). I hate the looks, but love OS X. Now the new owners of the Macbook will come out and bash the old one or me as usual. It is my OPINION. New one looks= copycats.

12. CoreyMac macrumors regular

Copycat or not, aluminum macbook > cracking, yellowing whitebook. There's just so many flaws with the plastic casing

13. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

i like the old ibooks best. they were a good thickness the only problem is the cracking. if apple would get away from the thin obsession and make a mbp that is 1.5 inches thick we could have quad core laptops.

14. CoreyMac macrumors regular

Im almost positive you will never see another mac laptop thicker than 0.95"

15. showkati macrumors regular

I respect most of what you said and respect your opinion. Agreed they do look like a PC, but they feel more like a mac once you play around with it more (at least for me).

When getting a computer people look at different things. Some go for looks, some go for performance, some go for both. It's just personal preference. There is no need to go insult the people who care about what product they are going to be using for the next 2 years looks like.

I have owned apple products since 2000 and have been amazed by the designs so essentially when i buy a apple product i look past the design aspect simply because it has always been great.

The new MacBook is a true achievement on a structural standpoint. the only way these machines resemble a "Toshiba" is probably the color. no matter how you want to look at it the alu macbook is much more durable than the previous generation.

16. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

your join date is October 2008 and you're calling people newbies? :eek:

17. Ramius macrumors 6502

Hey shut up n00b! :p jokin

I think that that the plastbook now looks as old as the first generation iPods. Perhaps for people that has been using Mac since 2000, they're accustomed to the white look of Apple products.

However, for many of us complete new Mac users who have bought the aluminum Macbooks as our first Apple product, we may not share the same taste.

I think Apple is paving new way with the Aluminum design. Soon, I think we will see others follow. Maybe a Playstation 4 would be aluminum cased, I think they are greatly inspired by Apples work in design.

And once the elite in hardwaredesign starts doing something else, the older the PlasticBooks will look.

18. tdevers macrumors regular

Any pictures next to a black MB? I much prefer my black MB to the new ones (at least that's what I tell myself).

19. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

If you read a little slower she said newbies to Mac, not MacRumors. Evidently from her signature she isn't new to Macs. I also find it funny MacJenn said what she said and the next comment proved the accusations she made.

I like the new one and previous gen one. No need to bash either one.

20. CoreyMac macrumors regular

No it didnt prove what she said, get off me. All I said was the white casing, whether you like it better or not, had a slew of flaws. I never said she's wrong, I never said the whitebook is ugly, I never said the new ones don't look like PC's in comparison...... just the fact that the new one's build quality is incredible.

21. Mercellus macrumors regular

I think that the new unibody design does look superior however both have their strengths and weaknesses, it comes down to your personal preference.

In terms of the new MacBooks looking like cheap Toshiba PCs, I think it's time that someone had an eye exam. The new MacBooks look professional and solid, and the Toshiba Satellites look like shiny doorstops.

22. timestoby macrumors 6502

nice,so the alum is just abit thinner.but when open they look the same but the alum just looks like its colorwared lol and bigger trackpad

23. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

They look very similar to me also and I have good eyes. The build quality is better in the Macbook, but then again it should for $500 more. There are a number of PC's that has just as solid construction, you just have to pay a Mac prices for them.